encouragement vs criticism

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

BrotherMike

Be Still and Know
Jan 8, 2018
sorry but poster who was txting someone at 3am...not a good idea. please if you are going to txt someone make it a reasonable hour and do not call someone at 9pm just to say goodnight. I honestly dont know why people think that would be endearing to wake someone up while they are getting ready to go to bed.

emergency calls? fine. random texts, not cool
Well she told me to text her after I ate dinner and time flew! 😂. I will say that I was a gentleman and told her she should get some sleep 3 times during the night but she said no I want to chat with you. 🤷‍♂️ I’ll take this as constructive criticism though and be considerate when I text 👍

Princesse

Feb 16, 2020
When I found my way back to the Lord I met an older woman at church and befriended her. She was really kind. But she had a critical spirit. The target was primarily her husband. The behavior often develops from a spirit of rejection which opens the door to criticism, bitterness, and a root of bitterness if it continues. She had the latter and God delivered her from it.

As with all spiritual challenges, prayer and fasting are important. But there’s the human element which plays a part on our response to hardships. The successful result for one may not yield the same for the next.

You have to understand the triggers and habits which keep you in the cycle and exacerbate its presence. It can be a word, behavior, or recollection which sets you off. Pinpointing it takes time. Casting it down and refuting the lie with the truth is a must.

Writing it down helps. Find scriptures that support the godly response in its place. And it’s important to understand your payoff. What benefit does the behavior serve? Is it protecting you or punishing someone else through others?

When you confront the hole in your sidewalk you can choose a different response. I found this poem years ago and it’s a good reminder to hold onto.

Chapter I

I walk down the street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I fall in.
I am lost… I am helpless.
It isn’t my fault.
It takes forever to find a way out.

Chapter II

I walk down the same street.
I pretend I don’t see it.
I fall in again.
I can’t believe I am in the same place.
But it isn’t my fault.
It still takes a long time to get out.

Chapter III

I see it is there.
I still fall in… it’s a habit.
My eyes are open.
I know where I am.
It is my fault… I get out immediately.

Chapter IV

I walk around it.

Chapter V

I walk down another street.

Sep 13, 2018
When I found my way back to the Lord I met an older woman at church and befriended her. She was really kind. But she had a critical spirit. The target was primarily her husband. The behavior often develops from a spirit of rejection which opens the door to criticism, bitterness, and a root of bitterness if it continues. She had the latter and God delivered her from it.

As with all spiritual challenges, prayer and fasting are important. But there’s the human element which plays a part on our response to hardships. The successful result for one may not yield the same for the next.

You have to understand the triggers and habits which keep you in the cycle and exacerbate its presence. It can be a word, behavior, or recollection which sets you off. Pinpointing it takes time. Casting it down and refuting the lie with the truth is a must.

Writing it down helps. Find scriptures that support the godly response in its place. And it’s important to understand your payoff. What benefit does the behavior serve? Is it protecting you or punishing someone else through others?

When you confront the hole in your sidewalk you can choose a different response. I found this poem years ago and it’s a good reminder to hold onto.

Chapter I

I walk down the street.
I fall in.
I am lost… I am helpless.
It isn’t my fault.
It takes forever to find a way out.

Chapter II

I pretend I don’t see it.
I fall in again.
I can’t believe I am in the same place.
But it isn’t my fault.
It still takes a long time to get out.

Chapter III

I see it is there.
I still fall in… it’s a habit.
My eyes are open.
I know where I am.
It is my fault… I get out immediately.

Chapter IV

I walk around it.

Chapter V

I walk down another street.

So, this poem was saying that we are creators of habit...

Princesse

Feb 16, 2020
So, this poem was saying that we are creators of habit...
It was addressing the role choices play in our habits. When we realize something isn’t beneficial we must choose a different road. Instead of repeating our mistakes or increasing our pain. She’s pointing out the pattern so we’ll spot the same in our lives.