facebook this plz: sinners prayer

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 11, 2011
Heavenly Father,
Have mercy on me, a sinner. I believe in you and that your word is true. I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of the living God and that he died on the cross so that I may now have forgiveness for my sins and eternal life.
I believe in my heart that You, Lord God, raised Him from the dead. Please Jesus forgive me, for every sin I have ever committed or done in my heart, cleanse me from all iniquity, please Lord Jesus forgive me and come into my heart as my personal Lord and Savior today. I need you to be my Father, Friend Lord and Master. I believe you are good and have all power and authority. I submit to you alone and ask you to enlighten my heart and mind and give me understanding and wisdom. I trust you and turn away from evil. I also choose to forgive others, because I do not want evil from my past to affect my new life with you. I want good relations with people.

I give you my life and ask you to take full control from this moment on; I pray fill me with your love and wisdom and baptise me with the Holy Spirit to teach and guide and comfort and help me allways. help me cope with life now and guide me to the life you want me to have for your honour. deliver me from all evil and let Your will be done on earth and in my life, as it is done in heaven. provide for me safety, food and shelter, good friends and Help me see myself in the loving way you see me. keep me from from deception and temptation. Take away all fear and condemnation and doubt. give me faith. I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ and receive you into my life and accept forgiveness and love and all other gifts you choose to give me. Amen. so be it.

S

Slepsog4

There is absolutely zero evidence that anyone in the book of Acts was ever told to utter a prayer for initial salvation. Please give biblical justification for such a practice.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved

Acts 2:21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

There are some like this in the OT also I think but I cannot recall them.

God Bless You

Jul 25, 2011
There is absolutely zero evidence that anyone in the book of Acts was ever told to utter a prayer for initial salvation. Please give biblical justification for such a practice.
# 1 What makes the book of Acts the soul source of doctrine concerning church age salvation?

# 2 biblical justification:

Psalms 51:1 *¶<<To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David, when Nathan the prophet came unto him, after he had gone in to Bathsheba.>> Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.
2 *Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
3 *For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.
4 *Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.
5 *Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.
6 *Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.
7 *¶Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
8 *Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.
9 *Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.
10 *Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
11 *Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
12 *Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.
13 *Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.
14 *¶Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness.
15 *O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise.
16 *For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.
17 *The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.
18 *Do good in thy good pleasure unto Zion: build thou the walls of Jerusalem.
19 *Then shalt thou be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness, with burnt offering and whole burnt offering: then shall they offer bullocks upon thine altar.

Psalms 31:1 In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness.

Jul 25, 2011
Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved

Acts 2:21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

There are some like this in the OT also I think but I cannot recall them.

God Bless You
Agreed on this one - Amen!

Jan 14, 2010
did Christ say "say a sinner's prayer, for the Kingdom is at hand"?...

nope. Christ said to repent and to obey... not say a prayer.
and Psalm 51 is a beautiful illustration of just that

Aug 12, 2010
I am absolutely against any kind of 'sinners prayer'.

It is false salvation and has led many away from truth.

Real salvation can only happen by TRULY KNOWING JESUS and confessing Him Lord.

That means understanding the Gospel.

You cant do that by reciting a man made prayer that sounds like scripture BUT IS NOT!

zone

Jun 13, 2010

You cant do that by reciting a man made prayer that sounds like scripture BUT IS NOT!
ya gotta hear the Bad News (Law) first.
otherwise what's Good News?

E

eternally-gratefull

Sinners prayer is absolutely useless if someone does not know their need for God because of their sin. Realise they are totally without hope. rightly condemned. and without Christ are doomed to an eternity apart from God.

One can not truly call out to God unless they really need him. They must truly believe in their heart that what he promised they not only need they can't live without. This takes repentance. and as Zone said, the law.

otherwise what you have is a bunch of people who think they are saved, because they said a few words. But no changed life.

Jan 26, 2009
i don have any issues wid sinners prayer, i know it has no value unless a person is convicted and repents of their sin and out of that conviction and beleif in his heart that one confesses Jesus as Lord,it at least gives a start,cuz wen God first started convicting me in ma house of ma sin only the prayer i could relate and tak to God was the sinners prayer..
I know there has been lota garbage going on abt puttin our trust on this lil prayer that will save em wid out a change in heart i understand that,but in the other hand God is mercyful if its done wid a genuine heart and deep conviction i see nothin rong in it

May 21, 2009
Father God help this person Jesus aman!

