eleksyon 2013

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

gideon007

Jun 30, 2012
so guys, what's your thought on pastors or church leaders running for a government position?

is it a good idea or not?

jangel

May 12, 2010
Kung saan sila masaya gideon bahala sila matatanda na sila! lol!

Seriously, I don't think it's a good idea, though I'm not against on it. Magulo ang buhay politics. Pagkaabalahan nalang nila mga members nila kesa makisali sa mundo ng politics. Kung gusto talaga nila maging public servant hindi naman nila kelangan magkaroon ng posisyon sa government.

gideon007

Jun 30, 2012
sa akin lng kasi ate jangel di ba sa

Mat 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

just like ngayon kang Villanueva ng JIL, he ran for presidency last election and failed tapos ngayon for senatorial slate na naman...and what if this time manalo siya.... he'll be serving 2 masters : God and People.., :confused:

magulo talaga, uu nga na isip sana nila yun di kailangan ng posisyon sa gobyerno para makatulong...

P.S. si villanueva talaga ang focus ko kasi his aiming on one of the highest position in the government...which in cases kung manalo siya ano mangyayari sa members niya...

U

Ugly

Nothing wrong with it at all. I see nothing in the bible that says anything against it, and i don't feel that the scripture you used applies. That seems to be more based on idols. As a politician you run for an office by setting out your goals, beliefs and standards. If the people don't like what you have to say, they don't vote for you. This position does not make people your 'master'. If they have the time and desire then they should go for it.

gideon007

Jun 30, 2012
I respect your view Ugly, but isn’t it odd that you are already serving God and yet you still choose to serve another. Maybe the scripture I used doesn’t apply to what I am intended for but if you want to engage yourself in politics, directly say you are a public SERVANT, if then you are a SERVANT then you have a MASTER, right?

I agree, and that’s my point, you are setting out your goal, beliefs and standards but how can you manage your time for God and Godly works especially if you are a Church Leader and when you know that being a politician (senator) requires time; you have to do legislation and everything concerning for the well fare of your constituents or else you'll be criticized?

And as said on my earlier post I focused on Eddie Villanueva – founder of Jesus is Lord Church, and running for senator (and if he’ll win) the question now is, can he resolve the problem of our country when in fact there are conflicts inside his congregation?

Why not just focus on serving God, and tend the flocks? A church leader engaging himself in politics is definitely not a good idea (for me).

S

Shattered65

Ugly is completely wrong it is imperative that we maintain a separation between government and the church just as it is imperative we maintain separation between the laws of man and the laws of god. It is the blurring of the line between the church and the government and the law that leads to situations like Islamic countries have with hatred and intolerance being legalised in the name of the church.

J

jimmydiggs

Those Israelites must have had it all wrong.

J

jimmydiggs

It is the blurring of the line between the church and the government and the law that leads to situations like Islamic countries have with hatred and intolerance being legalised in the name of the church.
Those israelites were so hateful and intolerance, and legislated it in the name of God. THat is so terribad!

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
There are 2 basic points of view, and both make some degree of sense:

1. Christians should run for political office, because a country's people will do better when led by men of integrity.

2. A Christian should NOT run for political office, because the gospel is more important than politics,
and if you are involved in politics, you alienate half of the people in your country, and none of those
people on the opposing political side will ever listen to you if you tell them the gospel.

I think both of these ideas make some sense.

- I think we do have "liberty" in christ, as explained by the apostle Paul, to pursue different types of callings... so God could call a Christian to work in government.
- I think, however, that if the Christian is already a pastor, then he actually has a much higher calling than a political office. If he is gifted, and called, to spread the gospel... this is much more important than being in politics.

tribesman

Oct 13, 2011
These trucks with speakers on them, speakers with the sound quality like a clock radio, are annoying.

Last edited:

JCluvsme

Jan 9, 2013
Pray for our coming election....prayer is powerful...!

JCluvsme

Jan 9, 2013
and yes..purdy much annoying campaign jingles...specially when they stop over in front of your house..duhhhh

JCluvsme

Jan 9, 2013
OKAY let's pray for our coming election...