Don't Go Looking for the Devil

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 20, 2016
Thanks for sharing the link. I think Monica may have been hurt in the past and only further blinded by others false preaching.

Here in the cited video I believe she is confused, perhaps because others do confuse (translated: distort) the teachings. Flesh and spirit are two different concepts - flesh gives birth to flesh ... But spirit gives birth to spirit. Spirit is not a physical aspect. This does not reject in any way the union of man and woman when the two become one flesh. Nor does it condone in anyway homosexuality or pedophilia. These are two distinct concepts she is confusing. To be honest I have not even heard of any preacher using such an argument for homosexuality but I will watch for and watch out for it.

To clarify, there is a feminine (not gender - female) nature of the divine. This nature is the middle pillar of the tree of life. The attributes of this feminine nature are mercy, compassion, empathy, ability to forgive and such like. These traits, attributes or characteristics offset the authority, severity, judgment attributes of the three part or triune nature of G.O.D.
She said absolutely nothing untrue in the video I posted. "Triune" is not a word found in the Bible, but it IS found in the Bible that Wisdom is FEMALE (Proverbs 1:20). The attributes of females is also fierce and strong (Proverbs 31:17; Psalm 68:13; Psalm 68:11, 12).

As far as God having gender, the Bible makes that very clear, God has gender. God the FATHER. Fathers are male. Jesus Christ is male. His Spirit of Wisdom is female. Both male and female are made in God's image (Genesis 1:26).

The Holy Spirit and God the Father came together and made a Holy baby (Luke 1:35).

V

Vigil

Her hair is red. Does red hair make a human being a witch or does it make the accuser a character assassin based on nothing? People look all kinds of ways, but it's what they DO that tells you who they are. Rude. God said you will know them by their fruits.

Matthew 7:16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?
17 Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit.

You don't know how much make up she has on!! Were you there when she applied it? Do you know her skin issues, and where is it forbidden in the Bible? God dressed up Israel to perfect her beauty (Ezekiel 16), and Job, the most righteous man on earth at that time names his daughter after eye shadow (Job 42:14).

John 7:24 Stop judging by mere appearances, but instead judge correctly."
John 7:24 Look beneath the surface so you can judge correctly." - NIV

I'm not screaming "SHES A WITCH" cause her hair is a certain color, but its a certain presence she conveys which I am unfortunately familiar with. I can accept what she says at face-value but the tone of her message seems all gumdrops and icecream and that isn't the time we are in. Perhaps she is of God, but I am naturally suspicious when my alarm bell goes off. Perhaps its discernment, perhaps not. But I apologize if I offended you in any way. It is also not my intent to judge her, and I apologize if it seemed like that, I just don't trust her, because I get a bit of a "feeling" about her.

V

Vigil

She said absolutely nothing untrue in the video I posted. "Triune" is not a word found in the Bible, but it IS found in the Bible that Wisdom is FEMALE (Proverbs 1:20). The attributes of females is also fierce and strong (Proverbs 31:17; Psalm 68:13; Psalm 68:11, 12).

As far as God having gender, the Bible makes that very clear, God has gender. God the FATHER. Fathers are male. Jesus Christ is male. His Spirit of Wisdom is female. Both male and female are made in God's image (Genesis 1:26).

The Holy Spirit and God the Father came together and made a Holy baby (Luke 1:35).
If wisdom is female why does paul say for women not to speak at church?

Also the holy spirit and the father making a baby... I don't know about that, you can interpret it that way but something about that rubs me the wrong way? Not trying to be argumentative, and in a certain way that does make sense but am hesitant to accept that in those terms.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 20, 2016
If wisdom is female why does paul say for women not to speak at church?

Also the holy spirit and the father making a baby... I don't know about that, you can interpret it that way but something about that rubs me the wrong way? Not trying to be argumentative, and in a certain way that does make sense but am hesitant to accept that in those terms.
IF Wisdom is female? Again, you've read Proverbs 1, right? Or are you denying Scripture?

"Woman" and "Man" is accurately translated as WIFE and HUSBAND, and the only Bible that states this fact is in the footnotes of the NIV. To apply woman and man to mean the entire gender is inaccurate and is a bad translation because that's exactly what the church's have done to silence half of the body of Christ. Woman and man simply means wife and husband and a husband does have authority over his wife, and only his wife.

1 Timothy 2:11 A WIFE should learn in quietness and full submission. 12 I do not permit a WIFE to teach or to assume authority over her HUSBAND; she must be quiet.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...1332747373047.46138.1661930167&type=3&theater

Luke 1:35 35 The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called[a] the Son of God.

That's exactly what it says. There is no mistaking it. It says the Holy Spirit, and the Power of the Most High (God the Father), CAME TOGETHER, and created the SON of GOD.

Feb 20, 2016
I'm not screaming "SHES A WITCH" cause her hair is a certain color, but its a certain presence she conveys which I am unfortunately familiar with. I can accept what she says at face-value but the tone of her message seems all gumdrops and icecream and that isn't the time we are in. Perhaps she is of God, but I am naturally suspicious when my alarm bell goes off. Perhaps its discernment, perhaps not. But I apologize if I offended you in any way. It is also not my intent to judge her, and I apologize if it seemed like that, I just don't trust her, because I get a bit of a "feeling" about her.
You specifically pointed out the way she LOOKS.

