Evil Thoughts

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

ki

It is hard not to fear these nightmares... they are terrifying.. i am praying. Our youth group challenged us to pray at least 15 minutes every day for the next week. I hope things start getting better soon.

C

camragirl73

Let good things come out of your mouth what ever you say is what you will get

J

jimsun

I'm praying that your God will help you stay on his path, ki - That done, everything else will just slot into place.
Just slow down & take things easy as they come. Don't do today what you can put off until tomorrow for our lives are way too short & we're simply on loan here anyway.
J+

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Praying still that Jesus will bless you with a peaceful and sweet sleep.
There is scripture that speaks to this, Ill try to find it, or if another here can sooner, please post it here. :)

Hugs and God bless
pickles

K

ki

thank you Pickles, that would be helpful i think

Keenen

Apr 20, 2012
l.facebook.com
I will keep praying for you. Ask God to come into the dream with you. Instead of focusing on the nightmare know that God is everywhere with you. It helps me. Now I see every dream as a way for God to talk to me.

Keenen

Apr 20, 2012
l.facebook.com
See the scary parts as being God. God comes in many forms. Before he came to his disciplines on the water and they thought that it was a ghost but it was Jesus. If you may start to switch how you think of the dream. this helps me alot when I am scared. I remember having a nightmare of me laying in bed face down and something was moving my covers up and down. I thought immediately that it was the devil but I started to think about God and I started to think that he was doing it. Ironically I sleep with my covers over my head because I am afraid of the dark. I know :) I am too old for that :). Anyway he was telling me to stop being afraid. Not only of the dark but of everything else. You see that it is not the dream that makes us afraid but how we think of the dream that terrifies us. We ever you are afraid whether it's a dream or anything else call on God( I do this alot in nightmares) and think of him and he will make it better immediately. I remember having a nightmare and I called on God and he stopped the nightmare and gave me a better dream. Hope this helps. Now I don't wake up afraid but at peace. "Face your nightmare and they will stop being scary" whether in a dream or in life. God will be with you where every you go. :) I will keep praying for your peace.

J

jimsun

Hi ki - So sorry to read that you truly are in a bad place @ this time, my Friend. But I've always maintained that, in a way, it's to our advantage that bad things happen for good can only come from bad & unless we've experienced bad stuff, how can we appreciate the good stuff?!
But it does & will get better for you - & you are so lucky to have your boyfriend fighting your corner.
Everything will be right. It may take a wee while but the healing takes time & from time comes healing. I don't have any answers for you ki - Just an unshaken belief that our God is quite sneaky & there will be some mysterious reasons for this. But let your boyfriend in. He's obviously there to help fight the bad dreams & from winning that battle (which you will do!) will come your reward. I can tell, from the context of your words, that you have the strength & courage to do battle. And from there it's a walk in the park
If things still get tough before they get better, just PM me. It's no bother.
Take care; God bless; My prayers are with you both.
J+

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
thank you Pickles, that would be helpful i think
Im still looking, I think it was in Isaiah or psalms.
Im always a bit slow at this. :)
I m working on finding it for you though,for it was a blessing t me as well when I was having a time of many nightmares.

Still praying for you in Jesus.

God bless
pickles

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Yay! I found it.
I was looking in the wrong book.
Here it is.
proverbs 3:24
When you lie down, you will not be afraid;
when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet.

You may enjoy reading all of chaptor 3 as well.
I often will just read untill my heart is quiet again in Jesus. :)

God bless you ki.
pickles

S

shekaniah

Psalm 4:8
I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety.