Errors in Doctrine.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

SMMC80

There are no three Gods But one. Every name of God (OT) shows the office in which He is operating from. John 17:6. Jesus Christ is the name of God with or within us. A man can be can be a father and a son at the same time that does not make him two men. In the Father, we see the FATHERHOOD of God. In the Son we see the CHILDHOOD of God. Not in regard of age but of obedience. The HOLY SPIRIT is the dispensation of GOD. In other words when Christ said (Jn 10:35) i am the son of God He was saying "I AM THE OBEDIENCE OF GOD." or "I AM GOD'S CHILDHOOD" or "I AM THE SON-SHIP OF GOD". The Doctrine of trinity is at error.

S

SantoSubito

So let me ask you this was Christ fully and completely God?

musiclover123

Sep 6, 2009
From my understanding of the Trinity..you just explained what it is then said it was wrong. The doctrine of Trinity doesn't teach multiple gods, but God taking different forms.

S

SantoSubito

From my understanding of the Trinity..you just explained what it is then said it was wrong. The doctrine of Trinity doesn't teach multiple gods, but God taking different forms.
That's not really the Trinity either. The Trinity consists of three divine persons all sharing the same essence, with each divine person being distinct from, yet fully united with the other two. God taking different forms is modalism, also known as Sabellianism

L

LawofLove

Just look at the word "GOD" Three letters but one word. You can't have one with out the other.

L

luciddream1982

The Trinity is kind of hard to fully comprehend imo. God, Jesus, and the Holy spirit are the same, but even though they are the same, they are different. And even though they are different, they are the same.

H

HearOhIsreal

I've never understood the saying "God is one, yet God is three." Either He is one or He is three. I believe He is one and only one. It is said countless times.

Blessings

L

luciddream1982

Who was Jesus praying to? Himself?

H

HearOhIsreal

Who was Jesus praying to? Himself?
Well He certainly wasn't praying to another God. If the three are equal, why would an equal pray to an equal? That would make no sense. We have to remember that Jesus was both God and man.

Blessings

L

luciddream1982

I believe they are one, but they are different, but they are not different even thought they are different lol.

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
Being the Son of Yahweh, Yeshua our saviour was permitted to speak of his Father Yahweh.

He had the spirit of Yahweh, he was born from the chosen people.

I think we focus too much on how things are done instead of why there were done..........

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
So let me ask you this was Christ fully and completely God?
That's something I think about sometimes.

I think Jesus was as much God as Love would allow to fallen, sinful people. Jesus is the embodiment of Gods Love to us.

If God the Father came down to Earth I think everyone would just fall down dead from terror.

Jesus slowly brings us around so that we don't fall down dead in front of Him.

That's what I think, but I could be wrong...

S

SMMC80

yes you are correct. in Jesus we see God's humbleness, we see God reconciling the world to Himself. In God's manifestation with the name Jesus, men is at the safe side whether he is good or bad. But everything that by oppression subjects men is not able to stand in His presence such as diseases, demons etc. But a day is coming when the Father will come and the heavens and the earth shall not stand but shall not be found. death shall give the dead in it. the sea also shall bring forth the dead in it. hell also shall do the same. and books shall be opened. your understanding of God's greatness suits that day where all powers shall come to naught and the hearts of men shall fail them. Given such a conscience as you have brethren.i would encourage you to sharpen your sword and be nourished in the spirit, then stand like a soldier and blow the trumpet for truly such a day is coming. amen.

C

Crazy4GODword

Trinity is saying God is existing in three form at the exact same time, but they are distinct. God in heaven is the same God inside of us, just that they are two places that are different. God is God, always one, but in three separate workings. Not twins, not triplets, not divided, but existing in more than one place operating differently. Jesus operated on this earth differently than the Holy Ghost in side us, and so with the Father.

