Estranged child..

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 13, 2022
How do you deal with estrangement.
How do you deal with a child that just abandoned the family?
How do you trust God with a broken heart?

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
I once had a step-daughter that was running away and managed to become a full-fledged prostitute . . . she wasn't quiet yet 15 years old.

It didn't matter what I did, whether it was putting up missing child posters in grocery stores and upon telephone poles . . . the message was always the same, which was . . . "We love you."

As for trusting God even though you have a broken heart . . . my beliefs are that God is in control of all things, and if this is True, then Trust God in His Eternal Plan. Trust the Plan for you and the development of your relationship with God.

Try not to worry. Worry won't solve any problem . . . ever.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
How do you deal with estrangement.
How do you deal with a child that just abandoned the family?
How do you trust God with a broken heart?
To be sure this is a very difficult situation. I'm reminded of a father who witnessed his son leave for a far country and enter into first great sin and then great want before returning home. So don't give up. Continue to pray and look for your child. And trust God. Shall not the judge of all the earth do right?

MsMediator

Mar 8, 2022
Figure out who is primarily at fault for the estrangement and proceed from there. Adult children become estranged for a variety of reasons such as the parents don't accept the spouse or if they still suffer from PTSD from their childhood. It is not always the case of the wayward child. However they could also go through personal issues that do not involve the parent.

Mofastus

May 23, 2019
Thank God they remain your child for life even if they do just up and leave, and it can happen more than once, all children know the love of their parents. God bless you and your family with His peace

Oct 13, 2022
I once had a step-daughter that was running away and managed to become a full-fledged prostitute . . . she wasn't quiet yet 15 years old.

It didn't matter what I did, whether it was putting up missing child posters in grocery stores and upon telephone poles . . . the message was always the same, which was . . . "We love you."

As for trusting God even though you have a broken heart . . . my beliefs are that God is in control of all things, and if this is True, then Trust God in His Eternal Plan. Trust the Plan for you and the development of your relationship with God.

Thank you. My faith and trust and is growing again. I cannot see the purpose of it all but trusting God that there is a greater Plan.

Oct 13, 2022
Figure out who is primarily at fault for the estrangement and proceed from there. Adult children become estranged for a variety of reasons such as the parents don't accept the spouse or if they still suffer from PTSD from their childhood. It is not always the case of the wayward child. However they could also go through personal issues that do not involve the parent.
No one is at fault. That is the first thing JOB friends thought in the Bible. I can say no one is at fault..We always think there is a cause for everything. We humans minds just cannot see a cause without something happening but not in our case. We are not perfect but we have done nothing wrong to have this painful trial.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
No one is at fault. That is the first thing JOB friends thought in the Bible. I can say no one is at fault..We always think there is a cause for everything. We humans minds just cannot see a cause without something happening but not in our case. We are not perfect but we have done nothing wrong to have this painful trial.
Since you are familiar with Job I will share a few observations from his life that encourage me:
1. He recognized that the worship of God was independent of his circumstances...the Lord giveth, the Lord taketh; blessed be the name of the Lord.
2. God can in all things be trusted...though He slay me I will trust Him.
3. Trials are designed to bring greater understanding and intimacy with God...I had heard of Thee with the hearing of my ear, but now my eye seeth Thee.
Hope this encourages you too.

Oct 13, 2022
We are going home for the holidays without her. The family are all going. The disappointment is heartbreaking. Home is where all the memories are and home is where all of the questions will be asked. Daily I will have to answer questions on how is she doing, which we have no clue. Going home for the holidays is bitter sweet. How do you deal with the questions?

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
We are going home for the holidays without her. The family are all going. The disappointment is heartbreaking. Home is where all the memories are and home is where all of the questions will be asked. Daily I will have to answer questions on how is she doing, which we have no clue. Going home for the holidays is bitter sweet. How do you deal with the questions?
Just keep things simple...
You can say " I do not know , but my Heavenly Father knows all things from the beginning to the end , and in Him I trust "...
I love Proverbs 3:5

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Yea Prodigal son (or daughter) keep praying and when she does come home welcome her and put on a party.

This may take a long time but you just stay put and also appreciate the ones who have stayed. In the prodigal son parable the elder one who stayed home was a bit resentful. Let those who stayed know they are loved just as much.

You can say to others well shes off having adventures, but shes in Gods hands. Sometimes young ones need to do that because its the way they learn.

Oct 13, 2022
Yea Prodigal son (or daughter) keep praying and when she does come home welcome her and put on a party.

This may take a long time but you just stay put and also appreciate the ones who have stayed. In the prodigal son parable the elder one who stayed home was a bit resentful. Let those who stayed know they are loved just as much.

You can say to others well shes off having adventures, but shes in Gods hands. Sometimes young ones need to do that because its the way they learn.
Thank you. You encouraged me.