Eat God’s Way

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 31, 2011
1 Corinthians 10:31 “Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.”

Here are three books written about how to use biblical principles to guide the foods we eat: “God-given Foods Eating Plan” by F. Zeolla Gary and “The Maker's Diet” by Rubin, Jordan.
“Eight Weeks to Optimum Health” Revised Edition: by Andrew Weil M.D. is not written from a scriptural viewpoint, but it explains many of the same principles.

The following is some of what I have learned about it.

Eat Only FRESH vegetables and fruits, no canned, or processed in any way. Any time something is done to change a way God made a food, some of the benefits of that food is also destroyed. Some vegetables are improved with light cooking. There are lots of instructions about using fermentation to preserve foods, it is a way to preserve them and even improve the nutritional value with probiotics. It is the way food was preserved before the ways we have now were discovered. Sauerkraut is one example, but if it is canned with high heat the probiotics are killed and it is the probiotics of these foods that are so helpful to us.

Eat only whole grains, never processed. It is best that the grinding process by done with stones instead of with steel that produces high heat that destroys some of the nutrients in grains. The stone needs to be high quality; soft stones can leave solids behind.

Meat, poultry and fish needs to be naturally grown. It isn’t natural to pen chickens up in a tiny space and not let them eat any grasses or bugs. Fish that comes breaded isn’t natural. Neither is fish grown in man controlled ponds, fed food man decides on, not God. You can buy beef that isn’t fattened the last months of their life with special fattening food. When this is done it changes the food enough that our body is not fed correctly. The lard from these animals causes unhealthy amounts of cholesterol in us. The eggs from chickens raised man’s way and not God’s way raises our cholesterol.

Eat seeds, nuts and berries left in their natural state, not heated and salted.

Eat UN-processed cheese, yogurt, kefir, cottage cheese and butter. Many people buy those cute little tubs of yogurt all doctored and sugared that taste wonderful and are not really yogurt any more. If you go into a cheese shop in Europe or Asia, it is quite an experience, where cheese is usually not made with pasteurized and homogenized milk. When we pasteurize, homogenize, and change milk, it also changes how our body uses it.

Use pressed oils, not refined. Here is how oils are refined, including the cod liver oil we take for health.
1. Wash using water, salts, and acid.
2. Put through a separator.
3. Vacuum steam distillation comes next.
4. Cool and remove crystalized fats.
5. Heat to 130F and use clay to bleach and filter.
6. Pump pressurized hydrogen into tank filled with oil.

After all this refining and changing the oil, there is little nutrition left. Salad dressings you buy usually have unhealthy ingredients; it is simple to put together your own where you monitor what is included.

Man can even destroy the benefits of honey. When the honey is heated to help extract it from the cone, the natural hormones that are beneficial to us are destroyed. Men do lots of things to honey to "make it better". It is difficult to get just plain honey.

Lots of foods need to be carefully watched, like peanut butter. When it is natural, it separates, so men doctor it many ways to keep it from doing that, like selling the good peanut oil and putting in a cheaper oil that stays mixed, or homogenize it to keep it stable. Our body likes it unadjusted and plain.

Many of our meats are sold, now, without the bones or the skin. It not only ruins the flavor, but now we need to add gelatin to our diets.

God designed our body and our food, they work together. When men decided they could do better, the result is many health problems. Men have wonderfully discovered more ways to keep us alive longer, but they also discovered ways to ruin our food so we have health problems for doctors to deal with, like Crohn's Disease, allergies, strokes, high cholesterol, many problems that good nutrition helps prevent.

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
It's so hard to find uncontaminated animal products! There is a movement toward antibiotic-free, hormone-free, grass fed meat and poultry, and milk (and organic fruit and vegetables) but it sure is slow going. These grains that we're eating and also feeding to animals (that we eat or get animal products from) are very damaging.

Down the road from me is a huge field that is regularly planted with roundup-ready gmo corn. I've driven by as the farmer was spraying round-up (herbicide) on the corn seedlings. The seedlings continue to live, but nothing else does. It absorbs the round-up in it's tissues but because it has been genetically modified, it won't die. So we then get to ingest this chemical saturated plant or it's used as animal feed where we also ingest them. Worst still, the field is right next to a river so rain run- off takes the chemical into the river.

One local grocery store has started carrying organic meat, poultry, eggs, and vegetables so I've started buying those. The only way they can carry these items is if people buy them. Yes, they cost more but 'pay now or pay later' in terms of health problems and drugs.

Oct 31, 2011
It's so hard to find uncontaminated animal products! There is a movement toward antibiotic-free, hormone-free, grass fed meat and poultry, and milk (and organic fruit and vegetables) but it sure is slow going. These grains that we're eating and also feeding to animals (that we eat or get animal products from) are very damaging.

Down the road from me is a huge field that is regularly planted with roundup-ready gmo corn. I've driven by as the farmer was spraying round-up (herbicide) on the corn seedlings. The seedlings continue to live, but nothing else does. It absorbs the round-up in it's tissues but because it has been genetically modified, it won't die. So we then get to ingest this chemical saturated plant or it's used as animal feed where we also ingest them. Worst still, the field is right next to a river so rain run- off takes the chemical into the river.

One local grocery store has started carrying organic meat, poultry, eggs, and vegetables so I've started buying those. The only way they can carry these items is if people buy them. Yes, they cost more but 'pay now or pay later' in terms of health problems and drugs.
Round up doesn't affect humans or animals in the same way it does plants, but it affects the flora and fauna so necessary to our health we should have in our gut. The round up we have in our bodies kills them, too.

Our modern world has so many things affecting this necessary condition in our gut. When we take a series of antibiotics it kills all this flora and fauna so necessary to the digestion of our foods. They are alive, just as yeast is alive, so our methods of food preservation cleans our foods of any of it, for what kills yeast also kills these, and all you guys who can use yeast for cooking know to never let it get too hot until it does its job of making the bread rise. We pasteurize everything, even our yogurt, sauerkraut, and cheese.

I don't understand why our food industry insists it is more expensive to let our food alone. My friend gets a premium price for the cattle he raises because he sends them to market directly from the range without putting them in feed lots to fatten them before marketing them. The cattle doesn't weigh as much, but he is more than compensated.

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
I guess 'contaminated' food is cheaper because it's shelf life is longer. Whole unprocessed food has to have refrigeration and short transportation times to remain eatable ....and it's harder to grow when not using pesticides and herbicides.

Technology comes with a price and that usually is quality is sacrificed for quantity. Poor food makes for poor bodies :(.

Redtent...you mentioned unprocessed honey. Vitacost sells a unrefined, raw honey that is tasty. It's rather solid which I thought was interesting.

We have pasture land so I might suggest to my husband we need to raise grass-fed beef :). Maybe have some hens for organic eggs. We're not farmers so that would be a learning experience.

Oct 31, 2011
Thanks for the honey tip.

You have pasture land, how fun! My granddaughter has only an acre or two on a hilltop in Washington. It is their hobby. They have backyard chickens and ducks, and even raised their Thanksgiving turkey. They got two goats to take care of the wild blackberries. Now, they are raising their own vegetables with raised beds, they call it 4x4 gardening. Their latest is bees, but they say it is too hard to extract the honey without heat so they have no raw honey. Their bookcase is filled with how to books and a visit with them is like going to agriculture college. It is all completely new and exciting to them.