EMOTIONS WHAT THEY DO

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

homwardbound

Senior Member
Oct 24, 2012
19,630
1,275
113
EMOTIONS:​
Emotionshave the word in it motions. Emotions have a Rhyme to it, with lotions. Isthere a catch to it? What do emotions do? We have sad, mad, glad. Do ouremotions control us? How we act and react?

I think allof us can concur on this that emotions play a large role in every one’s life tosome degree or another. Are emotions and feelings one and the same? I know I donot like it whenever I get emotional as in angry, or hurt. For it is whenever Iget angry, as I think everyone who is angry has the potential to hurt someone,whether they do or not, and I am sure many a time one regrets it when angergoes too far. Kind of like the seriesThe HULK. Have you ever seen it? He gets angry and his whole body blows up likea balloon. Incredibly strong, He has the potential as seen on TV to destroy anddoes do this but not to people, just things fortunately.



My pointhere is I know everyone has the potential to get mad over things gone awry fromthe way you, or I thought they should be. And this can happen in an instant. Iknow I have gotten angry in an instant, how about you? I myself did notunderstand this reaction happening so fast at first. I think mine came from notwanting to be controlled at an early age, fighting this always, never wantingto obey. I developed a rebellious attitude, yet I also learned to behave if Icould get my way. I learned over time how to use my emotions to control othersand how they acted to me. What about you all out there?
Emotionsseem to be used all the time out in the world there today. Just look around,and notice how emotions are used by all of us whether good or bad and this isnot the issue. Emotions itself are the issue, they are worldly, of the fleshused for manipulation(s) to get our way(s).
When youwant something from someone else, what do you do to get it? Do you put on ashow, thinking that when I do this then I will be rewarded with this or that?Does this go in in marriages? Yes all the time, we do to get and when we do notget we get mad, and throw fits. Do we use things we have done to get our way orwin a fight? I know I have during high emotion times we all do. Do we? Only youcan answer this to yourself and seek change if need be from God in your heartplease, in order to get to the bottom of the anger problem and find the rootcause and thus have God in you cast it out into the abyss. I think that whenyou, as I found, the root is the flesh and blood we were originally born with,and developed an anger attitude towards all things that we were treated badlywith, along with never wanting to be controlled by another.
Every time Iam told what to do, or even want to do what I am told to do, I find an angerissue that wants to fight against this. It matters not if it is right or wrong,my flesh and blood fight tooth and nail to have its way.
Now thoughsince I agree to obey the law, I find I can’t for some reason, there seems tobe an evil present with me that just wants its own selfish way. Is this myflesh that I was born with? I find that I can obey about half of the tencommandments, but just not all, and this is so frustrating, that so now today Igave up on trying and found I am doing, and that this is not me but God thatlives in me, he has renewed my mind to view all things through him first beforeacting or reacting, and thus God’s love wins through every time. Now as Icontinue to grow in the grace of God, I have not been perfect in and of myselfand never will be, but through God we all are perfect from God’s vantage point,the ones that believe that is. This is not easy to get one’s mind wrappedaround this; I think we get warped at first. It’s warped speed we enter intotrying to get our minds wrapped around this truth. For we want to understandeverything before believing. Believing is not natural for the flesh and blood;as a matter of fact I think flesh and blood is not capable of belief, forbelief like air is not tangible. So we are left with nothing else except tobelieve in air for it does sustain our lives here and now. Well as this is truewith this world, thus God is also true and have you ever thought of God as theair? For when your breathe is gone, taken so are you taken out of this world.
Anyway backto emotion, we seem to want to keep it, in all its glory right? I think not,for it is the cause of all things gone awry, killing, hurting, maiming, war, andselfishness, evil that men do and find ways to justify these wrongs forever andforever. Then we add lotion on top of our emotion, covering it up, hiding from,eluding from being caught and acting as if we are just so good, hiding in ourchurches, acting out, when in reality hopefully we will face the truth aboutour original born self’s and die to this and come alive to God in the Spirit oftruth, renouncing the Spirit of error that our flesh and all flesh is truly nogood. As a matter of fact all Sin has been condemned to the flesh, and no fleshwill ever please God in God’s sight. And God can only be worshipped in Spiritand truth. And now you all got truth, die to your emotions and then you willsee reality and know God as God knows you.
GloryHallelujah!!!! In the heavens, where the true tabernacle is at. And we arecitizens there, yet put back here on earth to represent the joy, the peace, therighteousness in the Holy Spirit of truth. Notice there is no emotion in thejoy, the peace and the righteousness. In love there is also no emotion as well,read it 1Cor 13
Love you allvery much Homwardbound
 
if a minute piece of heart tissue is sent to the lab for analysis without specifying that it is heart tissue it will consistently be identified as brain matter
 
WOW!! What comes first, the chicken or the egg? Our thoughts control our emotions and emotions cause hormone secretions in the body that control the emotions, that cause thoughts that control the hormones that---------------.

It says to me that the word has power, and we better use the word in our thoughts.
 
Yep, we can't change our emotions ever and this i waht the world focuses on keeping one in despair to the point of total depression and in need

But we can change our thoughts and is why I think God said to renew our minds after we beleive, Thoughts chaged ar ein control for feeling to change no other way that I can see thanks for the comment and seeing deeply here
 
jerusalem;bt2495 said:
if a minute piece of heart tissue is sent to the lab for analysis without specifying that it is heart tissue it will consistently be identified as brain matter

Interesting and this shows me why Paul said so then with my mind I serve God but with the flesh the Law of sin and death, Thanks the two are connected or better yet back connected after belief, to not having a carnal mind any longer. And some are just learning this and growing into maturity here as others are mature as Paul who was Saul became
 
satan uses emotions to decieve how many have been taken by a con, crying on the shoulder, lying all the way, the other reacts in sympathy. Works both on men, and women. Taken as fools with words,,,,