Expendable

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

Riffs

I am curious as to what people think about this. It may be a bit confusing and I may have to elaborate or expand later, but here is the general part of it.

I am 47, in good shape and God has blessed me with good jobs so I do live well. I consider myself expendable in the fact that if a situation arises, I will put myself in a position to protect everyone else. I even have gone as far as volunteer for various groups who rescue kidnapped people around the world. I would gladly sacrifice myself in order for them to be reunited with their loved ones.

Why would I do this? I have lived alone and been alone for many many years. I get rejected a lot and haven't had a date in over 6 years. I don't smoke, do drugs, cheat, lie or stuff like that. Basically I follow a solid Christian value but for some reason God has decided to keep me single. I wish I knew why but there is a reason He keeps me single. Though I get very sad over this, I don't blame God and I still keep trying. Though I have many sad nights, I get over it.

A

Aqua_Girl09

That reminds me of something a friend of mine said once before. he used to say all the time that he'd die in a heart beat for anyone of his friends.

then later he realized that the reason he said that was because he felt like his life wasn't worth anything over any one else. he felt like he was something that should be used to better someone else's life. maybe thats where you're at?

as for being single. keep in prayer. and ask for a peace in your heart. for things i know i can't do much about i always ask God to take control and give me a peace over it so that it doesn't grow and fester and turn into a despaire or bitterness.

God bless you.

F

FatnWeak

I sympathize with you, I am the same way, "I don't smoke, do drugs, cheat, lie or stuff like that. Basically I follow a solid Christian value " It's been really hard for me to find a mate since I have given my life to the Lord, recently I went on a date also and was rejected, it broke my heart a bit but considering the details it wasn't for me so I'm putting my trust on the Lord and saying He is saving me from a lot of troubles in the future. It was much easier meeting when I used to party but it involved a lot of what is mentioned above which is against God's will. I sometimes believe that He keeps us single for a reason, I know that being single I am a lot more flexible and therefore when someone needs help I can just get up and go, I do believe I have made an impact on some people's lives because I love to help people, I know I am doing the Lord's will. If finding someone right for you is what you desire, I will pray for the Lord to guide you in to finding that person, I love to pray for people and my greatest joy is to see people happy and it's what I want for you Brother. God bless you!

U

Ugly

Maybe because you're living the life He wants you to now, and you getting married would stop or limit what you're doing?