Essential oils?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

Newme

Does anyone have some good essential oil recipes they use around the house? I started using lavender in the bath and I love it, just wondering what else any of you have tried.

lydever91

Aug 5, 2011
Lavendar oil and Vitamin E oil is a favorite of mine. I have made baby shampoo, lotion, and use vinegar and lav. oil as a fabric softener.

I made the baby shampoo when my son was about 4 months old. He's almost 1 and there's still a quarter bottle left.

Ingredients for baby shampoo:
few drops lav&vit e oil
distilled water
bar of soap(I used lavendar)

Ingredients for baby lotion:
few drops lav&vit e oil
distilled water
breastmilk
beeswax
olive/coconut oil (I use coconut when it's on-hand)

Oct 31, 2011
I breath in peppermint oil for a headache and to clear my sinuses.

I add a drop or two of Tea Tree Oil to most of my creams that I make. It is so powerful that more than a drop must not be used. I have recipes that I use for moisturizing for my face and hand cream. I find hyaluronic Acid is the best ingredient for moisturizing, and only the most expensive creams have this ingredient. I also add vitamin E oil and some vitamin C to my creams, using bees wax to thicken them.

Tea Tree Oil is the best way to fight mold there is. I use it to clean my front load washing machine and the filters in the swamp type air conditioner I use in my very dry climate.

Ylang Ylang is a wonderful essential oil to add to potpourri.

Essential oils seem to have a lot of potential, I hope many will tell us how they use them.

starfield

Jun 13, 2009
I absolutely love lavender oil. I use it along with coconut oil in my hair care routine. :)

P

psychomom

I had to be on ridiculously high doses of prednisone for health issues.
That caused thrush.

:rolleyes:

I rinsed my mouth and gargled with a few drops of tea tree oil, and peppermint or cinnamon oil.
I think cinnamon oil would make a great mouthwash...no need to use a "prepared" one from the store!

lydever91

Aug 5, 2011
I'm going to start making homemade shampoo and conditioner when I run out of what I have. Hopefully my hair will be shiny but soft.

Here's a couple links for where I got the recipes:

Shampoo

Conditioner #1
Conditioner #2

Hope everyone enjoys!!!!

Oct 31, 2011
This is the recipe I use for an excellent moisturizer. I am not giving amounts, I put together this recipe after about a week of research I did on the web about the best "food" for our face, and reading the ingredients of very expensive moisturizers.

Jopoba Oil
Sweet Almond Oil
E Oil
Aloe Vera
Hyaluronic Acid.
If it needs to be thickened, use beeswax.

The hyaluronic acid is the most important ingredient. I have only found it on eBay. It isn't cheap, but then when you consider that most moisturizers you buy with this ingredient is extremely expensive, it is comparatively cheap.

I make a big batch of this that I keep tightly sealed in the freezer to be sure the oils stay sweet, taking out a small supply at a time.

It is best to clean, even oily skin with oil. Castor Oil is best, it dissolves dirt and gets deeply into pores better than any other oil. It is too thick to use, so needs to be thinned with EVOO (olive) oil. You can use other oils such as jojoba or grapeseed. Half castor oil and half other oil is good, but the more your skin has a problem like acne, oily, or very dry, the more Castor oil is needed. Wipe it off with water as hot as you can manage.

This needs to be finished with a toner made of equal parts of apple cider vinegar (natural is best), distilled water, and green tea to neutralize the vinegar odor. The acid in the vinegar does wonders for your skin.

W

wwjd_kilden

I don't really use essential oils, but I will sometimes drip a few drops of the peppermint oil I use in candies on a piece of paper and leave it in the window. That way the scent 8or whatever the term is for such things), will spread through the room.

myfriendtiny

Jan 19, 2014
DOTTERA Essential Oils are amazing. If you have FoodGrade Peppermint then you can use it in Chocolate chips
. If you are using DOTTERA then only do 1 drop of Peppermint.
Dottera oils are very strong so be very carful how you use it.

P

psychomom

The hyaluronic acid is the most important ingredient. I have only found it on eBay. It isn't cheap, but then when you consider that most moisturizers you buy with this ingredient is extremely expensive, it is comparatively cheap.

Do you use a hyaluronic acid serum, 100% liquid, or pure powder?
Have you tried the liquid and the powder, and if so, which do you recommend?
I've been looking into this (at Amazon), and would really appreciate your wisdom on this! :)

thanks-
ellie

Mar 3, 2013
I use essential oils, herbs and other natural means to treat health problems when they arise – I don’t even have a doctor. We are seldom sick and when we do catch something it doesn’t last long or affect us as severely as most others. The two I use all the time are lavender and thieves. I buy them online from a very good, inexpensive supplier.

I always keep a reed diffuser with lavender in the bedroom beside the bed.

When fall comes and we can no longer have the windows open to let in fresh air, I set up the room diffuser and fill it with Four Thieves blend of essential oil. I let the diffuser run constantly to keep our immunity up to par. There is nothing better than Thieves for curing a severe sore throat either. A few drops in a glass of water eliminated strep throat for my son, but I have read that one drop with a tablespoon of water, gargle and swallowed also works well.
The story behind this incredible essential oil that has dozens of uses goes like this. During the Bubonic plague in the 15[SUP]th[/SUP] century, there was a small group of thieves who would rob the dead bodies of the people who had died from the plague but did not get sick. They were finally caught in Marseilles, France and when they appeared before the judge, he promised them leniency if they would tell how they managed to rob these bodies without ever contracting the highly contagious disease. As it turned out, the thieves were spice traders and perfumers, and when they rubbed a combination of certain spices on themselves, they were protected from the plague.

myfriendtiny

Jan 19, 2014
Have any of ya'll tried Oregano one the bottom of your feet. If you feel like you are starting to feel sick use oregano essential oil. Just be sure you don't get it between your toes. 1 drop it more than plenty. It will work better if you use a carrier oil.

Mar 3, 2013
Have any of ya'll tried Oregano one the bottom of your feet. If you feel like you are starting to feel sick use oregano essential oil. Just be sure you don't get it between your toes. 1 drop it more than plenty. It will work better if you use a carrier oil.
You are right - it is much better used with a carrier oil. I worked with a young guy who had been told by someone to rub oregano oil on his chest when he had a cold or flu, whatever it was he had. But that friend neglected to tell him to always use a carrier oil when rubbing oregano on your skin and his entire chest began to burn and a day later was still bright red from the burning action of the oregano. It is very potent but there is no harm in using it...correctly :eek:

myfriendtiny

Jan 19, 2014
Yes. If you use the DoTerra brand oregano you need to be alot more careful with it. it is alot stronger the other brands that we have tried.

Oct 31, 2011
Do you use a hyaluronic acid serum, 100% liquid, or pure powder?
Have you tried the liquid and the powder, and if so, which do you recommend?
I've been looking into this (at Amazon), and would really appreciate your wisdom on this! :)

thanks-
ellie
I have had a hard time locating any hyaluronic acid. I have been using the serum and got the last bottle from Amazon. I am so much NOT an expert that I didn't even know there was the powder.

I have been using it as an ingredient in the moisturizer I make. I make up a big batch, so I keep all but a small amount in the freezer to be sure the oils I use stay fresh. However, I need to know so much more, like what effect does freezing have on the hyaluronic Acid.

Any information you have would be much appreciated.

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
I use DoTerra. I have gotten through stomach bug/flu/cold season without getting sick. :) My body responds best to OnGaurd.

myfriendtiny

Jan 19, 2014
My mom sells DoTerra oils on a web site if any of ya'll are interested . Ya'll can message me for the site.

myfriendtiny

Jan 19, 2014
everthingessential.me here is another
essential oil site for others