D

dishchat

Hi; My understanding of the trinity is: God means a subject or an object that we adore. Before, Elohim, that means ' self existing one', was not God but He had all the attributes of what God is.Because Elohim love so much adoration,He became God by creating life to adore Him.As He is eternal, there should be eternal ones to adore Him. And it's only those who are in Him who are eternal.Now, all ones who were in Him,He created them by his Word and put His life and His character in them so that they became eternal creatures that is a' body Word'.We are the body of Christ and He is our head.That's why He said " I am in the Father and my Father is in Me. I and the Father are one".Therefor my humble definition is: Elohim as a maker,He is God the Father; Elohim as creature,He is Son of God, Elohim as the characteristic and life of God,He is the Holy Gost. There is only one God who is making three role at the same time and His name is " The Lord Jesus Christ" God Bless You

B

babyboyblue

I won't be so bold as to say who's right and who's wrong, but I will share my belief. I believe simply that God exists in three persons Father, Son and Spirit. I believe we can see this clearly in the scriptures with such passages as:
Genesis 1:26

26And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness
Colossians 2

2That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ;
3In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

In the above verse, we're ask to acknowledge God, Father, and Christ (God Holy Spirit, God Father, God Son). Jesus is God our creator, but when he walked the earth as a man, He subdued his divinity to walk as mere man. A mortal. He was our example. He prayed to God the Father as an example.
Mark 14:35-37

King James Version (KJV)

35And he went forward a little, and fell on the ground, and prayed ...
36And he said, Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee; take away this cup from me: nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt.

Clearly we see two persons here. God the Son, praying to God the Father. Later Jesus told the disciples that He need to go otherwise the Comforter cannot not come.
John 16:7

7Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
John 14:26

King James Version (KJV)

26But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

In the above scripture we can clearly see the three persons of God. The Son speaking of what the Father will do, which is send the Holy Spirit.

The bible even tells us that Jesus is gone to Heaven and sits at the right hand of the Father. Two separate positions.
Mark 16:18-20

19So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.

One God in Three Persons. Holy Trinity.

S

syborg

I have no doubt the trinity is excatly like water steam and ice. . 3 versions of the same thing. . or like a 3 leaf clover. . all the leaves come off one leaf. . they are seperate and yet the same .. lets look at some of the scriptures:

How did the Jews respond to Jesus well lets look:

John 8:24 Jesus states that before Abraham was I AM he who will die for your sins. (Only God can forgive sins if Jesus were an Angel then his sacrifice would be naught).

John 8:58 here again Jesus asserts: Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM (remember God saying to Moses when asked for his name - he replied I AM that I AM)

John 10:30-33: I and the father are one (skip V32 for time sake) 33:We are not stoning you for any good work, they replied, but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God. (The Jews here understood the claim Jesus was making - that he WAS God, they either did not or did not want to believe him, despite his teaching and wonderous works - but they understood perfectly his claim. . that HE WAS/IS God)

then moving on

In John 4:25 when the samaritain women says 'I know that the Messiah is coming' Jesus replies with 'I who speak to you am he' but if we look in the OT we understand the Messiah is God: Isaiah 9:6 says:

For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

So it is clear Jesus considers himself God as he claims to be the Messiah spoken of in Isaiah. .

David says in his Psalms that the Lord is his light and salvation while Micah says that the Lord will be my light and in the NT Jesus claims to be 'the Light of the world' in John 8:12 taking for himself that which is clearly aimed at God himself.

Do you believe we can be forgiven sin by other than God himself - that mere Angels can accomplish this feat? When we sin we sin directly against God and as only God alone can forgive sin what does Jesus think he is doing in John 8:24 if not claiming he can forgive sin and therefore God.

Isaiah 42:8 states that God will give his glory to no other. . how then can Jesus being not God but only a god and or an Angel receive this glory you see in John 17 he talks of his glory. . So Jesus had glory with God 'glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began'. . this not only indicates Jesus exsited prior to creation but that he shared glory with the Father. . who we know will not share it with another. . so the clear implication is that Jesus is God. .

As such I am in NO DOUBT that Jesus made both direct and indirect references to his divinty, his authority, the fact that he claimed to be God - which rattled the Jews as they knew EXACTLY what he was intimating. . they were in no doubt at all he claimed to be God. .

Personally for me the evidence in John alone is incontrovertible as to exactly who Jesus is and claims to be and supported by the Jews understanding of Jesus words by their actions..

look at Hebrews 1: 7-8; Who makes His angels spirits and His ministers a flame of fire But to the Son He says Your throne, O God, is forever and ever: A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.

I can only understand this to be Jesus although son IS God too

John 20:28 we see Thomas say to Jesus, 'My Lord and My God' this was in the presence of the other disciples who if they did not know or believe Jesus to BE GOD would have had Thomasd for blasphemy.

Titus 2:13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ

Acts 20:28 states that God bought us with his own blood then in revelation 5:8-9 we see where the scripture is talking of Jesus (lamb of God)he has redeemed us by his blood and also Rev 1:5-6 where again it talks of Jesus blood being the price of sin payment. . so we can see here that in Acts God purchased us by HIS blood but in Rev we see that the blood was Jesus blood. . they are the same.

Jesus claimed himself to be God - the Jews understood his claims without any doubt - this is why they sought to kill him. For some reason this understanding is becoming lost in time and translation . . but it remains - in my view - that the Jews were under no illusion who Jesus said he was.

My understanding of scripture is that Jesus is God in human form come to take the sins of the world, as only God can. Neither Angels nor any other created being can forgive sins, only God. . and Jesus did forgive sins and was eventually caught, tortured and killed for his apparent 'blasphemy' in his claims as understood by those who were there.

I believe the triniy is irrefutable. .

S

SMMC80

I have no doubt the trinity is excatly like water steam and ice. . 3 versions of the same thing. . or like a 3 leaf clover. . all the leaves come off one leaf. . they are seperate and yet the same .. lets look at some of the scriptures:

How did the Jews respond to Jesus well lets look:

John 8:24 Jesus states that before Abraham was I AM he who will die for your sins. (Only God can forgive sins if Jesus were an Angel then his sacrifice would be naught).

John 8:58 here again Jesus asserts: Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM (remember God saying to Moses when asked for his name - he replied I AM that I AM)

John 10:30-33: I and the father are one (skip V32 for time sake) 33:We are not stoning you for any good work, they replied, but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God. (The Jews here understood the claim Jesus was making - that he WAS God, they either did not or did not want to believe him, despite his teaching and wonderous works - but they understood perfectly his claim. . that HE WAS/IS God)

then moving on

In John 4:25 when the samaritain women says 'I know that the Messiah is coming' Jesus replies with 'I who speak to you am he' but if we look in the OT we understand the Messiah is God: Isaiah 9:6 says:

For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

So it is clear Jesus considers himself God as he claims to be the Messiah spoken of in Isaiah. .

David says in his Psalms that the Lord is his light and salvation while Micah says that the Lord will be my light and in the NT Jesus claims to be 'the Light of the world' in John 8:12 taking for himself that which is clearly aimed at God himself.

Do you believe we can be forgiven sin by other than God himself - that mere Angels can accomplish this feat? When we sin we sin directly against God and as only God alone can forgive sin what does Jesus think he is doing in John 8:24 if not claiming he can forgive sin and therefore God.

Isaiah 42:8 states that God will give his glory to no other. . how then can Jesus being not God but only a god and or an Angel receive this glory you see in John 17 he talks of his glory. . So Jesus had glory with God 'glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began'. . this not only indicates Jesus exsited prior to creation but that he shared glory with the Father. . who we know will not share it with another. . so the clear implication is that Jesus is God. .

As such I am in NO DOUBT that Jesus made both direct and indirect references to his divinty, his authority, the fact that he claimed to be God - which rattled the Jews as they knew EXACTLY what he was intimating. . they were in no doubt at all he claimed to be God. .

Personally for me the evidence in John alone is incontrovertible as to exactly who Jesus is and claims to be and supported by the Jews understanding of Jesus words by their actions..

look at Hebrews 1: 7-8; Who makes His angels spirits and His ministers a flame of fire But to the Son He says Your throne, O God, is forever and ever: A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.

I can only understand this to be Jesus although son IS God too

John 20:28 we see Thomas say to Jesus, 'My Lord and My God' this was in the presence of the other disciples who if they did not know or believe Jesus to BE GOD would have had Thomasd for blasphemy.

Titus 2:13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ

Acts 20:28 states that God bought us with his own blood then in revelation 5:8-9 we see where the scripture is talking of Jesus (lamb of God)he has redeemed us by his blood and also Rev 1:5-6 where again it talks of Jesus blood being the price of sin payment. . so we can see here that in Acts God purchased us by HIS blood but in Rev we see that the blood was Jesus blood. . they are the same.

Jesus claimed himself to be God - the Jews understood his claims without any doubt - this is why they sought to kill him. For some reason this understanding is becoming lost in time and translation . . but it remains - in my view - that the Jews were under no illusion who Jesus said he was.

My understanding of scripture is that Jesus is God in human form come to take the sins of the world, as only God can. Neither Angels nor any other created being can forgive sins, only God. . and Jesus did forgive sins and was eventually caught, tortured and killed for his apparent 'blasphemy' in his claims as understood by those who were there.

I believe the triniy is irrefutable. .
You even can explain it better, thank God. But there is not trinity to me. There is one God who is manifest to us in the name Jesus Christ.