Doing Good To Our Enemy

  • Thread starter Thread starter J-Kay-2
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

J-Kay-2

Guest
Romans 12:
[SUP]14 [/SUP]Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.
[SUP]15 [/SUP]Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.
[SUP]16 [/SUP]Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.
[SUP]17 [/SUP]Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.
[SUP]18 [/SUP]If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.
[SUP]19 [/SUP]Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
[SUP]20 [/SUP]Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
[SUP]21 [/SUP]Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Often times it is our human nature to try to defend ourselves.
None of us like to be falsely accused, but it is going to happen.
It is a lesson the Father allows all of us to go through. It is like
taking a test, we have to study for. We could even call it basic
training. Will we graduate with high honors ? It depends on our
attitude. How much do we love Jesus ? How badly do we want to
please Him and show others His love? When we as mere mortals
are unable to react to the negative, we then see how much of
Jesus' love is in us. It is time I say I am so in need of more of
Him, to love as He is love. Love my enemies as much as He does.
Bless the Lord for His awesome Love that is eternal. Like the
Eternal flame it will never die out. Love and Light = Jesus.

 
I have been dealing with this the past couple of days. I run a daycare in my home, and the other day my ex-boyfriends mom calls me up and asks if I had a spot for one of her grandkids. Of course I said yeah not thinking it would be his kiddo...well turns out he and his wife just moved back home and she is trying to find a good sitter so she can go back to work. I wouldn't say that she is my enemy but the breakup was bad (although it was like 7 years ago) I'm just amazed that one when I need the extra income, God has brought it to me and two that he hasn't let the fact I'm the ex affect her decision to have me care for their son. Most people these days wouldn't even dream of letting their spouse talk to their ex's let alone let the ex care for their child.
Thanks for the great post! Have a blessed day!
 
CCmarie05;bt5453 said:
I have been dealing with this the past couple of days. I run a daycare in my home, and the other day my ex-boyfriends mom calls me up and asks if I had a spot for one of her grandkids. Of course I said yeah not thinking it would be his kiddo...well turns out he and his wife just moved back home and she is trying to find a good sitter so she can go back to work. I wouldn't say that she is my enemy but the breakup was bad (although it was like 7 years ago) I'm just amazed that one when I need the extra income, God has brought it to me and two that he hasn't let the fact I'm the ex affect her decision to have me care for their son. Most people these days wouldn't even dream of letting their spouse talk to their ex's let alone let the ex care for their child.
Thanks for the great post! Have a blessed day!

What a beautiful testimony. God does work in wonderful ways.
I see a beautiful work He is doing in you. If we all could learn
to love with the love of the Lord, what a different world this would
be. God bless you !!!
 
J-Kay-2;bt5461 said:
What a beautiful testimony. God does work in wonderful ways.
I see a beautiful work He is doing in you. If we all could learn
to love with the love of the Lord, what a different world this would
be. God bless you !!!

That is a wonderful testimony and is full of the compassion that we need to show to others, especially those we have been hurt by. We do forget that none of us are without sin and perfect. But Christ show us his love for us and how we need to treat others irregardless of who they are and what they do. Mary Magdeline is a excellent example. Christ treated her with love and compassion even though to the rest of the public she was a sinner. Christ did that for us. We need to do that to others and show true forgiveness which is what we have received through Christ.