Evidence for Creation now banned from UK religious education classes

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Sarah_D

Article --> Creation religious education

I'm just wondering about home-schooling..
Some people think i'm foolish for having that point of view, to home-school..

I wondered though.. what are your views both on the article and on home-schooling..?

I agree with the first half of what this person said who was against homeschooling, "we should let 'our kids' out there into the world and not shield them".. but that's not where i'm coming from.. i would teach my kids how to cope (in Christ's strength) & be resistant in this increasingly anti-Christian world.. all I mean is.. I would exercise my right to choose what my kid is learning.. maybe i would allow them both.. a secular education and my own Biblical homeschooled education.. Thing is, Christ is becoming less and less.. is tolerated the right word?.. in the world.

Every Blessing in Jesus Christ

F

follower_of_Yahushua

“You are free to ask questions, free to think for yourself and to make up your own mind—as long as you agree with exactly what we evolutionist propagandists are telling you!”

Anti-Christ brainwashing propaganda is exactly what your children will learn in the pulic school system. The methods that are used to prove evolution as something factual have already been proven to be totally false or highly inaccurate, and yet, they are still continued to be taught in the public school systems as something factually accurate. I believe this teachings sole purpose is to destroy childrens faith in God. Even if your children are taught by their parents that the Word of God is true they will be forced to give answers that go against what the bible teaches to receive high or passing grades. The public schools will win the conscience of your children and destroy their absolute faith. I know someone who has home schooled their children and they are now excelling in college and even receiving scholarships and they do not know what peer pressure is, they have never been exposed to drinking or drug usage which is also inevitable in the public school system. If you want your childrens faith in a creator seriously damaged, if you want them to question the infallibility of the Word of God and even possibly devlop an addiction to drugs or alcohol, enroll them in the public school system. You might as well be passing your children through the fire sacrificing them to Molech.

C

CactusMoon

I will try not to get on my soap-box on this one.........I homeschooled my children for 4 years when they were small, I enjoyed every minute of it....children are very impressionable when they are young, you are not shielding them, you are helping them to form their own thoughts and ideas so that when they do enter the arena of the world, they will have the tools they need to make their own decisions and not be swept up in the drama of unbelievers.........Not to mention study after study shows that homeschool children do better acedemically......The public school systems have failed to teach our children and society has also failed them as a role model......It is up to the parents to do both of these.......Dont worry about it.......follow your instinct and have fun rasing your children as you see best,

Last edited:

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010

I wondered though.. what are your views both on the article and on home-schooling..?

I agree with the first half of what this person said who was against homeschooling, "we should let 'our kids' out there into the world and not shield them".. but that's not where i'm coming from.. i would teach my kids how to cope (in Christ's strength) & be resistant in this increasingly anti-Christian world.. all I mean is.. I would exercise my right to choose what my kid is learning.. maybe i would allow them both.. a secular education and my own Biblical homeschooled education.. Thing is, Christ is becoming less and less.. is tolerated the right word?.. in the world.

I promise you. homeschooling is a wonderful thing. :) It doesn't mean you have to shield them. Let them watch the news. Tell them about what's going on in the world. But YOU educate them the way YOU want to. And if you can't get the education you want for your children in the public school, go for homeschooling or a Christian school. but homeschooling can be cheaper.

S

Sarah_D

Pleasantly surprised by the responses so far.. THANKS !
I don't quite know what i was expecting..

Also Thanks for the testimony of home-schooling your children.. and for the studies.. i'll be searching those results out for myself.
Greatly encouraging.. God's Word is Life, Amen

Plus, I think there is soo much in life to be involved in that GOD has provided for us anyway for a child never to be bored.. or isolated..
Sports, Nature, discovering Science, Creation.. Creative crafts, carpentry.. self-sufficiency.. languages.. helping to birth a lamb.. list is endless really..

M

meecha

Sarah.....you are thinking the right way. God has commanded us to raise our children in the knowledge of Him. The argument abouot "shielding kids from the real world" is utter nonsense. State schools are NOT the real world...in fact nothing could be further removed from the "real world" than our state education....sorry did I say education ....I meant our tax funded state baby sitting servive. Just to say I have 5 kids...4 are homeschooled and one is in a half decent girls school. I also work in state schools as a supply PE teacher and have taught in dozens of schools.
Our children are gifts from the Lord. He commands us to raise thenm in the knowledge of His Word. Therefore the "curriculum" for the Christian child is first and foremost the knowledge of God..ie theology. Theology sits on top of every other branch of knowledge. Next comes economics.
Economics is easy to teach to your children. After explaining that politicians and economists are liars and charletons unless they submit to the Lordship of Jesus Christ and are led by the Holy Spirit you can then involve them in the day to day running of the house. They can shop online, they can read your bank statements and learn how to pay bills by internet or phone. Teach then to spot inflation and explain that this is the way godless politicians and bankers violate God's law to insure just weights and measures.
You are now already miles ahead of the kids in the state schools. Under Theology and Economics comes the natural and social sciences but choose areas that interest you. Your enthusiasm for a subject or topic will rub off on your kids. Make sure you never conduct a lesson over what you consider a reasonable time period. I do Latin with my 8 and 10 year olds but I never allow a lesson to exceed 35 mins. I can't concentrate for that long so why should I expect them to. When the weather is good chuck em outside as often as possible. It is wonderful to be able to explain to "concerned" neighbours why you are doing what you do.
Do not listen to the arguments about socialization. State schools do not socialize rather ...they institutionalize .
Whilst many kids survive and flourish as adults, it is depite and not because of state" education".Hope that helps ....if you want to contact me by pm feel free....I would love to be an encouragement. Finally beware. Home schooling gets lonely.....surround yourself with positive voices...you will be constantly tempted to go down the mainstream road.

TheAristocat

Oct 4, 2011
“You are free to ask questions, free to think for yourself and to make up your own mind—as long as you agree with exactly what we evolutionist propagandists are telling you!”

Anti-Christ brainwashing propaganda is exactly what your children will learn in the pulic school system. The methods that are used to prove evolution as something factual have already been proven to be totally false or highly inaccurate, and yet, they are still continued to be taught in the public school systems as something factually accurate. I believe this teachings sole purpose is to destroy childrens faith in God. Even if your children are taught by their parents that the Word of God is true they will be forced to give answers that go against what the bible teaches to receive high or passing grades. The public schools will win the conscience of your children and destroy their absolute faith. I know someone who has home schooled their children and they are now excelling in college and even receiving scholarships and they do not know what peer pressure is, they have never been exposed to drinking or drug usage which is also inevitable in the public school system. If you want your childrens faith in a creator seriously damaged, if you want them to question the infallibility of the Word of God and even possibly devlop an addiction to drugs or alcohol, enroll them in the public school system. You might as well be passing your children through the fire sacrificing them to Molech.
lol Nice. I've been homeschooled and I've been to public school. Went to public school originally. Take this tidbit as an example of how much you learn in public school:

In Hawaii I was placed in a special class for an hour a day, because of slow progress and maturity. After a while I was held outside of the special class when they were watching a movie because of disruption (this class should've worked us harder - not allowed us to watch movies). My friend overheard the teachers talking about how dumb we were. This was when I was 8.

I got a 2.7 GPA in high school. Almost failed Geometry. The high school I went to was popularly known as Whore-way as a play on words because of the loose girls there. Found a condom in the halls one day. Remember overhearing a Satanist talking about how his girlfriend cheated on him and that he wanted to have sex with one of her friends to get back at her. The students were so screwed up there one of the teachers threw a kid into a dumpster once. Guess he had had enough.

So if you want all these and o so much more, then send your kids to public school. Don't forget about the school shootings. Those are added bonuses.

S

Smudge

I was home schooled my whole life and will homeschool my kids if I ever have any. My parents decided to homeschool us because when my oldest brother went to kindergarden, they held him back because he wouldn't do sums with the pictures.(He needed to be advanced, he did better doing sums with actual numbers) He also came home one day petrified of the world exploding at any moment because his teacher told him it would.(Because of global warming/pollution/the works)

If you teach your children, you won't have to worry about a teacher who doesn't care about their students. I don't know how the English system works but we have something called tenure. Basically it was made to protect college professors because they teach controversial subjects like ethics, morals, religion, politics. We wanted respectable professors to be able to teach such things without having fear of being fired. Most high school teachers get it automatically while it is harder for college professors to get it. Since its not really earned for high school students, all they have to do is be a decent teacher until they obtain it. Then they can get away with just about anything.

Most school systems have at least one bad teacher that they can't fire. Instead of firing them, they end up trading their bad teachers with other schools. So chances are, your child could have a teacher who sits and reads throughout the period and there isn't much that can be done about it. I think that they've built a "pit" for the worst teachers ever. If memory serves its like detention for really bad teachers. They get paid to arrive, sit in a lounge and pass the time.

I was sheltered but I had a strong foundation in my faith so that when I entered the "real" world I was able to stand on my own two feet and uphold the morals that I wanted to, which happened to agree with the ones my parents upheld. I also really appreciated learning about the world from my parents than a group of peers.

If you want to avoid sheltering them too much, you could always enroll them in after school activities like dance, music lessons, soccer/football. As home schoolers your kids school schedule is very flexible so they can be busier than other students.

TheAristocat

Oct 4, 2011
I was home schooled my whole life and will homeschool my kids if I ever have any. My parents decided to homeschool us because when my oldest brother went to kindergarden, they held him back because he wouldn't do sums with the pictures.(He needed to be advanced, he did better doing sums with actual numbers) He also came home one day petrified of the world exploding at any moment because his teacher told him it would.(Because of global warming/pollution/the works)

If you teach your children, you won't have to worry about a teacher who doesn't care about their students. I don't know how the English system works but we have something called tenure. Basically it was made to protect college professors because they teach controversial subjects like ethics, morals, religion, politics. We wanted respectable professors to be able to teach such things without having fear of being fired. Most high school teachers get it automatically while it is harder for college professors to get it. Since its not really earned for high school students, all they have to do is be a decent teacher until they obtain it. Then they can get away with just about anything.

Most school systems have at least one bad teacher that they can't fire. Instead of firing them, they end up trading their bad teachers with other schools. So chances are, your child could have a teacher who sits and reads throughout the period and there isn't much that can be done about it. I think that they've built a "pit" for the worst teachers ever. If memory serves its like detention for really bad teachers. They get paid to arrive, sit in a lounge and pass the time.

I was sheltered but I had a strong foundation in my faith so that when I entered the "real" world I was able to stand on my own two feet and uphold the morals that I wanted to, which happened to agree with the ones my parents upheld. I also really appreciated learning about the world from my parents than a group of peers.

If you want to avoid sheltering them too much, you could always enroll them in after school activities like dance, music lessons, soccer/football. As home schoolers your kids school schedule is very flexible so they can be busier than other students.
Never heard about the bottomless pit filled with reprobate instructors. Sounds a bit like Sheol or Gehenna. hahaha