Effective faith

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
How about the gospel ? Wouldn’t the gospel cause us to focus on Jesus and who we are in him ? Like this I mean suppose we were to focus on this

This would speak to who we are in him

“And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭23:9‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“for the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.”
‭‭John‬ ‭16:27‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭6:9‬ ‭KJV‬‬

at he whole gospel is about hearing and believing what Jesus is teaching about God the father and believers his children o they are and how God sees us , what God wills and calls for from us , what God has done to save our souls , warning us of the dangers in the world , teaching us his righteousness in truth ect

of we focus on the gospel we’re focused on the right thing that’s where we learn from Jesus
The gospel is so vast that a lifetime is not long enough to preach it. That's why Jesus gave prophets and teachers to the Church. The New Testament letters are pretty much a commentary on what Jesus taught. However, one aspect was not covered in what Jesus taught. That is the Cross. Since He had not been crucified, it would have made little sense to the disciples.

One of the fundamentals is that the believer is dead in Christ. Few Christians really understand this. How do I know? Their words and attitudes reveal it. Another fundamental is that the Christian is a new creation, one that is raised from the dead. Most Christians would believe this because God's word says so. But there is little reality in their experience. Again, the truth of a person's understanding is revealed by what they say.

It took me way too long to come to know these truths myself. If I can help others to know sooner, I'll be delighted. My journey was not one I'd wish on anyone else. At the same time, God used those trials to bring me to that place. So I am not complaining.

Oct 29, 2022
“I am amazed at the amount of time and energy that so many on this forum devote to pointless and fruitless discussion”

are you aware it’s a Bible discussion forum ?
I would add to Gideon's comment that people are rude on this site, it may be a discussion forum but we should, all of us including myself, be much nicer and respectful of one other, differences are o.k. But rudeness is not. i may not stay here much longer fot this reason, are we not dupposed to love one anther? gideon300's comments were just and fair.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
I would add to Gideon's comment that people are rude on this site, it may be a discussion forum but we should, all of us including myself, be much nicer and respectful of one other, differences are o.k. But rudeness is not. i may not stay here much longer fot this reason, are we not dupposed to love one anther? gideon300's comments were just and fair.
yeah brother we should all be kind and humble towards each other I agree but some folks arent able to handle that yet. Does it mean we shouldn’t still act like we’re supposed to among those same folks as an example of we ourselves are able to do that right ? and maybe point to scripture saying what your saying there

what I mean is you have a chioce

you could like your considering leave here because some people argue and are rude.

or , you could exemplify what your saying this place needs more of and post about it in a friendly kind insightful way maybe discuss the behavior you are seeing in a forum discussion and set forth a few scriptures

one choice would possibly impact even a couple people here and let them consider thier own behavior

The other choice is for sure not going to help anyone here consider if they are doing something they need to repent of

does that make sense ?

I’m just saying this is good practice for this type of thing

“Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. ( if there’s never any contention how can there be any peacemaker )

““Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭5:11‬ ‭NIV‬‬

if we never face any contention it’s because we aren’t representing Jesus it’s a blessing but we don’t repay insult for insult we let it be and just speak truth

the reason we do that is this

“And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, in meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; and that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.”
‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭2:24-26‬ ‭

In general My point is I think you should stay and maybe create a post or two about it . This is the place to do that but insult and rudeness will always be around us in life to some extent that’s where we need to be speaking the truth at

But if we can’t handle insult from time to time or someone was rude To us . It might be us who needs to stiffen up and let the foolishness roll off our back pray for the ones we think are stirring things up

someone being rude or us thinking they were being rude , that’s not something to run away from or judge them by . It’s a reason for us to stay shown the value of peace and geneltness , persistence in it even and bring the word regarding those matters into the light regarding it so it can occur to some who are willing to hear

it like this

“For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭3:3‬ ‭

We could see a group like that and walk away thinking it’s not for us , they are carnal . or we could impact it and possibly change even one persons thinking then they will be led by the spirit of lord to repent and start noticing thier own responsibility to act more mature and kind towards others

speak the truth in love and God will do the rest

sometimes it’s we who perceive insult when it’s not there also just because someone disagrees ect I’ve seen that here often some are extra sensitive so as if there’s even a thought someone may have possibly not agreed , they feel insulted and wronged

However i hope you stay around God bless ask the lord about it before you decide he’s always right there to answer

your right though every single Christian should be kind to each other and everyone else , we just aren’t all mature enough to handle that yet so we persevere until we get home ourselves and hopefully remind someone along the way of the directions

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
The gospel is so vast that a lifetime is not long enough to preach it. That's why Jesus gave prophets and teachers to the Church. The New Testament letters are pretty much a commentary on what Jesus taught. However, one aspect was not covered in what Jesus taught. That is the Cross. Since He had not been crucified, it would have made little sense to the disciples.

One of the fundamentals is that the believer is dead in Christ. Few Christians really understand this. How do I know? Their words and attitudes reveal it. Another fundamental is that the Christian is a new creation, one that is raised from the dead. Most Christians would believe this because God's word says so. But there is little reality in their experience. Again, the truth of a person's understanding is revealed by what they say.

It took me way too long to come to know these truths myself. If I can help others to know sooner, I'll be delighted. My journey was not one I'd wish on anyone else. At the same time, God used those trials to bring me to that place. So I am not complaining.
“The gospel is so vast that a lifetime is not long enough to preach it.”

Not really Jesus preached the gospel in less than four years . It’s why we have the four accounts of the gospel we don’t need to re invent it just share what he said and did the accounts of the gospel in the Bible is what I’m saying

Often actually usually I’ve found that most don’t actually agree with the gospel and think they do . The place to start is here first to hear and accept it for our own self then share it with others when we do

“And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said,

Blessed be ye poor: for your's is the kingdom of God.

Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled.

Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh.

Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake. Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets.

But woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation. Woe unto you that are full! for ye shall hunger. Woe unto you that laugh now! for ye shall mourn and weep. Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.

But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.

And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other…

…And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise. But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful. Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven: give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall be given into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

…..And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but perceivest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Either how canst thou say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother's eye.

For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit; neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. For every tree is known by his own fruit.

…A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil:

for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like: he is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.

But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭6:20-31, 35-49‬ ‭KJV‬‬

does your life and understanding agree with this partial sermon of Jesus preaching the gospel of his kingdom ?

what I was saying is to hear Jesus teaching and speaking and seeing his example and what he’s done for us in dying and being raised up the four gospel accounts in the Bible I’m saying that’s how we come to know God we need to learn from and agree with Jesus

that’s a lifetime commitment to follow and learn and do as we become aware and able because of faith that comes from hearing

“So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭10:17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

That sermon from Jesus it’s there to change our minds from what they are before into what hes teaching us out God , ourselves , and the world we live in and the world ahead

Do you agree with Jesus teachings in the gospel ?

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
The gospel is so vast that a lifetime is not long enough to preach it. That's why Jesus gave prophets and teachers to the Church.
It's not that vast. It's very simple; simple enough a child can understand it.

Oct 29, 2022
yeah brother we should all be kind and humble towards each other I agree but some folks arent able to handle that yet. Does it mean we shouldn’t still act like we’re supposed to among those same folks as an example of we ourselves are able to do that right ? and maybe point to scripture saying what your saying there

what I mean is you have a chioce

you could like your considering leave here because some people argue and are rude.

or , you could exemplify what your saying this place needs more of and post about it in a friendly kind insightful way maybe discuss the behavior you are seeing in a forum discussion and set forth a few scriptures

one choice would possibly impact even a couple people here and let them consider thier own behavior

The other choice is for sure not going to help anyone here consider if they are doing something they need to repent of

does that make sense ?

I’m just saying this is good practice for this type of thing

“Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. ( if there’s never any contention how can there be any peacemaker )

““Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭5:11‬ ‭NIV‬‬

if we never face any contention it’s because we aren’t representing Jesus it’s a blessing but we don’t repay insult for insult we let it be and just speak truth

the reason we do that is this

“And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, in meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; and that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.”
‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭2:24-26‬ ‭

In general My point is I think you should stay and maybe create a post or two about it . This is the place to do that but insult and rudeness will always be around us in life to some extent that’s where we need to be speaking the truth at

But if we can’t handle insult from time to time or someone was rude To us . It might be us who needs to stiffen up and let the foolishness roll off our back pray for the ones we think are stirring things up

someone being rude or us thinking they were being rude , that’s not something to run away from or judge them by . It’s a reason for us to stay shown the value of peace and geneltness , persistence in it even and bring the word regarding those matters into the light regarding it so it can occur to some who are willing to hear

it like this

“For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭3:3‬ ‭

We could see a group like that and walk away thinking it’s not for us , they are carnal . or we could impact it and possibly change even one persons thinking then they will be led by the spirit of lord to repent and start noticing thier own responsibility to act more mature and kind towards others

speak the truth in love and God will do the rest

sometimes it’s we who perceive insult when it’s not there also just because someone disagrees ect I’ve seen that here often some are extra sensitive so as if there’s even a thought someone may have possibly not agreed , they feel insulted and wronged

However i hope you stay around God bless ask the lord about it before you decide he’s always right there to answer

your right though every single Christian should be kind to each other and everyone else , we just aren’t all mature enough to handle that yet so we persevere until we get home ourselves and hopefully remind someone along the way of the directions
I understand what you say, i will be patient then.

Be Blessed.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
I understand what you say, i will be patient then.

Be Blessed.
Amen brother be the change you are perceiving needs to be made it may help someone understand and repent the. You will have won over a brother and can continue to influence them and also be open to what they might know that could also benefit your faith

the devil is who tries to drive us away through strife and division and insult Jesus is there to keep us in a common faith giving each other some grace to work out our flaws

You are a blessing I’m so glad you decided to stick around for at least awhile your good spirit is evident in the lord God bless and keep and bring you peace on this matter

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
"so many on this forum devote to pointless and fruitless discussion. " "Obviously people are free to discuss whatever they like"

Not the same but what comes to mind is one man's trash is another man's treasure. No offense not sure you will understand but its not about you. As Christ said to one "If I will that he remain till I come, what is that to you? You follow Me.”

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
I would add to Gideon's comment that people are rude on this site,
I think it depends on what you your yourself consider rude to mean -----you might say Jesus was very rude to the Pharisees at times --Jesus pulled no punches with telling the so called people who thought they were all that ---He flatly told them they were not all that -----and reeled them in very quickly with a sharp words ====

Jesus Condemns the Pharisees and the Teachers of the Law of Moses
(Mark 12.38-40; Luke 11.37-52; 20.45-47)

23 Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples:

2 The Pharisees and the teachers of the Law are experts in the Law of Moses. 3 So obey everything they teach you, but don't do as they do. After all, they say one thing and do something else.

I say ----------we see He is calling the Pharisees Hypocrites here -----could this be considered RUDE ---No He is rightly judging ------

4 They pile heavy burdens on people's shoulders and won't lift a finger to help.

5 Everything they do is just to show off in front of others. They even make a big show of wearing Scripture verses on their foreheads and arms, and they wear big tassels[a] for everyone to see.

6 They love the best seats at banquets and the front seats in the synagogues.

7 And when they are in the market, they like to have people greet them as their teachers.

8 But none of you should be called a teacher. You have only one teacher, and all of you are like brothers and sisters.

9 Don't call anyone on earth your father. All of you have the same Father in heaven.

10 None of you should be called the leader. The Messiah is your only leader.

11 Whoever is the greatest should be the servant of the others.

12 If you put yourself above others, you will be put down

I say --------Jesus didn't come to bring lovey-dovey peace --He came to divide ------and to make people see they needed a Saviour ------he came to divide families etc ------and to call a spade a spade ==that is Agape ---

I think people have this concept that we are all to be lovey --dovey Christians and not to correct people who are spouting out false doctrine and false understanding of the Scriptures when we see it ====

We are definitely to call out a Brother or Sister in Christ who are going down the wrong path and wrongly dividing the Word of Christ ------that is Scriptural -----

We don't need False doctrine spreading to others to lead them down the path of destruction in their death ------and anyone who has not though about this should be ashamed of themselves if they call themselves a true Christian ------

People need to ask the Holy Spirit to direct them when they read the scriptures and adhear to the understanding of what they get from the Holy spirit not themselves -----every person is in a different phase in their Faith walk and the Holy Spirit will only give you what you are able to understand where you are in your faith walk with Christ --- this is not being Done by many ----in my view

-People are taking Scripture and making up their own Doctrine with it and trying to understand it all on their own power and are coming up with false answers -----

This is a major problem on this sight and many other So called Christian Chat sights -----

Paul made an example of Peter when he was doing wrong ----Paul called him out in public ------

Galatians 2:11-13 NLT
Paul Confronts Peter
11 But when Peter came to Antioch, I had to oppose him to his face, for what he did was very wrong.

12 When he first arrived, he ate with the Gentile believers, who were not circumcised. But afterward, when some friends of James came, Peter wouldn’t eat with the Gentiles anymore. He was afraid of criticism from these people who insisted on the necessity of circumcision. 13 As a result, other Jewish believers followed Peter’s hypocrisy, and even Barnabas was led astray by their hypocrisy.

I say
The Bible has much to say about taking offence to others -----we have to learn how to get thick skin ---and do as God has directed in scripture to get it ------that is our job to perfect that ----Jesus gave us the tools we need to apply them -----

The Love we need is Agape --and that has to be cultivated by us by and through the Holy spirit ---- --and if you have Agape you will not take offense ------because Agape keeps no track of wrongs done to us =====

Many say they flaunt Agape but their actions and their emotions say different ----

Proverbs 19:11

1669757556066.jpeg

When we take offence it shows we are not relying on God's Grace which gives us strength in our weakness ----we need to put this scripture into much Practice and believe it ------

This is a powerful piece of scripture to meditate on daily till it takes ROOT IN YOU ---let the roots grow deep so your are planted solid when hurt Comes your way ------Jesus gives us the TOOLS ---We have to do the work ----

1669759065245.jpeg

Worth repeating ------And Nothing shall by any means hurt you -------up to us to believe and keep the hurt at bay ------we already have the power ----we need to root it in us -----and keep it deeply rooted in our Good Ground ----see the ----Parable of the Sower -----

markss

Feb 10, 2020
Perhaps we should differentiate between arguing and discussing, because I personally feel that the rapture is indeed a good thing that is ours in Christ.
Well, he did say, pointless and fruitless, so, as we discuss these faith building things like the rapture and our resurrection, that's not included.

In fact, it's a great way to have a pure life!

1 John 3:2-3 KJV
2) Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
3) And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

Much love!

markss

Feb 10, 2020
"so many on this forum devote to pointless and fruitless discussion. " "Obviously people are free to discuss whatever they like"

Not the same but what comes to mind is one man's trash is another man's treasure. No offense not sure you will understand but its not about you. As Christ said to one "If I will that he remain till I come, what is that to you? You follow Me.”
That was what sprang to my mind, "pointless and fruitless" in whose opinion?

1 Timothy 4:15 KJV
Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.

When you read the verses before this, there are any number of things that Timothy is to meditate on, and give himself too, so that everyone could see how much good it does for him.

Much love!

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
Thread Topic -----
Effective faith

I say------- Effective Faith has to be put into action by us practicing what the scriptures say to do to have victory in our lives ----Faith always requires a POSITIVE Response -------

God put His Faith into action by Speaking His Faith out into a void space and His Faith Words Created what He Spoke -----Faith requires action -----we are made in God's image ------

Jesus said SPEAK to Your Mountain and it shall be removed -----

We have Jesus to look to and ASK for strength and encouragement when people don't agree with what we say ---Jesus never took offence to anyone who attacked Him ------and Jesus was attacked and hated by many --and never took offence ------that is true Agape ----loving the unlovely ----allowing hurtful words to roll off ones back and gain understanding as to why they are spouting out hurtful words -------there is an enemy loose in this world who attacks the MIND -----

Jesus makes it very clear in scripture that ----His followers will be hated and persecuted and attacked ----so all on here who are true Christians should expect to have people attack them and we need to practice not to take offense ------Just because we say we are Christians does not mean we are true Christians ------

This word Christian is misused and abused in my opinion -----

Jesus clearly says ----not everyone who says Lord --Lord ---will enter heaven

I say ---May we all strive to get stronger in our Quest to have victory over hurtful words by relying on the Strength Of God's Grace who says -----

1669823529529.jpeg

I say -----------All Glory is God's for every victory we succeed in --------

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
It's not that vast. It's very simple; simple enough a child can understand it.
Wrong. Children understand very little. They take things on trust - in other words, faith. God chose to explain the gospel over thousands of years and in 66 books.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
“The gospel is so vast that a lifetime is not long enough to preach it.”

Not really Jesus preached the gospel in less than four years . It’s why we have the four accounts of the gospel we don’t need to re invent it just share what he said and did the accounts of the gospel in the Bible is what I’m saying

Often actually usually I’ve found that most don’t actually agree with the gospel and think they do . The place to start is here first to hear and accept it for our own self then share it with others when we do

“And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said,

Blessed be ye poor: for your's is the kingdom of God.

Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled.

Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh.

Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake. Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets.

But woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation. Woe unto you that are full! for ye shall hunger. Woe unto you that laugh now! for ye shall mourn and weep. Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.

But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.

And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other…

…And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise. But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful. Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven: give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall be given into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

…..And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but perceivest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Either how canst thou say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother's eye.

For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit; neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. For every tree is known by his own fruit.

…A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil:

for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like: he is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.

But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭6:20-31, 35-49‬ ‭KJV‬‬

does your life and understanding agree with this partial sermon of Jesus preaching the gospel of his kingdom ?

what I was saying is to hear Jesus teaching and speaking and seeing his example and what he’s done for us in dying and being raised up the four gospel accounts in the Bible I’m saying that’s how we come to know God we need to learn from and agree with Jesus

that’s a lifetime commitment to follow and learn and do as we become aware and able because of faith that comes from hearing

“So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭10:17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

That sermon from Jesus it’s there to change our minds from what they are before into what hes teaching us out God , ourselves , and the world we live in and the world ahead

Do you agree with Jesus teachings in the gospel ?
I agree with Jesus' teachings. I also agree with Paul, James, Peter, John, and whoever wrote Hebrews. It helps to know that the gospels were not written down until after the epistles were written. Everything Jesus said was obviously truth. But it was incomplete. That is obvious from the rest of the New Testament.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
I agree with Jesus' teachings. I also agree with Paul, James, Peter, John, and whoever wrote Hebrews. It helps to know that the gospels were not written down until after the epistles were written. Everything Jesus said was obviously truth. But it was incomplete. That is obvious from the rest of the New Testament.
“I agree with Jesus' teachings. I also agree with Paul, James, Peter, John, and whoever wrote Hebrews.”

yes and so do I

“It helps to know that the gospels were not written down until after the epistles were written. Everything Jesus said was obviously truth.”

Yeah it was first preached by word of mouth by his chosen witnesses like Peter and Paul and the rest of the early church because that’s the Christian doctrine the fact of when they were written down doesn’t make any difference

the epistles are all written from the information in gospel the epistles are written witness of it’s truth.

what jesus said isnt incomplete , itnis that they would continue on with what he had taught them because they weren’t able to grasp it until pentocost

my point is t that we shouldn’t believe e epistles all of them James Peter Paul Hebrews johns epistles and revelation ect

It is that the epistles don’t change what Jesus said they are witnessing it is all true and teach the same things he did but if we skip the gospel and what Jesus taught we aren’t going to understand anything the epistles are what’s incomplete if you don’t first accept the gospel is my point

The apostles never changes anything they just preached the gospel by the spirit

thier role was here not to replace anything but to further it’s understanding

I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. ( that’s what the epistles are doing and this also )

He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.”
‭‭John‬ ‭16:12-15‬ ‭

the epistles are revelation of the gospel so we can better understand the parables and mysterious language jesus often uses

My point is it all comes back to what God taught people to believe and do when he was doing endometriosis t he was saying “ this will save your souls and give you everlasting life believe me nd go tell everyone “

Are you saying the apostles changed or removed what Jesus taught ? Or saying they believed it all and then went and preached it like he told them and then wrote letters addressing specific things people were struggling to understand ?

It doesn’t change anything as to when each gospel account was written which , the earliest was about 47 ad ( as far as anyone can prove ) and some of the epistles were written near the end of the apostles lives

another eoiatels we’re w to ten because the churches were asking about issues like Corinthians letters those don’t replace the gospel but Paul had heard of bad things going on after he left and they also asked him about some things they didn’t understand so he wrote in response the epistles are definately true , they aren’t the foundation though they arent accounts of the gospel like the four accounts of the gospel gays what is irrevocable and we can’t do without

So for Instance Corinthians we’re arguing and divided in faith Paul hears about it and had sent a letter

“Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭1:10-11‬ ‭KJV‬‬

someone told Paul what was going on so he’s addressing the issues among them

“Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; ( Peter) and I of Christ. Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius; lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭1:12-15‬ ‭KJV‬‬

they were arguing about whether Paul or Peter was the right one to follow or Apollos

pauls point is what’s wrong with you ? It’s Christ whom is the right one to follow

Later he’s still addressing it

“And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ. I have fed you with milk, and not with meat:

for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able. For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal? Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man? I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭3:1-6‬ ‭KJV‬‬

airs miscalculation for us to try to replace what Jesus said with the letters sent to the churches addressing issues among them but if we accept the gospel forst like all those people had already done , the epistles become a revelation of what he taught not an opposition or another path

at he apostles are wonderful bi love Paul’s writings he really goes deep on things like what baptism on Jesus name really means to us , what repentance really is To us , how we are taught to live before the lord ; how we have the spirit of God dwelling in us now and can overcome service to sin , Paul’s one of the most wonderful writers I’ve ever read in my life

abut he’s not Jesus and his words are not. The replacement for Jesus words he’s a servant and witness swearing to the truth of Jesus and the gospel and helping people better understand it all just like Peter , John especially is edifying and the rest

i wasn’t asking if you prefer only the four gospels without the epistles or the epistles without the gospel and was never saying I don’t believe the epistles

was just asking where you stood on the teachings of Jesus Christ

jb

Feb 27, 2010
I am amazed at the amount of time and energy that so many on this forum devote to pointless and fruitless discussion. I confess to getting caught up in some discussions, mostly because I am concerned that some might be misled or overly troubled by some of the posts. The Lord reminded me of this passage this morning:
Philemon 1:6
"I pray that the sharing of your faith may become effective and powerful because of your accurate knowledge of every good thing which is ours in Christ." Amplified

"Sharing" in this sense has to do with fellowship. So if Christians want to be a blessing to others, they need to know "every good thing" that is ours in Christ. Arguments about evolution, flat earth, the Antichrist, rapture, tribulation, dispensations are hardly "good things that are ours in Christ".

Obviously people are free to discuss whatever they like within forum rules. I just hope that some will take God's word to heart and focus on who we are in Christ and who Christ is in us.
The Lord Jesus when He came (to earth) was FULL of Grace and Truth, and when we are in difficulties, He first comes to us with His wonderful Grace to strengthen us and encourage us, but afterwards He then comes to us with Truth, but NOT to "hit us with a big stick" (so to speak), but to build us up, encourage us and increase our faith. John 1v14, Rom 1v17.

Examples of this can be found in Rev chapters 2 & 3, and when His apostles forsook Him in Gethsemane. John chapters 20 & 21, Mark chapters 14-16.

So, both are necessary, but we should follow Our Lord's example in delivering them!

P

persistent

It's very simple; simple enough a child can understand it.
Provided>>
1 Corinthians 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
I am amazed at the amount of time and energy that so many on this forum devote to pointless and fruitless discussion. I confess to getting caught up in some discussions, mostly because I am concerned that some might be misled or overly troubled by some of the posts. The Lord reminded me of this passage this morning:
Philemon 1:6
"I pray that the sharing of your faith may become effective and powerful because of your accurate knowledge of every good thing which is ours in Christ." Amplified

"Sharing" in this sense has to do with fellowship. So if Christians want to be a blessing to others, they need to know "every good thing" that is ours in Christ. Arguments about evolution, flat earth, the Antichrist, rapture, tribulation, dispensations are hardly "good things that are ours in Christ".

Obviously people are free to discuss whatever they like within forum rules. I just hope that some will take God's word to heart and focus on who we are in Christ and who Christ is in us.
Hi Gideon :)

... some of the things you listed are good.