Extend amount of time for editing

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 5, 2011
I just started posting on this forum for the first time yesterday and started a second thread this morning. I didn't realize that this forum only allots 5 minutes for deleting once you post. I write alot on many different forums, and 5 minutes is by far the shortest alloted time of any forum that I'm familiar with.

I request that the administrators of this forum extend the editing time to at least an hour. Many forums give 24 hours and many others will allow you to edit a post for an unlimited time.

- Brad Watson, Miami

S

shekaniah

Yea, I once got a member mixed up with anothe memberr and called a he a she. I could'nt go back and edit. I had to feel bad every time I saw my post.
An hour would be nice, Or even to be able to put in a request for a correction by an administator. Thank you for your request.

A

AgeofKnowledge

We've all done that, of course. It's not going to change though. Options include not posting on the forum but just sharing in chat or learning to live with the five minute limit. Peace.

I just started posting on this forum for the first time yesterday and started a second thread this morning. I didn't realize that this forum only allots 5 minutes for deleting once you post. I write alot on many different forums, and 5 minutes is by far the shortest alloted time of any forum that I'm familiar with.

I request that the administrators of this forum extend the editing time to at least an hour. Many forums give 24 hours and many others will allow you to edit a post for an unlimited time.

- Brad Watson, Miami

Aug 25, 2011

- Brad Watson, Miami
Just started posting here and now your already requesting admin change the way they do things. Good luck with that!

S

shekaniah

It does not hurt to ask, if we keep on asking and it is the will of God it will be done, right? LOL

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
I hope people keep asking this because it bugs me too, and I have asked for it to be extended before.

Jun 5, 2011
Administrators & Moderators,

I run out of time on about 1/2 of my posts. Can you please extend the editing time to at least 10 minutes?! Thanks73.

- Brad Watson, Miami

Shilo

Aug 31, 2011
Administrators & Moderators,

I run out of time on about 1/2 of my posts. Can you please extend the editing time to at least 10 minutes?! Thanks73.

- Brad Watson, Miami
Me too, I know I should read it over before I post but do not always think about it. I think 10 mins or 15 mins would be great!

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010

- Brad Watson, Miami
I would LOVE that to happen...except, here's the problem...sometimes in debate forums things can get...problematic. and so if people could just edit within the last hour people could accuse them of changing their words or something along those lines.

S

shekaniah

Good point, maybe we could exclude the debate forums.

U

Ugly

There is no official 'debate' forum. They're just referring to threads that have debates.

S

shekaniah

I'm thinking of forums that would call for debate....the new member, prayer and testamony usely never have debates in them.

L

LynnJ

You might try using the "Preview Post" button before you click "Submit Reply." That way you can proofread your post before it is actually published, and I don't think there is a time limit in the Preview Post feature. I use it all the time, and it is extremely helpful.

B

Brandon777

Ok. I have a solution. I don't want to say I'm smart or anything, but I am. There's a loophole people. When it says you ran out of time, cut your message, delete it, and repost it.

S

Siberian_Khatru

Ok. I have a solution. I don't want to say I'm smart or anything, but I am. There's a loophole people. When it says you ran out of time, cut your message, delete it, and repost it.
It's not exactly a loophole. If one or more members post and take up your postings spot in the conversation, your initial post is then out of sync with the ebb and flow of the conversation; which would require additional editing. :)

I think a 1 hour window would suffice. 24 hours seems arbitrary and unnecessary. At that point, it may as well be unlimited.

I vote for the 1hour rule!

B

Brandon777

Well, being that I'm at that college age to be opinionated. I must throw an argument in favor of my said loophole. When I respond, I'm either responding to the original thread post, or I say what person I'm responding to, so it doesn't matter the order. :) I say. The loophole stands!

U

Ugly

According to mod responses of similar discussion, its not likely they will extend it. For the very reason Siberian pointed out, they don't want drastic changes made once the post has been up long enough to start garnering responses so that people can't alter their posts to such a degree that the responses that follow no longer make sense.
Also, the other reason given is they don't want people to be able to make inappropriate posts, such as a troll, and then be able to remove or alter them before a mod see's them.