Examin the intentions of your heart

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
To search through the heart of man is a scary journey, because we encounter the parts of ourselves we fear. This is not so much as a warning but as for preparation. Examine the intentions of your heart and ask the lord to cleanse it now because whether or not the rapture happens we may not live another day.

What will you have to say if you got hit by a truck and stood before the lord? were you careful to seek his heart and live for his righteousness? I feel something big is coming, i don't know if it is the rapture or a war or what but i feel like this is the time to repent and cleanse our hearts or we will be too late. But for those of you who truly know what it means to have a loving relationship with the lord and have such a bond with him you have nothing to fear just keep seeking his heart like you do.
I have to constantly search my heart to make sure it only seeks him, I constantly am careful to stay on the narrow path and am constantly seeking to be just like my beloved Jesus. To make this clear this is nothing to boast about, because one who does this must also realize that he or she must become last in heaven and in earth. I am no where near to having the right heart to go before God if I died today but I know some of you are because I have seen your heart by your posts.

So even today I ask the lord to burn everything in us that isn't him, so look in your heart. act as if the rapture is about to happen because you just may die today or tomorrow.

G

GreenNnice

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalms 37:4

What does it mean to 'delight' ourselves in the Lord? Simple. Live your life so that God is pleased. It says in Isaiah 66:2 that God looks with pleasure and 'esteems' the one who both 'trembles at His word' and has a 'contrite heart.' Those things delight the Lord :)

Oct 31, 2011
I was reading a post by a man who was caught up in alcohol and cigarettes, and other posters trying to help him. They said to slowly give some up, and substitute other things. He said that he lived where that was the lifestyle, without them he would be all alone. I didn’t post that what was required was to take God as his friend the whole way, just a little here and there wouldn’t work. Neither he or the posters could hear that.

I went to a cease smoking meeting for a guy who was too sick to go, so I could tell him what they said. They said that cigarettes are the most wonderful tranquilizer there is, but that divides within minutes, and becomes a poison that causes nerves, with the only antidote more of the tranquilizer in the next cigarette. The only thing to do is to throw them all away. One only creates a craving for another it requires turning your back on them and walking away. Sounds like God telling us to turn around and walk towards Him.

What God wants from us is our whole self, heart, soul and strength. Just a little bit doesn’twork, like just one cigarette a day doesn’t work. It is all of us God wants. Every minute. In that is not only eternal life, but freedom abundance and joy.

Apr 24, 2013
i'd ask him why he's created a world in which all scripture refers to humanity as 'man'.

and lets not interpreting His ("HIS"?!) word for ourselves...

Apr 24, 2013
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalms 37:4

What does it mean to 'delight' ourselves in the Lord? Simple. Live your life so that God is pleased. It says in Isaiah 66:2 that God looks with pleasure and 'esteems' the one who both 'trembles at His word' and has a 'contrite heart.' Those things delight the Lord :)
i simply DO NOT have the self-confidence to say what God meant! 'what does he mean?' 'SIMPLE'!

REAALLLLY?!