Dreams/Nightmares

• Thread starter heartbrokenandhoping
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
H

heartbrokenandhoping

This is just a question that I'd really like to get others' opinions on. Do you think God and/or demonic spirits communicate with us through nightmares? I'm almost certain God communicated with me through a dream once, but I guess this question is more focusing on bad dreams. For example, I recently decided to completely cut off contact with my most recent ex. But the last few nights, I've been having dreams that we're back together and super happy. Obviously that ends me waking up really upset and heartbroken all over again. Last night I also had a dream after that one that I was at my house alone at night, and when I walked in the door after seeing friends, my mom was standing there. Long story short it wasn't actually my mom, it was an evil spirit taking the form of my mom to get me to get in the car with it. It ended and I woke up at the point where me and the evil spirit that looked like my mom were driving away, so who knows where that would have ended up haha. Those are just a few examples so I guess I'm just curious what you guys think dreams like that would mean, and also if it has anything to do with God or demonic influences?

C

cgirl

Well, I had a pretty disturbing dream once, but I don't think that demons can get into our minds... God's the only one who can know the thoughts of us humans.

Maybe your nightmares are caused by your emotions.
Pray to God and ask him to heal your heart

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Well, I had a pretty disturbing dream once, but I don't think that demons can get into our minds... God's the only one who can know the thoughts of us humans.

Maybe your nightmares are caused by your emotions.
Pray to God and ask him to heal your heart
Demons can most definitely influence our thoughts. I believe GOD can communicate with us through dreams, definitely. This sort of sounds like your sub-concious wishing that you and your ex could have been happy together. I agree with the last part of cgirl's reply---pray to God, ask him to take your ex out of your heart and mind. Then these sort of dreams will stop. :)

M

MrsClementMelton1122

Yes. I've had similar dreams. Anytime, I would leave a ex-boyfriend or overcome a stronghold the enemy would attempt to attack me in my dreams. Any time I would have a dream like that my first reaction would be to rebuke Satan and send him back to hell powerless and unable to enter back through any doorway. My friend was telling me the other day about how she finally broke things off with her recent boyfriend and that night dreamed about her ex boyfriend trying to get him to sleep with her. She deals with the spirit of masturbation. confusion, jealously, gossiping, and strongholds. Satan attacks her by bringing men in her life that she lusts after and can't seem to get rid of. Satan's number 1 goal is to keep us from knowing who we truly are and the power God has given us as Christians. Don't be afraid I taught myself how to pray in my dreams. Anytime I face demonic spirits in my dreams I begin to pray and call on Jesus.

lncy

Jun 16, 2014
I did not sleep last night thanks to several nightmares and those horrible dreams when you think you're awake but you're not really. I tend to look at dreams and nightmares though as the product of daily conscious and unconscious thought processes and hormonal levels etc.