May 21, 2009
Heavenly Father,
Have mercy on me, a sinner. I believe in you and that your word is true. I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of the living God and that he died on the cross so that I may now have forgiveness for my sins and eternal life.
I believe in my heart that You, Lord God, raised Him from the dead. Please Jesus forgive me, for every sin I have ever committed or done in my heart, cleanse me from all iniquity, please Lord Jesus forgive me and come into my heart as my personal Lord and Savior today. I need you to be my Father, Friend Lord and Master. I believe you are good and have all power and authority. I submit to you alone and ask you to enlighten my heart and mind and give me understanding and wisdom. I trust you and turn away from evil. I also choose to forgive others, because I do not want evil from my past to affect my new life with you. I want good relations with people.

I give you my life and ask you to take full control from this moment on; I pray fill me with your love and wisdom and baptise me with the Holy Spirit to teach and guide and comfort and help me allways. help me cope with life now and guide me to the life you want me to have for your honour. deliver me from all evil and let Your will be done on earth and in my life, as it is done in heaven. provide for me safety, food and shelter, good friends and Help me see myself in the loving way you see me. keep me from from deception and temptation. Take away all fear and condemnation and doubt. give me faith. I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ and receive you into my life and accept forgiveness and love and all other gifts you choose to give me. Amen. so be it.

Thank you!!!!..................

Aug 12, 2010
Father God help this person Jesus aman!
Where ever there is error....

Where ever there is funky doctrine...

Where ever there is unbiblical understanding...

She's there...

da da daaaaaaaaaa...

It's Super Linda!

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011

I think the sinners prayer provides the right sentiment for repentance. I didn't know the Lord or really understand the Gospel until I started praying. So I say you can't have real salvation until you ask for it, or pray. And truly knowing the Lord Jesus is a whole lifetime event. I learn more and more about the Lord all the time.

Do I think a sinners prayer saves everyone? Only the Lord knows the heart and only the Lord decides.

Aug 12, 2010
I think the sinners prayer provides the right sentiment for repentance. I didn't know the Lord or really understand the Gospel until I started praying. So I say you can't have real salvation until you ask for it, or pray. And truly knowing the Lord Jesus is a whole lifetime event. I learn more and more about the Lord all the time.

Do I think a sinners prayer saves everyone? Only the Lord knows the heart and only the Lord decides.
Do you think that some people simply say the sinners prayer and think they're saved Gramps?

Dont you think its a better idea to advise people to hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ, before they confess Him Lord and Saviour?

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
Do you think that some people simply say the sinners prayer and think they're saved Gramps?

Dont you think its a better idea to advise people to hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ, before they confess Him Lord and Saviour?

Yes, to both questions. I said a sinners prayer when I was around 12 yrs old and I basically thought that was all there was to it. You know, check, I'm glad I got THAT out of the way... It wasn't until about 20yrs later that I started getting a nagging feeling that there was more to it than that. Sometimes I'm a little slow, lol.

Just for clarification I didn't want anyone to think that the sinners prayer was bad in and of itself. The consequences of thinking that's all there is to it is bad. But basically every prayer I've ever uttered has been a sinners prayer.

S

Slepsog4

The expression "call on the name of the Lord" is NOT about prayer. In Romans 10 the chapter begins by addressing BRETHREN.
Acts 2:21 is followed by the rest of the sermon which was interrupted and when asked what they needed to do, peter did not requote the phrase, rather he told them to repent and be baptized for the forgiveness of their sins (v. 38).

Psalm 51 was written by one who was ALREADY part of God's covenant people of the time. It is not about the initial salvation of a lost person.

N

Nalu

Well said, only the Lord know's the heart, and only the Lord make's the final decision.

The best man can do is debate and speculate.

Last edited:
A

Abiding

Where ever there is error....

Where ever there is funky doctrine...

Where ever there is unbiblical understanding...

She's there...

da da daaaaaaaaaa...

It's Super Linda!

according to the american version...you left out a...da