Everyone nees to read this!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I

iservechrist24

Hey guys, this is Matt. Everyone needs to read this, especially the night crowd. I'm writing this because a few other members including myself have concluded that this could develop into something bad very quick. So I'm just voicing our joint opinions on it, and why we should probably stop it.

Ok so the topic in question is "CC Wife/Husband"

I know that we all think of this as a huge inside joke, and that its fun to play around with it. But we as Christians have to look at the big picture. As Polarguy mentioned, "this is planting seeds of destruction" which is absolutely true. We are making a joke out of the covenant of Marriage. Marriage is suppose to be a covenant between God the Father, yourself and your husband/wife. Its not meant to be tossed around like some joke and when we do this, I think it cheapens what Marriage is really about.

Malachi 2:15 - Didn’t the Lord make you one with your wife? In body and spirit you are his. And what does he want? Godly children from your union. So guard your heart; remain loyal to the wife of your youth.

We can look in this scripture and read that the LORD our God makes us ONE with our Husband/Wife. So when we joke about things that havent taken place, its like making light of the situation. We need to guard our hearts and take this sort of thing serious. When we get married to whomever we get married to, we are made as one in body and in spirit. So as we make little inside jokes about it, it just seems wrong to continue this, because at some point whether we see it or not, this will stop being fun and real drama will start to develop. This will become a foothold, people will become jealous of others for having 2 or 3 or 4 CC wives/husband. And polygamy alone is against the nature of God. So I think that it would be wise for us as Christians to just end this joke once and for all.

I regret that if I personally made anyone uncomfortable with this joke, because I definitely took part in this joke and made implications as well. But God has been speaking to me about this, and when I got down to really think about it, I dont want to disrespect God the Father by cheapening one of His most awesome and treasured gifts. The gift of marriage. So I pray that we can be mature enough to let this go and remember that its God whom we serve, not our own personal desires for humor, laughter or entertainment. Amen!

God Bless you guys today, and thanks for reading this.

in Christ,
Matt - Iservechrist24

polarguyinak

Staff member
Jan 30, 2009
Well-said, bro. Complete agreement.

J0Y

Mar 7, 2009
Good stuff Matt....so true, so true!
Just adopt brothers like I do! ;) hahaha....family round the world......

K

kami89

wow i absolutely agree Matt! thanks! =]

Gabrielle

Aug 6, 2007
yes that is very true and i agree as well.

J

JesusChaser

*tear* That was so beautiful.

M

midnight_beauty

yeah ur right... :)

thats the least thing i want is to disrespect God.

C

Cuen

I agree completely ...

This type of thing should ALWAYS be lead by the Almighty God's Will and not be joking around with this covenent