Egypt and the Palestinians

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Drett

Feb 16, 2013
Interesting take. I wonder why the Palestinians needed the tunnels in the first place ?

[h=2]Suffocating Gaza - the Israeli blockade's effects on Palestinians
[/h]http://www.amnesty.org/en/news-and-updates/suffocating-gaza-israeli-blockades-effects-palestinians-2010-06-01

Drett

Feb 16, 2013
Sad news: Gaza Strip zoo's newborn lion cubs have died - TODAY.com

I wonder how much of that news was meant to mislead people in light of the recent Egyptian blockade of Gaza. The only ones mentioned were Israel - not Egypt. In spite of the recent Egyptian blockade. So their reports seem pretty well slanted.
I would tend to go with a report from Amnesty International than an editorial from Israel National News. For me Israel National News reporting would be slanted for Israel.

TheAristocat

Oct 4, 2011
I would tend to go with a report from Amnesty International than an editorial from Israel National News. For me Israel National News reporting would be slanted for Israel.
Actually, I live in China. And it blocks the link you gave me, so I haven't been able to read it - nor did I know it somehow contradicted the Israeli account of Egypt blockading Gaza. Although Gazans themselves know that Egypt is doing this and that's what Israel reported on. So getting it through a third party seems kind of pointless. But did Amnesty International report on the death of the lion cubs? Or were we supposed to accept as fact that it was all because of the evil Israelis just because no comment was ever made about Egypt? Anyway, if you have another link that is allowed past China's Great Firewall then send it my way.

TheAristocat

Oct 4, 2011
I think if they had said, "These poor cubs died as a result of Israel's and Egypt's blockade because of reasons x, y, and z," then the report would have been a lot more believable. But basically all the report said was, "A couple of cubs died. It's all Israel's fault." They didn't go into explanation on the nature of the blockade, why the Gazans couldn't have gotten aid from Egypt, why they didn't have enough food stocked for the cubs, why they believed they could support two extra cubs under the Israeli blockade - especially if nothing had changed... All they said was, "Israel dunit."

Last edited:

Agricola

Dec 10, 2012

Drett

Feb 16, 2013
Seriously, using a 3 year old article ?

Gaza has a border with Egypt, which is totally out of the jurisdiction of Israel, so if Gaza has a border with another nation free of Israeli control, then how is Israel to blame?
Has anything changed in the last 3 years ?

Totally out of their jurisdiction ? Why are their tunnels to Egypt. Israel built a barrier and 200 to 300 meter buffer zone along the Philadelphia route. It is patrolled by Israeli soldier. Where is the Philadelphia route ? The border between Gaza and Egypt. Can some tunnels support the population of Gaza ? The core problem is Israel.

Last edited:

TheAristocat

Oct 4, 2011
The Philadelphi Route

Following the disengagement from Gaza, Israel signed with the Palestinian Authority the "Agreement on Movement and Access" (AMA) on 15 November 2005. The Agreement allowed the opening of the Gaza-Egypt border for restricted passage of Palestinian residents, and the export of agricultural products from Gaza.
When Hamas took over the Gaza Strip in 2007, Egypt and Israel closed the borders with Gaza.
In January 2008, Palestinian militants breached several parts of the wall bordering the town of Rafah. Thousands of Gazans flowed into Egypt in search of food and supplies.[SUP][10][/SUP] As of August 2012[SUP][update][/SUP] the Egyptian Army continued to destroy tunnels linking Egypt and Gaza and their security source said its demolition will continue "in order to fight any element of terrorism."[SUP][11][/SUP]
Poor Hamas. Why won't those evil Israelis just leave them alone?

Mar 1, 2012
Facts...they usually shoot down hatreds and bigotries....

except to those who are blind.

Drett

Feb 16, 2013

TheAristocat

Oct 4, 2011
Why do you continue to use Israel National News as your source ? Last time I used Palestinian news outlets people howled me down. I have already shown that the blame mainly lies with Israel according to Amnesty International. Use a more neutral source and I will give it some credit.
You don't have to give it credit. It's not necessarily geared towards you. If people want to read the article and attempt to verify or discredit what it says using logical arguments then they're welcome to it. As for those who just blow it off, that's up to them.

Both countries allowed goods and people to flow through Gaza until Hamas took over. Afterwhich goods were still entering Gaza through smugglers' routes until Egypt began to crack down on those smugglers' tunnels and destroy them all. Afterwhich Gaza found itself in its present circumstances. In spite of common efforts from both Egypt and Israel to blockade the Gazans due to Hamas, Israel is taking all of the flack and no one is laying any blame on Egypt. Antisemitism much?

Last edited:

Drett

Feb 16, 2013
You don't have to give it credit. It's not necessarily geared towards you. If people want to read the article and attempt to verify or discredit what it says using logical arguments then they're welcome to it. As for those who just blow it off, that's up to them.

Both countries allowed goods and people to flow through Gaza until Hamas took over. Afterwhich goods were still entering Gaza through smugglers' routes until Egypt began to crack down on those smugglers' tunnels and destroy them all. Afterwhich Gaza found itself in its present circumstances. In spite of common efforts from both Egypt and Israel to blockade the Palestinians due to Hamas, Israel is taking all of the flack and no one is laying any blame on Egypt. Antisemitism much?
Let me have a look at the Egyptian side. If they are doing as Israel National News states, then some blame lies with them. Israel still need to take the plank out of their own eye first pushing pointing at others.