Exchanging Relationship For Works part 2

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Noblemen

Jan 14, 2018
By Theresa Ferraro

When a Christian finally realizes—some after decades of trying—that no matter how hard he tries, everything he touches turns to dust, then he can come to understand what it is to die to oneself.

Paul says, “For I through
the law am dead to the law,
that I might live unto God”
(Gal. 2:19).

This is another concept I couldn’t understand—reckoning yourself dead. Another piece of the puzzle just snapped together in this latest revelation. When you find that all your efforts to perfect the flesh are fruitless, then you finally give up; and that is when you are ready to draw closer to God, curled up in a fetal position and say, It’s useless, God.
Nothing I do, not even my best effort, is any good. I have nothing to offer you.

Then God finally gets what He has wanted all along—a relationship with you. God wants you, each of us, to talk to Him, to hunger to really know Him (not just know facts about Him), read His Word and really listen to Him. When we focus on Him, seek Him, ask Him to make Himself
known to us, talk to Him throughout the day like we talk to the people we live with, we will find that He talks back. It’s true!

This world would have people
believe that those who think they hear God talking to them are delusional. He really does talk to us! What about living a Christian life?
It is still there, but it has a different
source, a different focus and a completely different life.

“This I say then, Walk in
the Spirit, and ye shall not
fulfil the lust of the flesh.
For the flesh lusteth
against the Spirit, and the
Spirit against the flesh:
and these are contrary the
one to the other: so that ye
cannot do the things that
ye would. But if ye be led of
the Spirit, ye are not under
the law” (Gal. 5:16–18).

Do we not trust that if we are in constant communication with our Father, He will lead us into a Christian lifestyle? When we fall in love, we tend to be distracted from all other areas of life. When we fall in love with our Father, we are then able to set everything else aside and just focus on Him.

He will put life together. He will provide. He will guide us through relationships. He will see us through the hard times. The ways of the flesh will fall away, especially as the Holy Spirit convicts us and teaches us Christ.
Then Christ can truly start living through us.

This may be a huge learning curve, and every one of us is on that learning curve. We can be understanding and empathetic toward others knowing that we are all learning Christ.

We can stop judging others, scrutinizing their Christian walks. We will not see perfection in those who are born again because they still have the tendencies of the flesh in their minds, but teaching the Christian life is done best by the Holy Spirit in God’s time. The book knowledge just leads the new believer to try to perform as expected.

The best Christian teaching humans can do is first to have an intimate Father-son relationship of their own. That will be a testimony in itself. Then we can point others to God and say,
“Seek Him; He is real! Talk
to Him and listen. Fall in
love with Him, and He will
take care of the rest.”

Sep 3, 2016
“23 The fear of the LORD tends to life: and he who has it shall abide satisfied; he shall not be visited with evil. (To love and serve the Lord Jesus Christ leads to an endless life of abiding bliss; not to do so results in everlasting misery.)” Proverbs 19:23

JSM

Sep 3, 2016
And he said to them all, If any man will come after Me (the criteria for Discipleship), let him deny himself (not asceticism as many think, but rather that one denies one's own willpower, self-will, strength, and ability, depending totally on Christ), and take up his cross (the benefits of the Cross, looking exclusively to what Jesus did there to meet our every need) daily (this is so important, our looking to the Cross; that we must renew our Faith in what Christ has done for us, even on a daily basis, for Satan will ever try to move us away from the Cross as the Object of our Faith, which always spells disaster), and follow Me (Christ can be followed only by the Believer looking to the Cross, understanding what it accomplished, and by that means alone [Rom. 6:3-5, 11, 14; 8:1-2, 11; 1 Cor. 1:17-18, 21, 23; 2:2; Gal. 6:14; Eph. 2:13-18; Col. 3:14-15]). Luke 9:23

For whosoever will save his life shall lose it (try to live one's life outside of Christ and the Cross): but whosoever will lose his life for My sake, the same shall save it (when we place our Faith entirely in Christ and the Cross, looking exclusively to Him, we have just found "more Abundant Life" [John 10:10]) Luke 9:24

As far as trying to do something as it concerns taking up the Cross daily, we are to do nothing. In fact, it was already done at Calvary some two thousand years ago. On a daily basis, we should reinforce our Faith in Christ and what He has done for us at the Cross (Rom. 6:3-5; 8:2, Gal. 2:20-21, Col. 2:10-15). This is the "Truth" which we must learn, act upon, and continue to act upon, which guarantees the help of the Holy Spirit.

Two kinds of peace
1. Justifying Peace - This is Peace with God, a legal standing. Rom. 8:7; Eph. 2:14-15
2. Sanctifying Peace - This is the Peace of God in the heart. Rom. 8:6; 14:19; 15:13; Gal. 1:3

The first is the result of a legal standing. The second is the result of the Work of the Holy Spirit. The first is static, never
fluctuates, the second changes almost from hour to hour. The first, every Christian has, the second, every Christian may have.

Sanctifying peace allows the Holy Spirit to deliver the Believer into the death of Christ so Christ life is manifested through the Believer (2 Cor. 4:11, Gal. 2:20-21, Romans 8:2; 13, John 14:21).

(Access granted - Mark 15:38, Hebrews 9:3) - The only way to God is through Jesus Christ (John 14:6)...the only way to Jesus Christ is by the Means of the Cross (Luke 14:27). The only way to the Cross is a denial of self (Luke 9:23). If any person tries to come any other way, Jesus says, "they are a thief and a robber" (John 10:1).

1. Jesus Christ is the source of all blessings.
2. The Cross is the means by which all blessings are given.
3. The object of our faith must be Christ and the Cross.
4. That being done, the Holy Spirit will greatly help us.

E

eternally-gratefull

What makes the best local group of believers and makes them a body of Christ with power?

A group of broken people of all backgrounds who are dependent 100 % on God and each other

Because God can use this group. Who continually pray for their mission, Each other, Gods guidance and live and fellowship in a way they get to know each other personally (not just a handshake and hello on sunday morning and evening in church)

If one of these people start to look to self. And takes his eyes off God. It is like yeast, and if it is not caught right away, sadly I have seen it tear groups apart. Because usually as the yeast spreads, others start to look after themselves. And the body crumbles

This is how satan infiltrates local bodies and tries to destroy them.