Faith Upholds the Law!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 11, 2012
Pro 4:20 My son, listen to my words; bow down your ear to my sayings.
Pro 4:21 Let them not depart from your eyes; keep them in the midst of your heart.
Pro 4:22 For they are life to those who find them, and health to all his flesh.
Pro 4:23 Keep your heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Many warnings in scripture on how to guard your heart, God doesnt do it for us, we do it because we love and fear Him.
We overcome through the word and its power, its is life and bread to those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, abstaining from the popular things of the world, and standing against them isn't legalism, but the spirit working in your life!

jandian

Feb 12, 2011
James 5:
19 Brethren, if anyone among you wanders from the truth, and someone turns him back, 20 let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul[f] from death and cover a multitude of sins.

Feb 11, 2012
So if I am reading you right: We are not saved by our deeds. However, if we have genuine faith, the natural result will be godly deeds and a desire to follow God. Is that what you're saying? If so, I'm in 100% agreement.
According to your Deeds:
who “will render to each one according to his deeds”: eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality; but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness—indignation and wrath, Rom2:6-8

(Also Check: Matt12:37, 16:27, Jh5:28-29, 2Cor5:10, 1Pet1:17, Rev2:23, 22:11-14)

Please read all the scriptures here, what does the scripture say to you?

You will be judged by your deeds, such a heart purity, obedience to the truth, walking the steps of faith and keeping pure and holy before God.

Faith alone teaching is dead faith, read about Abrahams faith, and most of all get away from the false teachers who tell you your deeds wont determine your salvation!

The scripture above makes that crystal clear!

T

Tombo

Pro 4:20 My son, listen to my words; bow down your ear to my sayings.
Pro 4:21 Let them not depart from your eyes; keep them in the midst of your heart.
Pro 4:22 For they are life to those who find them, and health to all his flesh.
Pro 4:23 Keep your heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Many warnings in scripture on how to guard your heart, God doesnt do it for us, we do it because we love and fear Him.
We overcome through the word and its power, its is life and bread to those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, abstaining from the popular things of the world, and standing against them isn't legalism, but the spirit working in your life!
You really should change your screen name to Tommy4Tommy. Jesus really means nothing to you, you trust only in yourself. It's been disturbing to see you and your fellow save-your-selfers distort the Word and cast Christ away. You will have to face God one day with either Jesus' righteousness or your own. I truly mourn that you will be cast away as one "Christ never knew."
I will keep you in my prayers, I know that God can work the impossible.

Tom

jandian

Feb 12, 2011
Galatians 6:

Brethren, if a man is overtaken in any trespass, you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you also be tempted.
2 Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.
3 For if anyone thinks himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself.
4 But let each one examine his own work, and then he will have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another.
5 For each one shall bear his own load.
6 Let him who is taught the word share in all good things with him who teaches.
7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.
8 For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.
9 And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.
10 Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith.