Dr. Ramsey or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

NukePooch

Stupid Tax.

For those who are devotees of Dave Ramsey, you already know what Stupid Tax is. For those who don't know, Stupid Tax is a price or fine that you pay for an ignorant, dumb mistake.

Today, I paid Stupid Tax.

I have wanted to buy a certain item for quite a while now. I was all set to go and buy said item, when I heard that the very item was offered for sale on a penny auction (you buy bids, then use said bids to bid on the auction item), with the possibility of getting it for a fraction of the price.

Key word in that statement: 'possibility'

Which, as I am fully aware, means that there is a possibility that I wouldn't get it for a discount at all, and and a possibility of actually ending up paying more for the item than the original asking price.

I bought some bids and began to 'save money'. Well, I ran out of bids, so I had to buy more bids to continue in the auction, because if I didn't win the auction, I'd lose all of the money that I bought the bids with. When all was said and done, I had 'saved' so much money by going the penny auction route that I actually paid more for the item than if I had just gone to the store and bought the thing.

What about y'all? Did you ever KNOW that what you were going to do might/probably/wouldn't work, yet you went ahead and did it anyways, and ended up paying for it? Care to share?

Attachments