Enough Atheist fighting!!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

Ramon

Okay enough. I have seen enough of it. Really. The gospel of Jesus Christ is not about how well we can prove a case for God. Not at all. It isn't about our intellect at all. It is about acknowledging Jesus Christ and posing the question of salvation. The Lord is not willing that any should perish, and it is not good to add further agitation by debate really.

I apologize, as I thought maybe some Christians would have understood the reason for me making the post I did. It was not an opportunity I chose to take it up with Atheist, but to see where some were. You can't debate an Atheist into heaven, as you all should know. Everything is in the hands of the Lord really. This is not how you win anyone to Jesus Christ. It is really hot air, and i have wasted mine also.

Let's not quarrel anymore. Let's not only speak of Jesus, but let us be like Jesus in all conversation and action.

May Jesus bless you.

May 4, 2011
Wait wait wait... did Ramon just do something non crazy and... nice :O

T

tif

Forlorn-Hope: You know, it really sounds to me like Ramon is taking a high road here and apologizing, without making any rude comments toward anyone (atheist or not).

Red_Tory

Jan 26, 2010
Be like Jesus in conversation and action? Christ did not shrink from a debate, nor did he refrain from verbally lashing people and directly insulting them. Our "fighting" is pretty tame compared to the words of Jesus.

T

tif

Be like Jesus in conversation and action? Christ did not shrink from a debate, nor did he refrain from verbally lashing people and directly insulting them. Our "fighting" is pretty tame compared to the words of Jesus.
That's true. But he didn't lash out at the "sinners" of the time; he verbally lashed those who were supposed to be followers of God.

T

Timofree

There's a place for debates and apologetics......but very often that isn't the internet.

Talking face to face you can get across better, that winning the argument doesn't really matter, it's that person and their eternity you and God care for. That said, who knows whats going to sink in on the internet............

I like the way Ray Comfort takes people to the law

A

AnandaHya

Praise God! :) hugs Ramon. Hope you stay blessed.

Jan 29, 2011
Hello Ramon,

Your name seems familiar to me and I believe we've talked in the past about a similar topic. I thought I would share my insights into the subject on what I've learned from testimonies of former atheists. However, before I begin, I emplore you to consider what I am saying and read thoroughly the lines of evidences I am going to present.

You say, "you can't argue someone into heaven" which I agree with, however, you can't evangelize or talk anyone there either. Here's why. Our words, as it seems that you believe, mean nothing in light of God's power. In fact, He say's quite clearly that we are to plant and water, while He will give the increase. Thus, all we can do is be guided by the Holy Spirit, for our words alone mean nothing. Who's to say that God can't give you the words to use in a debate format that ultimately leads someone to Christ? Why is it implausible to think that God can't use debate to draw an atheist to Christ? It seems to me that it is highly plausible that if God can use things like beauty, a strictly abstract thing to bring someone to Christ, then it doesn't seem out of reach for him to use debate.

Consider C.S. Lewis, for example. He use to argue against the existence of God based on the problem of evil saying, how can an all-good, all powerful God allow such suffering and evil in the world. But Mr. Lewis, upon thinking on such an argument came to the realization that this is an indirect proof of God's existence.

Holly Ordway, another atheist who became a Christian based on a realization that you don't have to "check your brain at the door" to be a Christian. These simple examples led people to Christianity, just think of what a debate could do!

You can go to the testimonials portion of Reasonable Faith and find a plethora of atheists, who after hearing a debate with Dr. Craig dedicated or even rededicated their lives to Christ! Dr. Craig personally attests of a physicist who was an atheist based on the study of the cosmos (or cosmology) but after she read his discertation on the kalam cosmological argument, ultimately became a Christian! There's even a young man on this very site who you can speak with named Former Atheist who was drawn by God to Christianity based on debates he seen by Dr. Craig! One final thought, Paul seemed to think that debating was a necessary function and did so all throughout Acts.

Thus, it seems that the evidence stacks heavily to one side and I encourage you to test what I'm saying. Go, and look for testimonies of how atheists were drawn to Christ by the Father based on debates and arguments.