Facebook

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jullianna

How has Facebook affected your dating/social life?

N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

I didnt have a dating life before or after facebook

Sooooooo i'd say its all about the same

:D

J

Jullianna

You crack me up girl! hahahaha!

L

Liz01

Actually i joined fb because all my school friends were there and didnt affect dating life but afftected very much my social life because im in contact with ppl that i know since i was a child.

B

Boanerges

Well, everybody see like I am a freak when I say "I don't have facebook"

Jun 15, 2011
I gave up on facebook when I figured out it was the devil's work. Or to put it another way, its all about Mark Zuckerberg and the coming world government's attempts to gain as much information about people as possible.

In the early days of facebook I did notice something about it regarding dating. I was easily able to find lots of girls on facebook I had casually met once or twice and noticed their relationship status of in a relationship with so and so. Then I would completely forget them. After a bit I started to think that there is something really stupid about it. Namely that where I live there has always been a sort of "don't ask, don't tell" rule about "boyfriends". A boyfriend is not the same as a husband and can mean any different length of time from one week of dating to 5 years or more and doesn't necessarily mean anything. The rule was always don't ask a girl directly if she has a boyfriend but talk to her and if she feels the need to tell you such, then move on, if not remember that women are like monkies, they won't let go of one vine until they have a hold of another.... so she might even have a boyfriend, but if she doesn't let you know, you're free to keep trying. Facebook changed this rule with girls making public announcements of such for all to see and placed boyfriends closer to husbands with a public record of such. Actually, my last checks of facebook seemed to suggest girls had more figured this out and were much less likely to put up their relationship status. But there was at least four or five girls I had met that gave no indication to me that they were anything but single who I never tried with because of their facebook accounts.

cozy

Jan 18, 2010
I use it as a means of ministry as well as just the social part. I have friends/family all over the world so it's a great source for general contact and updates.

I post scriptures or encouragement. You can tell when someone is masking pain or outright crying in pain just by what they write. Posts give me great prayer requests

J

Jullianna

I feel the same way, cozy. It's important to pay attention, huh? :)

Jul 25, 2005
I've basically chosen who I'm going to go out with next based on how geeky she looks on facebook. Really geeky, I love it.

H

Hisecho

Facebook has effected my social life by allowing me to encourage others from home through the stokes of keys. God says to do ALL things for His glory and there is definitely a benifit for witnessing via it.

Liamson

Feb 3, 2010
women are like monkies, they won't let go of one vine until they have a hold of another.... so she might even have a boyfriend, but if she doesn't let you know, you're free to keep trying.
In my experience this is true, unfortunately.

Somewhere in my Tome of rules. I have one about women who have never really been single.

Facebook.... is ?

I dunno. For me its cryptic to the people who know the code and casual for people who don't.

K

kayem77

I don't use facebook for dating, just for my friends and family, I don't accept strangers requests. It has helped me to re-connect with some old friends and people in my family who live far away.

B

buckeyegirl700

I joined facebook to stay connected with friends and family. I have not had any dating experiences on facebook. My friends and family are the only people I associate with. I did have this man that I didn't know send me a message and friend request for me to add him to yahoo messenger so that we could get to know each other better and see what happens. Needless to say he was blocked.

T

thimsrebma

Has anyone seen the new Toyota Venza commercial where the girl is talking about her parents who only have 19 FB friends and then she says she has 600 something. So while she as at home on FB they are out having a good time with their real friends. Its so funny.

‪Toyota Venza Parents Facebook 2011 Commercial‬‏ - YouTube

FB hasnt changed my dating life at all but it has enabled me to communicate with old high school friends. My 10yr reunion is coming up next May and I was contacted last week about helping to plan with about 8 other people. I think FB can be a good tool to connect with people for specific purposes. But on the other hand I think some sociial networks may help to dissillusion us about what friendship is. We add people and call them oyr "frineds" but are they really. I probably only have a handful of fiends on FB. The others are just some people I know from some place in the past.