Ecclesiastes 3

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Many people are of the opinion that is it wrong to kill for any reason , under any circumstances..What about do defend your nation, to protect your family?? What about a police officer that has to kill in the line of duty?..Ecclesiastes says there is a time to kill... what are your thoughts on this?

J

jimmydiggs

Many people are of the opinion that is it wrong to kill for any reason , under any circumstances..What about do defend your nation, to protect your family?? What about a police officer that has to kill in the line of duty?..Ecclesiastes says there is a time to kill... what are your thoughts on this?
Where in Ecclesiastes? I just read it over the last few days and honestly I do not recall anything permitting killing...

C

CanadaNZ

I am a pacifist, which means I believe that violence is not the answer, that war never solves anything. Would I defend my family, of course, I doubt I would kill anyone in the process, but I would lay down my own life to try and save theirs.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
1To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

2A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
3A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
5A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
6A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
7A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; 8A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

J

jimmydiggs

1To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

2A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
3A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
5A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
6A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
7A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; 8A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.
Okay, thank you...

T

Tobby17

If i have to defend myself or my family.. And killing in the process (which must be unavoidable).. Then i'll do it..

I

Israel

We must understand what the bible is saying. There is indeed a time to kill, but it is to HE who kills and make alive again. Jesus knew He had to die. Judas and those played their part in bringing about the will of God.

We all must die, and someone or something will play the part of our "Judas" as well.