Drugs and Lies in Church

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

choZn

:( My husband and I have become aware of a drug problem among some teen boys in our church youth group. At first there was only one. Now there are three. Probably more. Sadly, one of them the boyfriend of my daughter. Another, the son of a prominent church leader. When we first found out, we spoke to the boyfriend and agreed not to speak to a parent unless more offenses were made. That was 2 months ago. Unfortunately, we also witnessed a deal right in the church! I know God has allowed us to know and see these things for a reason, and that these parents need to know but oh, how I dread to be the messenger. Meanwhile, lies run rampant and one boy has threatened to kill another if his parents find out. God help me and my husband! What are we suppose to do? If anything happens to one of these boys because of the drugs and we don't do something to intervene we would feel terrible. I'm also worried that they will turn on my daughter or younger son. We don't know the extent of involvement with others or the depth of the problem with each individual, so we also don't know the risks we take in exposing a drug issue. Please pray for my family, these boys, and anyone else who may be involved. Please pray that God will reveal what, if anything, He wants us to do then supply us with the strength and determination to do His will. Your prayers will be much appreciated.

W

wolfywolfs

how old are these teenages

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Prayiing for all of you in Jesus Christ is Lord!

God bless.
pickles

C

choZn

God, my heart is breaking. Where is the truth? Those involved point fingers at each other, lie, and place blame- even on myself and my family! The church leader takes a 'not my son' stance and grows more defensive even as others come forward and fact is seperated from hearsay. All of these boys are special. I haven't targeted them nor do I want to. You have granted me knowledge with a responsibility I did not ask for. Give me wisdom and strength to do it right. Let these boys know they are special and loved, and their parents, too. Please be with our youth pastor and minister as they take over. Please, please God, turn these boys back to you and lead them away from this path they are on. Use me however You will, just please place your hand of protection over my family. Amen and amen.

Wolfy, they are late teens and older. Their ages, however, are irrelevant to me. It is the emptiness in their lives, the void they are trying to fill with drugs that burdens my heart. I know and they know what/who could really fill that void but they are not choosing that. These are not bad kids, these are young men making bad decisions. I have hope for them.

P

princessbella

just wanted you to know i really understand where your at, i have the same problem but its where i live rather than in the church, 3 dealers alone on my street, so its hard to stand up and be counted and say this isnt right, the teenagers on my estate are just wasting their lives on drik, drugs and sex, its a huge problem among teenagers whos hearts are empty looking for something, it breaks my heart too again there not baf kids just kids making mad decisions cos there either bored or filling a void what can only really be filled by God

i pray god give you wisdom

Vladimir_Ukr

May 26, 2010
What's happening in the church it's a very awful.
I will be pray for teens and their parents.
May God help all of you in this situation.

Apr 6, 2011
Oh the irony in the word supply...

My brother tried to get me to grow some cannabis plants in my back garden yestarday and gave me some pollen to sell at my school, drugs are everywhere these days :/

R

Ramon

:( My husband and I have become aware of a drug problem among some teen boys in our church youth group. At first there was only one. Now there are three. Probably more. Sadly, one of them the boyfriend of my daughter. Another, the son of a prominent church leader. When we first found out, we spoke to the boyfriend and agreed not to speak to a parent unless more offenses were made. That was 2 months ago. Unfortunately, we also witnessed a deal right in the church! I know God has allowed us to know and see these things for a reason, and that these parents need to know but oh, how I dread to be the messenger. Meanwhile, lies run rampant and one boy has threatened to kill another if his parents find out. God help me and my husband! What are we suppose to do? If anything happens to one of these boys because of the drugs and we don't do something to intervene we would feel terrible. I'm also worried that they will turn on my daughter or younger son. We don't know the extent of involvement with others or the depth of the problem with each individual, so we also don't know the risks we take in exposing a drug issue. Please pray for my family, these boys, and anyone else who may be involved. Please pray that God will reveal what, if anything, He wants us to do then supply us with the strength and determination to do His will. Your prayers will be much appreciated.
Okay chozn I will. May Jesus bless you and keep you.