drunkeness and cigarette smoking

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

Cino

Sorry, I made a typo error in my last statement... I meant to say "love not the WORLD, nor the things in the world".

E

Exoaria

I think this is a wide gate and narrow gate scenario.
If you drink, smoke and go all the worldly ways you're only going to find destruction.

By whatever means of whether it's a sin or not isn't the question. If you're never sober, you're not going to be able to effectively move in the manifestation the Spirit has for you and if you're smoking you're making yourself susceptible to conditions which can harm you. Smoking does damage to your body and the Lord's intentions for you are for you to be healthy and to prosper. You're only hindering yourself.

D

DragonSlayer

Very good point, Dragonslayer, but good luck banning cigarette smoking. lol. It's so funny that so many things are banned in the country but cigarettes and drinking, which are both proven to destroy your health are perfectly legal. But it's going to remain that way.
I disagree. How do you know " it's going to remain that way " ? Did the Lord tell you so ? Aren't you limiting greatly the Lord's Power to change things ? No, it's not going to remain that way. But people have to get united and do their part together once and for all, and the Lord will help greatly beyond any human expectation !

D

DragonSlayer

My opinion...Im going to die sometime anyways...If I enjoy the occasional drink or cigarette who cares? Its not causing anything that isnt inevitable anyways.
An occasional drink is not the same thing as smoking a cigarette in the first place ! Cigarette is a silent killer who kills you day by day from the inside and who is greatly reducing your immune system, health, and quality of life.

Smoking a cigarette is like a day by day suicide. Sad thing is a suicidal person may say exactly the same kind of sentence you said here. But instead of smoking a cigarette in the sentence, it would be jump off the cliff for instance.
Never kill yourself in any way; AFTER ALL YOU CARE FOR YOUR LIFE, DON'T YOU ?

R

reject-tech

Cigarette smoking is symbolic of blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.
But it's not the blasphemy itself.
Getting incurable cancer from it is symbolic of blasphemy of the Holy Spirit not being forgiven.
Not being able to stop is symbolic of how hard it is to stop blaspheming the Holy Spirit.

This doesn't mean that smokers blaspheme the Holy Spirit, often times the earthly symbolism is manifested in an opposite community. It's an instructional example.

Either way, it's still a transgression, and I still smoke. :(

D

DragonSlayer

Cigarette smoking is symbolic of blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.
But it's not the blasphemy itself.
Getting incurable cancer from it is symbolic of blasphemy of the Holy Spirit not being forgiven.
Not being able to stop is symbolic of how hard it is to stop blaspheming the Holy Spirit.

This doesn't mean that smokers blaspheme the Holy Spirit, often times the earthly symbolism is manifested in an opposite community. It's an instructional example.

Either way, it's still a transgression, and I still smoke. :(
If you just see it as a transgression, then you don't see the whole picture;
to put it bluntly :
You are killing yourself !
Please stop doing it ! For your own sake at least !

And let me tell you cigarette smoking has nothing to do
in any way with the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit !

Last edited by a moderator: