Dry Brushing

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
H

Hellooo

Does anyone else practice dry skin brushing?

I do it before showering or taking a bath everyday, and I find that it's a great and simple way to exfoliate your skin, improve your circulation, and achieve a great glowing complexion. Since your skin is your biggest and most visible organ, this might be something you find worthy of investing a little time in.

There's a lot of articles on it online, but here's one that's pretty comprehensive:

Why You Should Start Dry Body Brushing Today

I

isaria

wonderful.
may buy a scrub.
Thank for advice/tip.
Combined with sauna is the ultimate however :)
then cold water.
Does wonders for the skin and one feels so invigorated.
In sweden they had a pool a tiny bath pool, size large large jacuzi and cold cold water jump in after sauna.

Wish i had of bathed in ocean at winter time and sauna.
They often had sauna , dip in ocean that broken ice and then sauna again with rice to whip body with and a cold beer.

C

CanadianGuy86

hmm interesting stuff. Seeks like alot of work to me though lol. To try it or not to try it...hmm.....

May 24, 2013
I need someone to dry-brush my skin for me; while I do things on the PC etc - sounds too time-consuming; however Im sure if I looked into it and saw benefit I would put more effort into it; but still, someone dry brushing sounds good :)

L

LadyOscar

H

Hellooo

I need someone to dry-brush my skin for me; while I do things on the PC etc - sounds too time-consuming; however Im sure if I looked into it and saw benefit I would put more effort into it; but still, someone dry brushing sounds good :)
This comes off as creepy. Let's try to dial back on that please?

Sounds good to me. I do have another option if you want to get better skin. It's called OLIVE OIL (extra virgin olive oil)! I've been using it for quite some time now (for my skin and hair) and it's great! :D
Discovery Health "Is olive oil good for my skin?"
Barbara Hannah Grufferman: The Healing Power Of Olive Oil
Here's what coffee + olive oil will give you: How to Reduce Cellulite with Coffee - YouTube
Olive oil has a lot of great benefits, I like to use it on my hair sometimes. (I actually prefer coconut oil or raw shea butter) It doesn't really act as a good exfoliant, but since its such a great moisturizer you could definitely combine it with the brushing. I think olive oil (or oils in general) would be a great thread topic...I might have to start another post when I get home :)

May 24, 2013
This comes off as creepy. Let's try to dial back on that please
'creepy' ?? seems to be an 'in-word' ... don't care how it seems, still meant what I said :)

...pharaohs would have others fanning them, feeding them grapes, probably 'dry-brushing' their skin too...

...who am I to differ...?? ... hehe

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
...getting a shower glove, and vigorously rubbing the skin on the face, takes the superficial layer of outer skin off...and can go deeper; make sure you use an Vit A & E micellized liquid afterwards - keeps the skin refreshed and glowing...almost like a chemical peel

May 24, 2013
Sounds good to me. I do have another option if you want to get better skin. It's called OLIVE OIL (extra virgin olive oil)! I've been using it for quite some time now (for my skin and hair) and it's great! :D
Discovery Health "Is olive oil good for my skin?"
Barbara Hannah Grufferman: The Healing Power Of Olive Oil
Here's what coffee + olive oil will give you: How to Reduce Cellulite with Coffee - YouTube
...I make my own creams with natural ingredients... another good oil base is 'evening primrose oil'..., that I love to use ....

...U need to make it water miscible, for greater absorption and penetration..., which is what I do, with other super ingredients...

Last edited:
U

Ugly

This comes off as creepy. Let's try to dial back on that please?

All he said was it sounds like too much work and wishes someone could do it for him while he did other things. How is that creepy? He's not asking anyone here to do it. Just making a comment on not wanting to make the effort himself. I thought the same thing, haha. Seems you've read into it something that was never intended.

H

Hellooo

^ Yeah, I did, Ugly. We hashed it out in private message, I think, but I do want to also apologize on here to Tigerscent since that comment was not very nice ...I read that as something you didn't intend, and I shouldn't have reacted so quickly. I'm sorry!

H

Hellooo

...I make my own creams with natural ingredients... another good oil base is 'evening primrose oil'..., that I love to use ....

...U need to make it water miscible, for greater absorption and penetration..., which is what I do, with other super ingredients...

I've heard of women taking consuming EPO as a way to relieve pain....I hadn't considered it for topical use. Interesting.

May 24, 2013
^ Yeah, I did, Ugly. We hashed it out in private message, I think, but I do want to also apologize on here to Tigerscent since that comment was not very nice ...I read that as something you didn't intend, and I shouldn't have reacted so quickly. I'm sorry!
...that's OK - no worries :)

May 24, 2013
All he said was it sounds like too much work and wishes someone could do it for him while he did other things. How is that creepy? He's not asking anyone here to do it. Just making a comment on not wanting to make the effort himself. I thought the same thing, haha. Seems you've read into it something that was never intended.
...and thanks ugly - good you saw it in the right context ...

May 24, 2013
I've heard of women taking consuming EPO as a way to relieve pain....I hadn't considered it for topical use. Interesting.
...avocado oil is also supposed to be a good one, must try it out sometime as a base...Since Im into biomed, the use of cytokines to stimulate stem cells is another good idea ... which I might look into further ...

stem cells | anti-ageing

...I also add MSM to increase absorption of the ingredients, and DMAE (good as a smart nutrient) :)

Last edited: