Epsom Salts

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
Yes I care about her and would love to see her make better choices. I should pray more and ask God to give me wisdom and words, and that he'd open up her heart.

PS, I posted a pic of one of our first harvests from our garden over in your thread "Early Gardening Tips." Thought you'd want to see it.:)
I just want to share this with you as I shared with the Lord many times. I asked Him, what you just said, so many times. God only knows how much I've wept over how I could be used by Him to help people with their health challenges as well as to help them live long healthy, happy lives. He provided the answers and is providing all of the details in stages as He sees me accomplish what is necessary now. If you also have a desire to be a blessing to her and others, I will ask you to do this. Pray frequently or at least regularly, with your whole heart, for our Father to guide you to a path to major blessings for others in this regard. There are very few believers who are serving in this area, but such a big need. If you want to be used in a way that will benefit you, your family and your neighbors, He can make that happen.. Pray big!
🙂

I look forward to seeing your garden!

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Just wondered what others knew about epsom salts.
I was told that it’s “raw magnesium.”

It takes pain away from my knee, but I only take a few granules on the tip of a teaspoon, daily, when necessary.
Thanks all for sharing. 😊
Hello Underwhosewings,

Epsom Salts have the chemical name Magnesium Sulfate. This is one form/ compound of magnesium. There are others.
It's a required nutrient. Most of us are deficient in magnesium unless we grow a garden of greens in good soil. That's good to get relief from your pain with it.. The epsom salts are usually resolved in hot water and allowed to cool to a comfortable temperature. If you have any numbness or circulation challenges please use extra caution to avoid potential burns. Many people find relief, in the manner that the ladies described, when it comes to soreness. It absorbs through the skin, so soaking in a foot container, tall bucket or bath is typically used. The absorption level is limited, so you might want to try different forms of magnesium orally. I would avoid Mg Oxide as the primary form because it has the lowest absorption. (Oral)

E.S. / Mg Sulfate is available in most drug stores.
For topical applications, I like Mg Chloride the best. It is not as readily available, but The absorption is higher than epsom salts. The solution is normally rubbed into the area that feels sore or tight. This post reminds me that I need to buy some soon. I want to share the blessing, so In the future I plan to make it available for others to purchase.

I hope that helped.
Did you have any other questions?

HopeinHim98

Mar 16, 2023
Just wondered what others knew about epsom salts.
I was told that it’s “raw magnesium.”

It takes pain away from my knee, but I only take a few granules on the tip of a teaspoon, daily, when necessary.
Thanks all for sharing. 😊
You're welcome. Interesting, I didn't know it would help with pain like that!

HopeinHim98

Mar 16, 2023
I just want to share this with you as I shared with the Lord many times. I asked Him, what you just said, so many times. God only knows how much I've wept over how I could be used by Him to help people with their health challenges as well as to help them live long healthy, happy lives. He provided the answers and is providing all of the details in stages as He sees me accomplish what is necessary now. If you also have a desire to be a blessing to her and others, I will ask you to do this. Pray frequently or at least regularly, with your whole heart, for our Father to guide you to a path to major blessings for others in this regard. There are very few believers who are serving in this area, but such a big need. If you want to be used in a way that will benefit you, your family and your neighbors, He can make that happen.. Pray big!
🙂

I look forward to seeing your garden!
Thanks for your encouragement. I will be praying!

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
On a scale from 1-10, (1 no interest, 10 completely into that), where do you place yourself when
it comes to interest in natural remedies? Let's say for sake of comparison that the average person
is a 1 or 2. If they take vitamins or see a chiropractor, etc. they are a few points higher 3-6.
I used to be a ten .:unsure::giggle:. I do still see a chiropractor and take supplements,
but nowhere near the amounts I did, say, thirty years ago.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
I used to be a ten .:unsure::giggle:. I do still see a chiropractor and take supplements,
but nowhere near the amounts I did, say, thirty years ago.
That's great!
Supplements are dynamic parts of the overall diet. You might find you need more or less at different times of the year. If you start getting a lot of sun in the summer, you'll likely require less daily D3 supplemented.

For instance, I take no krill/ fish oil right now because I bought bottles of raw cold pressed hemp seed oil from the salad dressing isle. It's a non refined oil that some use to make their own salad dressing, No THC. Perfect ratio of omega 3, 6,9,12. When I use that or flax seeds fresh ground in food, I don't need the oil supplements unless I'm trying to knock down a foot injury from running, or all of the joints injured on my right limb last year. My protocol changes. I'm working on bone density and building strength more quickly now, so I need more minerals to go with more water.

I believe it's good to keep reevaluating nutritional needs. It sounds like you have established good habits for life.
Have you heard the famous lecture called "Dead Doctors Don't Lie" by Dr Wallach?