Dump John Boehner movement: 425,000 letters in 5 days

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

G4JC

Feb 9, 2011
WASHINGTON – Imagine 85,000 letters demanding House Speaker John Boehner be dumped personally addressed to each House Republican including the name of the sender delivered every day when Congress reconvenes in the first week of January.

If they were delivered hourly it would represent 3,542 every 60 minutes.
That’s 59 per minute.
Now, the “Don’t Be Yellow: Dump Boehner Campaign” won’t be delivering those letters every minute or every hour – just daily. But the 425,000 yellow letters generated by the campaign to date were ordered by Americans in response to the call from WND founder Joseph Farah in just five days.
Think about that – 3,542 letters every minute, or, put another way, 59 generated every second since the campaign launched last Tuesday evening.
And it’s just getting started.
Farah said he expects, based on early reaction, to generate millions of letters in time for delivery when the new Congress opens its session early next month.
“It’s not the Christmas present John Boehner was hoping to receive,” said Farah. “It’s clear from the viral nature of this campaign that millions of Americans, mostly Republicans, by the way, would like to put coal in Boehner’s stocking this year. And they’d like him to accept the gift as just another member of the House of Representatives rather than as its leader.”

The innovative campaign that allows anyone to send a form letter on yellow paper to every Republican member of the House was organized quickly urging them to pick a new leader was organized quickly last week in response to growing anger and frustration from GOP voters who feel ripped off by what they see as a betrayal by Boehner and his leadership team over what Farah characterizes as “his capitulation to Obamacare and the unconstitutional amnesty executive action, which were both fully funded by House Republicans who were voted into office to do just the opposite.”

At about two inches per 500-page ream, there’s already a stack of letters more than 13 stories tall destined for guaranteed delivery to House GOP members.

“While the news cycle has forgotten about Boehner’s betrayal of Republican voters in November, the grass-roots electorate has not,” said Farah. “Even while Americans are busy Christmas shopping and getting ready for the holiday season, they are angry enough at the Republican establishment to put their money where their mouth is – investing in this unusual lobbying effort to wake up House members as to the state of their leadership crisis.”

“Will Republican House members respond in January? At the very least, they won’t be able to ignore the deluge of mail that awaits them,” he said.
JOIN THE DON’T BE YELLOW, DUMP BOEHNER NOW CAMPAIGN.
Farah believes the most effective method of reaching out to Congress is individual letters to members.
His plan lets constituents send letters to all GOP members of the U.S. House through one quick online transaction.

“You can order your letters sent today, and they will be ready for delivery when the new Congress reconvenes in January. It would be great to see thousands or, better yet, tens of thousands flooding in that first week. That will make an impression that cannot be ignored by Republican members of the House,” he said.
“I’m excited. Now it’s up to you. I’ve already ordered my letters. I’ve even secured the domain names DumpBoehnerCampaign.com and DumpBoehnerNow.com for social media dissemination. Tell your friends,” he wrote....

Source: Dump Boehner movement: 425,000 letters in 5 days

1still_waters

The thing is, there is always a LOUD vocal sect of some sort.
Yes over 500,000 people signing something looks like a lot, and looks like it may represent the desires of the majority.

Each loud sect can delude themselves into thinking their voice is the majority voice, simply due to their ability to organize and make a lot of noise, and/or gather together in a place (whether real or virtual) and fill it out.

I think what we have here is a loud, well organized sect, portraying itself and deluding itself into thinking they are THE voice of the people. I'm sure there are 500,000 who think Nancy Pelosi should be speaker, they just haven't organized and created a fuss.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Even if this is reflective of the majority of GOP members, Speaker Boehner will remain Speaker Boehner.

Protest, boycotting, petition drives, etc. should be seen as auxiliary means of political influence. Not primary ones. The conservative wing of the party would be better off seeking the support of high-level donors, and pulling out Don Corleone style offers for congressmen on the fence. Eisen und Blut.

Congressman Gohmert has balls of steel though.

Dec 18, 2013
Boehner should stay as Speaker. He is the only one that can get the factions of the GOP to agree and he is the only major player in the House GOP that seems willing and has and can work with President Obama.

I think the GOP if they were wise would focus their efforts moreso on preventing McConnell from being the Senate Majority Leader. GOP also needs to promote some of its other members instead of reshuffling old hats. Stopping McConnell from taking Majority Leader position is a perfect opportunity for the GOP to refresh itself, and it will save the entire nation a bunch of headaches.

V

Viligant_Warrior

So much for the "revolt" ...

Boehner elected to 3rd term as House speaker, as GOP takes control of Congress

John Boehner beat back a conservative challenge to win a third term as House speaker on Tuesday, as he joined Sen. Mitch McConnell in presiding over the first Republican-controlled Congress in nearly a decade.
As conservative as I am, I've no problem with Boehner's approach. The time now is for action proving leadership, not combat fomenting logjams and destruction. There's a difference, and some of my fellow Tea Party-ers, particularly those in the House, don't seem to understand that.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Boehner's good qualities are three-fold:

1. He understands how policy is crafted and the general mechanics of the system.

2. He is pliable.

3. He wants to avoid the mistakes the class of '94 made.

That said, the more conservative element on the Hill has a point- he has become too cautious and not tactically creative. Some of them would like to reenact the Charge of the Light Brigade, and that would be a mistake. It would be equally (if not more) destructive for them to just stand behind a figurative barrier and hope they survive.

Most of his opposition seems smart enough to understand that. They're simply frustrated and I think the ultimate hope for many conservatives closer to the political process was that a Boehner would re-orient his focus with a little pressure placed on him. Act a bit more like Gingrich, but not too much like Gingrich.

Their attempt didn't have very much potency, but maybe it did some good to that end. Ultimately, I like Boehner, but would like to see the conservatives do a better job in taking advantage of his useful qualities rather than stage petition drives that ultimately serve no purpose.

I think the GOP if they were wise would focus their efforts moreso on preventing McConnell from being the Senate Majority Leader. GOP also needs to promote some of its other members instead of reshuffling old hats. Stopping McConnell from taking Majority Leader position is a perfect opportunity for the GOP to refresh itself, and it will save the entire nation a bunch of headaches.
This statement is chock full of sense. Boehner and McConnell are both from the establishment wing, but Boehner is less of a machine type. Defeat or stall McConnell, and you will get more street cred.