Don't get your hopes up

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
O

OwenHeidenreich

...we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope

Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.''

Where does hope lead you to? Character!

Did You Know ... hope is the anchor of your faith and soul?

You know hope is something you need to get sky high?

and your whole life you heard this phrase. "Don't get your hopes up."

"you know it would be great if God did that, brother, but don't get your hopes up."

Who's ever heard that stuff?

God says "Your hope should be sky high. your hope should be confidence in things that you believe. Your hope does not disappoint."

God speaks the language of life and encouragement. Read the bible literally, :) hope you hear the Holy Spirit. HES AWESOME!

dont listen to the language of discouragement and death

T

Tintin

I'm going to take you to task on your signature.

Our Destination is the New Heaven and the New Earth, not Paradise. Also, Our Mission isn't to destroy all evil on Earth, but to spread God's kingdom and His Good News where-ever we go. Jesus Christ is the one who conquered sin, death and the devil at the cross. The battle still rages but the war has already been won.

O

OwenHeidenreich

I wrote paradise because i did not want to write "new heaven and new earth" (trying to keep it short)

Also, if you believe that Bringing Gods Kingdom to this Earth Does NOT destroy Evil then I hope you find faith soon, because God gave us his Spirit which conquers evil.

If Evil was not destroyed when God healed those 10 or so people at my school, instantly, then i don't know what it is but God loves them!! :) :)

T

Tintin

Here it is in plain, simple English: Jesus Christ conquered sin, not us. We're his instruments, he works through us to further his Kingdom. I know the Holy Spirit is at work. Please don't question my faith. I know Christ.

O

OwenHeidenreich

I know the Holy Spirit is at work. Please don't question my faith. I know Christ.
sorry dude i meant "hope you find faith" as in "i hope you find more faith"

T

Tintin

Okay, no worries. Our Christian walk with Christ is a journey. So that's always something to grow into more and more.