Don't confuse vengeance with justice..

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
19Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord....Notice it does not say justice is mine. God gave us judges to make those kinds of decisions,, When we confuse vengeance with justice, we might as well throw out the whole legal system. Imagine if killed someone, and i go before the judge and say ''Well your honor I confessed it to God and He has forgiven me" Do you think the judge is gonna say "Ok then, you're free to go" NO.. justice still has to prevail

Last edited:
F

francina

Not a popular topic in this world of hippie Christianity when most try to make God to be a pacifist. He is not. It is funny that the secular world really puts a lot of pressure on believers to be meek, humble, forgiving always. There is a time for everything. God never once stopped showing His wrath or vengeance. However, people are very quick to say, God did not cause this tragedy or He does good all the time never evil. You know, we can not bring God on our level, He defines what is good & what is evil. He said if you sin, you will surely die, there would be no death if He did not say that. His Word is law.
Well, this might not be in line with your post but there it is.

G

giantone

Not a popular topic in this world of hippie Christianity when most try to make God to be a pacifist. He is not. It is funny that the secular world really puts a lot of pressure on believers to be meek, humble, forgiving always. There is a time for everything. God never once stopped showing His wrath or vengeance. However, people are very quick to say, God did not cause this tragedy or He does good all the time never evil. You know, we can not bring God on our level, He defines what is good & what is evil. He said if you sin, you will surely die, there would be no death if He did not say that. His Word is law.
Well, this might not be in line with your post but there it is.
That is about what was taught two Sundays ago in my church, there is a time to keep your mouth shut and a time kick people's buts.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Eye for eye, tooth for tooth
This is justice, this is truth
Let the punishment fit the crime
Dispel the myth, it’s long past time

I know God’s rules, they’re clearly listed
But people tend to get it twisted
We’re told to forgive in Jesus name
But justice and vengeance are not the same

If there were no distinction between the two
There would be nothing that the law could do
Criminals would be running free
Is that the way it’s supposed to be?

In the book of Romans, we clearly see
Man has God given authority
They do not bear the sword in vain
On this God’s word clear and plain

H

hislastwalk

Eye for eye, tooth for tooth
This is justice, this is truth
Let the punishment fit the crime
Dispel the myth, it’s long past time

I know God’s rules, they’re clearly listed
But people tend to get it twisted
We’re told to forgive in Jesus name
But justice and vengeance are not the same

If there were no distinction between the two
There would be nothing that the law could do
Criminals would be running free
Is that the way it’s supposed to be?

In the book of Romans, we clearly see
Man has God given authority
They do not bear the sword in vain
On this God’s word clear and plain

"You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.'39 But I say to you, Do not resist the one who is evil. But if anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.40 And if anyone would sue you and take your tunic,t let him have your cloak as well.41 And if anyone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles.42 Give to the one who begs from you, and do not refuse the one who would borrow from you.

Love Your Enemies

43 "You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.'44 But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.46 For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same?47 And if you greet only your brothers,t what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same?48 You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect. -Matthew 5:38-48

H

hislastwalk

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sonst of God." -Matthew 5:9

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sonst of God." -Matthew 5:9

Sometimes the road to peace must be paved by the blood of tyrants

H

hislastwalk

Sometimes the road to peace must be paved by the blood of tyrants
Where is that hinted in the New Testament? Anywhere before Revelation and after Matthew? It's nowhere, it's not judgment day, yet.

Feb 16, 2011
i do not believe that prison is vengence. god ordained the powers that be. it is not vengence to call the police or testify against someone. it is between the criminal and the powers that be. the criminal commited a crime against god's powers. romans 13:3 "for rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same"

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Where is that hinted in the New Testament? Anywhere before Revelation and after Matthew? It's nowhere, it's not judgment day, yet.
What u seem to be missing is that judges and govermnent have God given authority,,look it up its in the 13th chapter of Romans