Drive in church. Have church in your car. Bring your dog even.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

1still_waters

Church Allows Worshipers To Sit In The Comfort Of Their Car

Doggie.jpg

Daytona Beach -FL -

A Florida drive
in Movie Theater has now been converted into a drive-in Christian church that encourages parishioners to meet for mass, while enjoying comfort of their car!

You might think that a drive in church could be isolating but here in Daytona Beach that is not the case.
It is a church where you never leave the parking lot.

Bikers and babies, masters and pets roll in Sunday mornings to the Daytona Beach Christian Church, tuning in to 88.5 AM on their car
radios to sing along and pray with a pastor before what was once a drive-in movie screen.

The isolation of the vehicle enables some too shy to go out in public to return to worship.

"We have had people who have been able to come here even when they are battling diseases and have felt that I don't need to get dressed up to go to church," explains, the church's senior pastor, Bob Kemp-Baird.

Plastic cups of grape juice and bread are distributed at the gate for communion, along with dog biscuits.
Many regulars bring small children and pets.

Some people close their doors and windows for privacy, while others open up to socialize.

At the end of the sermon to applaud, practitioners turn on their lights and honk their horns.

Read more: Church Allows Worshipers To Sit In The Comfort Of Their Car - Philadelphia News, Weather and Sports from WTXF FOX 29

Church Allows Worshipers To Sit In The Comfort Of Their Car - Philadelphia News, Weather and Sports from WTXF FOX 29

Dec 12, 2013
My brother actually did a religious cartoon in 1990 and called it Mc Church and had a order board that had stuff on in like...drive forward for your prefabricated sermon, Small Prayer, Medium Prayer, Large Prayer etc....

He got ripped by a few people who had no intestinal fortitude as they mailed him hateful letters, but had no (marbles) to sign their names.....

1still_waters

These churches, although they do look ridiculous, and although they probably do attract those who are being lazy, do serve a very unique valid ministry niche.

A

AgeofKnowledge

I don't see it as a replacement for a local assembly but I think it would add value to be able to go to a drive in service that was hosted by a genuine Christian church on Saturday nights from time to time.

1still_waters

I don't see it as a replacement for a local assembly but I think it would add value to be able to go to a drive in service that was hosted by a genuine Christian church on Saturday nights from time to time.
There are also families whom may have an elderly family member where it's hard enough to get them out of the house and into a car, let alone out of the car again and into a church. Others have been abused so much they have very extreme social anxieties. The list could go on and on.

A

AgeofKnowledge

Indeed. I heard of a skateboard church once that met in a parking lot. A hundred young people were saved out of it.

Drett

Feb 16, 2013
We would not want God to inconvenience us now. We really are becoming a world of little substance.

A

AgeofKnowledge

Liberal Drett can't see that God meets people where they are and draws near to them as they draw near to Him?

There's a twenty something gamer at our church that canvassed his neighborhood and found fifteen unsaved gamers (mostly atheists) and invited them over to a weekly gamer party at his house where they would play games until late in the morning with snacks. A good time for all right? While he opened every Saturday night gaming party with prayer and a brief bible study. Over time, they all got saved. Every last one of them. For most, it was their church. They are growing up now and attending his church on their own. Off the milk and onto the meat.

Was he wrong to do that Drett? Does that not meet your requirements for substance?

We would not want God to inconvenience us now. We really are becoming a world of little substance.

1still_waters

The lazy probably do take advantage of this, but there are very unique special needs people whom need this type of church format.

Drett

Feb 16, 2013
Liberal Drett can't see that God meets people where they are and draws near to them as they draw near to Him?
I understand, liberals are all things bad on this site. Need to apply that label onto me somehow.

I would have thought my comments were more conservative but I won't rain on your parade. :)

Drett

Feb 16, 2013
The lazy probably do take advantage of this, but there are very unique special needs people whom need this type of church format.
I understand. I always think if they can make it into the car then that is half the battle done. There is a guy who spine is in such a state if he hits a bump the wrong way in his wheel chair he will be bedridden for months. After a long stint in bed from failed attempts, he finally achieved his dream of worshipping in congregation. Now that is substance.

M

Mammachickadee

Coincidence in the timing? :)

A

AgeofKnowledge

Ah, someone got a feeling bent. Pretty funny for a guy who spends a lot of his time bending the feelings others... lol. Whatever haha, moving along...

I understand, liberals are all things bad on this site. Need to apply that label onto me somehow.

I would have thought my comments were more conservative but I won't rain on your parade. :)

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
...wonders how they administer 'church discipline' to someones making out in the backseat...
(sorry, I'm old school).

A

AgeofKnowledge

Here's one for you. The Crystal Cathedral started when a young Robert Schuller crawled on top of a drive in movie theater snack bar in the early 1950s and began preaching.

^ This turned into the picture below:

I've never been a fan of Robert Schuller or his theology; however, he had quite a ride up to the top to be sure. But like Issac Newton once pointed out what goes up can certainly come down.

In Robert Schuller's case, it was more like a train wreck that ended in bankruptcy court with the St. Callistus Catholic Church taking over the Crystal Cathedral and renaming it Christ's Cathedral.

Robert's almost dead of cancer and his family and his congregation largely dispersed into factions.

That's all folks!

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Indeed. I heard of a skateboard church once that met in a parking lot. A hundred young people were saved out of it.
there was a 'biker church' in the county i used to live in that was similar; met in a parking lot behind a motorcycle shop.

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
My friend and I used to belly laugh at a joke between us where a church has these comfort pods for seats in front of the pulput (kinda like Wall E if youve seen that) and when the preaching got too convicting you could shut the pod lol This seems one step closer too that...lol