End Times Timeline

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 23, 2013
What is this spiritual Israel thing?
Anybody that God has chosen. Isaac was the first to be called a child of the promise but as Isaac was, so are we.

Gal 4:28 (KJV) Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.

P

pottersclay

Anybody that God has chosen. Isaac was the first to be called a child of the promise but as Isaac was, so are we.

Gal 4:28 (KJV) Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.
We are to live as a living sacrifice to the Lord. Wholy devoted to him. Where does spiritual Israel come into this?
I'm a little stupid on some things. And very stupid on others.

Nov 23, 2013
We are to live as a living sacrifice to the Lord. Wholy devoted to him. Where does spiritual Israel come into this?
I'm a little stupid on some things. And very stupid on others.
The children of the promise are Gods chosen people. The promise was the promise that God made to Abraham’s seed Christ.

That’s why I keep saying that the flesh descendants are not Gods chosen people.

There are two Israel’s, one is the flesh descendants and the others are the spiritual descendants.

They are not all Israel(spiritual Israel) that are of Israel (flesh Israel).

Rom 9:6 (KJV) Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

P

pottersclay

The children of the promise are Gods chosen people. The promise was the promise that God made to Abraham’s seed Christ.

That’s why I keep saying that the flesh descendants are not Gods chosen people.

There are two Israel’s, one is the flesh descendants and the others are the spiritual descendants.

They are not all Israel(spiritual Israel) that are of Israel (flesh Israel).

Rom 9:6 (KJV) Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
So how do you arrive to spiritual Israel?

Jan 17, 2020
I am going to tell you as a concerned brother and friend. Walk away from this false teaching. It's a lie and it will hinder your walk just entertaining the idea.
Pray and let the Holy Spirit guide you to the truth. Stop the you tube search.
Learn about circumcision and the role it played before jumping to conclusions.
“For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.” Acts 3:22–23 (KJV 1900)

Nov 23, 2013
Take some time to study Romans chapters 9 through 12.

WITHOUT ANY PRECONCEIVED IDEAS.
Nehemiah6 you know me pretty well, I've be through the entire book of Romans multiple times.... Romans is what helped me see that the flesh descendants were never the children of the promise.

The flesh descendants had their purpose, the law was given through them, Christ came through them, the promises were spelled out through them and the word of God was given to their care. That's all they got and that's spelled out in Romans 9: 4-5.

(Rom 9:4) Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;
(Rom 9:5) Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.

They could have received the promise land IF and ONLY IF, they obeyed EVERY single commandment. This is not even really an IF because NOBODY can do that.

For they are NOT all Israel that came out of Israel. The first Israel in that statement is the true Israel of God, the second Israel in the statement is the flesh descendants. The flesh descendants were never chosen, it's always bee the spiritual descendants. And this is backed up from cover to cover throughout the bible.

Nov 23, 2013
@Nehemiah6

Could you explain what Paul means by "they which are the children of the flesh, these ARE NOT the children of God"? Who do you say the children of the flesh are?

(Rom 9:7) Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
(Rom 9:8) That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

P

pottersclay

@Nehemiah6

Could you explain what Paul means by "they which are the children of the flesh, these ARE NOT the children of God"? Who do you say the children of the flesh are?

(Rom 9:7) Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
(Rom 9:8) That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.
Is this the only verse you have for your position??

Nov 23, 2013
Is this the only verse you have for your position??
No it isn',t but it is probably the most straightforward and easiest to see. Here are a few more.

(Rom 9:6) Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

(Rom 11:1) I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.

(Rom 11:26) And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

(Rom 11:28) As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.

Gal 4:28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.

CS1

May 23, 2012
Mat 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
Mat 24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
Mat 24:6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
Mat 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

When do the verses above take place, during the tribulation or at the 2nd coming of Christ or some other time?
I would like to say that Matthew 24 is speaking of the three questions asked of the Lord by the disciples in verse 3

1.“Tell us, when will these things be,
2. and what will be the sign of your coming
3. and of the end of the age?”

Jesus addressed them all in chapter 24 & 25, you can see parallel scriptures too in Luke 21:5-38

E

eternally-gratefull

Perhaps you could clarify what you mean by "part B" then.

As I have not read through the entire thread, I'm not sure what definition you mean. I see nothing in Daniel 2 about the "times" or "fulness" of the Gentiles.
Many people believe that dan 2 and 7 is God giving us the preview of the gentile don’t muon over Jerusalem and how this time of the gentiles will be put to an end (return of Christ) until then jerusalem will be trodden down by gentile kingdoms. Even today this is still in affect