Doomed!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

theteachermiss

Ok. So yea, I tried out the online dating thing. Found a great Christian man and we have been emailing back and forth. SO you are probably thinking great. Glad its working out but heres the thing. I am losing my focus! I feel I am checking my emails FAR too often and I am checking to see if he's online and I'm beginning to feel like one of those stalker people! I am not a stalker person!
And I still don't know if he likes me. We don't flirt really and most of the conversations have been intellectual and platonic. I can't tell if he is genuinely interested or if he's just bored and that's why he replies.

Do any of yall ever get this way? What do you do to make it stop? My mind is just so clouded right now. I really need advice.

I have not met this man in real life yet but I can already tell that he is special and I don't want to mess things up!

Like I said, I'm doomed HELP!

L

libertygirl

How long have you two been talking to each other?

R

_Ryan_

Personally, l would never consider online dating. I want a girl whose hand I can hold, a girl I can take walks with, whose reaction I can see when I say certain things to her.
But if that is what you are into, do not become obsessed, understand people got a lot going on in their lives, they may not always be able to get back to you in emails. I have issues with people that constantly want to text me.
Do not become obsessed with it, understand that other things in your life need taken care of, when the point comes where you neglect things that normally you get done, then it's a problem.

T

theteachermiss

We've been emailing almost daily for a couple of weeks now. Yea, I kinda feel like Meg Ryan in You Got Mail! LOL. I really think I want to meet him soon but I haven't brought it up and neither has he.

error

Oct 23, 2009
Been there, done that.

Well, i don't use any dating websites or somethng. But - i have met guys online. I understand you so well. :) I know the feeling whn you really like someone.

If you two will never meet in 'real life''-thn your 'feelings' will go away someday. :) I don't know is it worth to focus on all that right now-since you even don't know- 'does he like me or not'? I mean sometimes it works, sometimes not. :)

Another question-is he from the same place as you are (city, state, country)?

T

theteachermiss

Been there, done that.

Well, i don't use any dating websites or somethng. But - i have met guys online. I understand you so well. :) I know the feeling whn you really like someone.

If you two will never meet in 'real life''-thn your 'feelings' will go away someday. :) I don't know is it worth to focus on all that right now-since you even don't know- 'does he like me or not'? I mean sometimes it works, sometimes not. :)

Another question-is he from the same place as you are (city, state, country)?
He's about 90miles south of me. So, I would not say distance is an issue. Yes, I really don't like this feeling! How do you find out if they really like you? Does that only happen once you have met in person? If so, when is the best time to meet in person?

error

Oct 23, 2009
He's about 90miles south of me. So, I would not say distance is an issue. Yes, I really don't like this feeling! How do you find out if they really like you? Does that only happen once you have met in person? If so, when is the best time to meet in person?

They (usually) like me. :D Well, some ppl i just can't meet so easy as others. I mean some ppl live tooooo far away-from me.

I have met some guys from my country. But sometimes it is a lil bit diff in real life (not always a good thng).

I met my ex in real life-whn i was not looking for someone. And it was nice.

Oh, i met one guy on myspace some years ago. But i knew from the very start that we will be only friends (even he is very handsome and all that). And i have met him in real life. We are best friends now. We trust each other. We have a really nice friendship. We both can 'read' each other so well.

I think it is better to know for sure that he likes you-before you have a meeting with him. Just imagine how sad that would be (for you) if you two would have a meeting-> and only after that you realize that he does not like you 'that way'.

Jilly81

Jan 16, 2011
As far as the obsessing over wanting to check email: when I notice that I'm doing that, I do a self-imposed net break, and simply go offline for a few days (or a week or so; depends). It would be a good thing to tell him, too...might make him say something like, "oh, I'll ,miss you!", and I've had a bunch of people tell me that it made them think and then they decided to do it themselves. Seems to be easier to think when you don't allow yourself to thin about boys, haha :D. Also, it makes it easier to define your OWN feelings for him if you can't talk to him for a day or so. As far as knowing if he likes you the same way ... it might help if you give an example of what he DOES say to you, and we could give you our opinions.

A

Aqua_Girl09

I personally haven't had many good encounters with online dating.>_> just making friends is hard. T-T.

but i feel like its easier for girls to write and message and go back and forth. and maybe for some guys writing is easy but for most guys i know, they write simply one worded answers or a small sentence. Just enough to answer what was asked.

so i feel like the fact that hes even talking to you as much as he is, is a give away that hes interested. ^-^