I've known a lot of "new agers" and self proclaimed "witches" and she definitely LOOKS like she fits the bill...

I also find it strange for a devout christian woman to have THAT MUCH make up. I mean seriously, I'm not trying to be unkind but that is a LOT of makeup.
What is her presence? Nice? Non-judgmental? Do witches come off as gumdrops and icecream to you?

V

Vigil

I read proverbs, it refers to wisdom as a "she" but that can be taken as poetic license... How can a concept have a gender? God is more than a concept however. Maybe a concept can have a gender, but that's debatable. If we go down that road then does grace have a gender? Does the law? etc

Like I said I got a bad feeling, maybe im wrong, im humble enough to admit I dont have all the answers. I pointed out how she looked and that may have been wrong, but I just got a "bad feeling" I wont defend my point anymore cause at face value her point does hold merit. But I will say these days yes witches are "gumdrops and icecream" and love to talk about universal light and love and all sorts of nonsense, and just tell you to ignore all negativity.

Feb 20, 2016
I read proverbs, it refers to wisdom as a "she" but that can be taken as poetic license... How can a concept have a gender? God is more than a concept however. Maybe a concept can have a gender, but that's debatable. If we go down that road then does grace have a gender? Does the law? etc

Like I said I got a bad feeling, maybe im wrong, im humble enough to admit I dont have all the answers. I pointed out how she looked and that may have been wrong, but I just got a "bad feeling" I wont defend my point anymore cause at face value her point does hold merit. But I will say these days yes witches are "gumdrops and icecream" and love to talk about universal light and love and all sorts of nonsense, and just tell you to ignore all negativity.

Wisdom isn't a concept, or a thing, or a thought. She is a Spirit of God.

Isaiah 11:2 The Spirit of the LORD will rest on him-- the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the Spirit of counsel and of might, the Spirit of the knowledge and fear of the LORD--

Does the Bible say grace or law has a gender? No, but it says God the Father is the Most High, the Spirit of Wisdom is female, and Jesus Christ the Son of God is a Son.

She speaks hard truths. And it looks like the truth in this video is hard for a lot of people to swallow.

V

Vigil

to be honest the entire video seemed contradictory to me. It seemed like she was saying it was a duty to look but not too look. :/

A lot of things in the bible are concepts/poetic license/allegory. It's not contradicting the bible to question whether a concept can have a gender. Anthropomorphizing wisdom seems very close to idolotry to me or at least a slippery slope. As a matter of fact it sounds suspiciously close to the concept of a "goddess" or in particular "Athena" but I digress.

And I think the devil would just love for us to ignore him and pretend he doesn't exist. The bible can be interpreted more than one way. But I can see we aren't going to make any headway so God bless.

Last edited by a moderator:
V

Vigil

I will take what is said here under advisement cause its not the first time i've heard it, and maybe i could stand to do a little less research, but that does not mean she is trustworthy. I do not know her works, so I can't say for sure, but its just the feeling i get from her.

Feb 20, 2016
I will take what is said here under advisement cause its not the first time i've heard it, and maybe i could stand to do a little less research, but that does not mean she is trustworthy. I do not know her works, so I can't say for sure, but its just the feeling i get from her.
I definitely don't expect people to take anybody's word for it, but only God's!! God's words are flawless. He said use discernment. But if you keep your focus on Jesus Christ you will see clearly.

Her looks are always brought up instead of the content of her character and the Scripture she speaks. She is beautiful!! And very married and what her husband thinks is all that matters. He digs her.

V

Vigil

I did not say she was unattractive, she just appeared very... "glamorous" I guess. So I guess if anything its the opposite of me calling her ugly. I apologize either way for that particular comment.

If I offended you I am also sorry, I just think this world is so bad at this point, that its impossible to be a Christian and not see things, but you should also seek wisdom to be able to discern what is right and wrong. I don't know how much is "too much" but I will say I would be far more ignorant of the things that are happening in this world (Especially in the media.) If I did not take the time to look at things from all viewpoints but I prioritize the bible beyond everything else.

It said in revelations that knowledge would increase, and men would go to and fro. In this time we must be vigilant for even the elect can be deceived.

J

jaybird88

Matthew 10:28 Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Revelation 2:24 Now I say to the rest of you in Thyatira, to you who do not hold to her teaching and have not learned Satan's so-called deep secrets, 'I will not impose any other burden on you,

how can one be afraid of the one out to destroy our body and soul when so many are dumbed down by living in a society that revolves around reality tv, shopping at walmart and celebrity worship?

i like the new age, age of awareness and all the rest. why? because the faith that i grew up in, that i love has fallen off a cliff and is nothing like the church founded by Jesus and the 12. preachers driving bentlys, CC machines in church lobbies, ushers handing out catalogs, a zillion different denominations, churches taking poor peoples money for mission trips to countries that are already Christian but not the right denomination etc etc. is this the right directions of Christianity? and with all this going on people are gonna say dont rock the boat, just let it ride, just go back to sleep. if i was Satan that is exactly what i would want people to do.