Emotional Christianity

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Stallone

So many Christians want that high-active, loud, hands raised high, pastor all emotional type of church. They may feel the opposite or lack thereof means the place is void or dead in spirit. I do agree to a point that a passionate church is always better than an emotionally dead church. I have seen a multitude of churches of all types in my life. It's good to have emotion but not be emotional. A young adults group I attended years ago, was way too emotionally sound, people crying in desperation week in and week out. You know you're there when someone's given the microphone to speak about whatever they want and they decided to burst into tears and cry about their past. What happened to the young youth group days where everyone seemingly had only general everyday problems? It honestly tore my life down.. I asked myself was this how my walk with God was supposed to be? Crisis-to-Crisis? That's the way they made it seem. Honestly, during those years I bought in. The result was I gave up far too many of my vulnerabilities. They'd end up being used against me 1-2 years later when everyone turned on another and the group imploded altogether. You can write it off as the place not being spiritually blessed, but that's just an easy way of simplifying it. It was your typical American Christian Young Adults group. I decided to keep my emotions and problems to myself; I'll only deal with those closest to me. Taking it to church was not the answer. Ultimately, I concluded whatever my vulnerabilities or problems had been: where made a bigger deal of than they actually were.

Me: I had an okay day today.. (really just tired)
Them: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOhhh... God will get you through it.
Me: Not THAT big of a deal.. really..
Them: Don't say that..