EPD diet

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
My wife has been diagnosed with EPD (Exocrine Pancreatic Deficiency). She has been prescribed drug called Creon. It replaces the exocrine enzymes that her pancreas no longer produces. It must be taken any time she eats (meals, snacks, etc). It is also quite expensive. If she doesn't take it, she has very bad diarrhea, and becomes very anemic. With it the diarrhea isn't as bad, but she is still anemic. Vitamin and mineral supplements do not help.

This afternoon, her Gastroenterologist told her to get with a dietician and develop a meal plan that would increase the effectiveness of the Creon. She is resisting that. Does anyone here know anything about this disorder, and successful diet plans?

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
I know about it. My mom has been taking creon for about 3 years now, for a similar reason you stated. I also know her diet plan, and she is doing well with it.

Jun 10, 2019
I’ve read up on this if you haven’t heard of Karlovy Vary Mineral Water it’s something that has been around in Europe since the 1700’s and used world wide.

Here’s a bit from the site, the kit includes a diet plan, 114$ but just the single bottle of the salt can be purchase for about 40$ you don’t have to use this site but I’d say look into Karlovy Vary Mineral Water I’ve seen it on amazon so the bottle can be purchased from multiple places.

This Kit is formulated to decrease pain, spasms, tightness, nausea, inflammation, anxiety and depression.
This kit comes with free “Chronic Pancreatitis Diet”. This diet was formulated by European healing foods experts for chronic pancreatitis.

Chronic Inflammation of the Pancreas with Pain Kit is a non-drug approach for chronic pancreatitis with focus on the root of the pain such as inflammation, congestion, spasm, aggressive bile and deficiency of vital nutrients.

One of the old and time-proven method of healing of pancreatic disorders is Karlovy Vary Healing Mineral Water (KVHMW) made from the Genuine Karlovy Vary Thermal Spring Salt and used for centuries by generations of European.
KVHMW opens the Sphincter of Oddi decreasing pressure in the pancreatic duct, promoting secretion and elimination of pancreatic juices, and decreasing inflammation and congestion in the pancreas. For the last 250 years KVHMW helped millions people with pancreatic disorders in Europe and all over the world.

https://www.biotherapystore.com/product/chronic-inflammation-of-the-pancreas-with-pain-kit/

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
I am curious about the Karlovy diet plan. Do you specifically know what it is?
I looked it up, and could not find it.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
I know about it. My mom has been taking creon for about 3 years now, for a similar reason you stated. I also know her diet plan, and she is doing well with it.
What does her diet plan include?

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
Some animal products, fruits, vegetables, some seeds and nuts, and some grains.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
I must correct the Title a bit. It should be EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency).