Ex wife, and legal troubles

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
H

hattiebod

Let me ask you. If you would leave your husband, and went for full custody of your child, which the court awarded you then you refused the husband any contact with the child. You get the money every month which you go to bars, buy every pair of shoes you could, and buy your child a hamburger now and then. If the father would then send you a letter that stated,
"You have disallowed me any contact with my child, that I am paying through the nose for. Therefore, I am going to see a lawyer to see about relinquishing my parental rights, since I have no parental rights anyway. Then the child support would stop.

Further, I will not be responsible for any debts that you created."

Now imagine you are a vindictive, selfish, demanding and treacherous woman, and see that your flagrant and decadent lifestyle was coming to an end, what would you do?
When i read what you write above, i sense you have been deeply hurt. In answer to your question, I trust in my Lord Jesus Christ and in all things ask myself, what would He have me do? the above is very personal. There would have been complex reasons behind the courts descion and it is unlikley that either party in such a dispute could give an unbiased account of their own part in their marriages downfall. Sadly, the courts decided what was best for the children...at this time. I cannot imagine deliberately hurting the father of my children or my children but then 'there but for the grace of God go I'. We never know when our own lives will unravel. I know it happens and I know it is done by Christians to Christians and the emotional fall out is indescribable. However....we always need to be asking for forgiveness. Holding hatred in our hearts for anyone, seperates us from God. We need to repent of the part we played and if we cannot see it, ask for it to be shown to us because it always takes '2 to make a relationship' and '2 to break it'. We need to reepent and ask for forgiveness for ourselves, for our part in the anger and the hurt. It is only through this that restoration and healing can begin to take place. We have no control over others, just ourselves, so we need to focus on getting ourselves right with God. When we do, peace enters and then miracles begin to happen. Should a father pay for his children? Yes. If the mother then spends that on herself, well that is not the issue.The issue is parentral repsonsibility. If you focus on the injustice, percieved or otherwise, you will remain in pain and unforgiveness. You wiill build a prison of your own making and shut God out, your love for Him will grow cold and your heart grow hard. I pray you will sacrifice your need for 'justice' and lay your turmoil at the foot of the cross....it can seem impossibly hard....but it is the ONLY way. Bless you, In His Holy Name, <><

Feb 26, 2013
When i read what you write above, i sense you have been deeply hurt. In answer to your question, I trust in my Lord Jesus Christ and in all things ask myself, what would He have me do? the above is very personal. There would have been complex reasons behind the courts descion and it is unlikley that either party in such a dispute could give an unbiased account of their own part in their marriages downfall. Sadly, the courts decided what was best for the children...at this time. I cannot imagine deliberately hurting the father of my children or my children but then 'there but for the grace of God go I'. We never know when our own lives will unravel. I know it happens and I know it is done by Christians to Christians and the emotional fall out is indescribable. However....we always need to be asking for forgiveness. Holding hatred in our hearts for anyone, seperates us from God. We need to repent of the part we played and if we cannot see it, ask for it to be shown to us because it always takes '2 to make a relationship' and '2 to break it'. We need to reepent and ask for forgiveness for ourselves, for our part in the anger and the hurt. It is only through this that restoration and healing can begin to take place. We have no control over others, just ourselves, so we need to focus on getting ourselves right with God. When we do, peace enters and then miracles begin to happen. Should a father pay for his children? Yes. If the mother then spends that on herself, well that is not the issue.The issue is parentral repsonsibility. If you focus on the injustice, percieved or otherwise, you will remain in pain and unforgiveness. You wiill build a prison of your own making and shut God out, your love for Him will grow cold and your heart grow hard. I pray you will sacrifice your need for 'justice' and lay your turmoil at the foot of the cross....it can seem impossibly hard....but it is the ONLY way. Bless you, In His Holy Name, <><
It's been my observation that courts rarely get family matters right. It is never to keep a child away from either parent unless one is such a despicable human being that it would be obviously detrimental to the child. I don't sense that from the OP.

M

MidniteWelder

You fight for your rights at all cost under any circumstances because a person with nothing to lose can't
Peace Bro

Let me ask you. If you would leave your husband, and went for full custody of your child, which the court awarded you then you refused the husband any contact with the child. You get the money every month which you go to bars, buy every pair of shoes you could, and buy your child a hamburger now and then. If the father would then send you a letter that stated,
"You have disallowed me any contact with my child, that I am paying through the nose for. Therefore, I am going to see a lawyer to see about relinquishing my parental rights, since I have no parental rights anyway. Then the child support would stop.

Further, I will not be responsible for any debts that you created."

Now imagine you are a vindictive, selfish, demanding and treacherous woman, and see that your flagrant and decadent lifestyle was coming to an end, what would you do?