Faith...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 6, 2020
Why Faith in God?

Faith is found in going and finding out.
Evidence that dictates greater future expectation.
Evidence of things hoped for based things experienced so far.

Like two points can be extrapolated into a line so our experiences also set our expectations.
Everyone operates in faith all of the time! The sum of our experiences along with our own nature is both the source and the object of our faith by default.
That is to say faith is connected to who we are and our experiences of others and the expectations they establish in us.

So why is it so hard for some people to have faith?

Faith itself rests in the singularity of a person, a soundness, a solidness of the expression of self.
To the extent that you are true and unchanging with nothing hidden of who you are inside, informs your expectation of everyone else. It directly impacts the extent that faith is a possibility for you.

When you cease to be concerned with how you are seen in the eyes of others, when you reject conforming yourself to your designs or the expectations of others and become focused on being who you really are inside your capacity for expecting others to be reliably the same is increased.

It is a step of Faith in God to be willing to see ourselves.
To judge ourselves to be who we really are is how we are not judged before God.
It is those who continue to fake a false positive self image before God and man that continue to feel the weight of judgment hanging overhead.

But if you being wrong, stand before God and judge the motives of your own heart as wrong and worthy of judgment in agreement with God. A funny things happens, you just became right in your judgment of yourself and avoid God having to come and do it for you.

Gods ways are not like the worlds.

To feel good about yourself does not start with a positive self image pasted on top of our not so positive realities. But rather in entering into agreement with God about our condition and finding grace to help in place of the guilt and expectation of judgment we carry within ourselves.

Jul 6, 2020
The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.

- Deuteronomy 31:8

oyster67

May 24, 2014
things hoped for based things experienced so far.
According to Bible, based on things not seen.

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Jul 6, 2020

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Yes. It is the unseen that you have evidence to expect. It is the evidence of that which is unseen.
No one puts their faith in a liar to tell the truth. Because their is no evidence to give any substance to faith.

We gets lost in our heads is when we get too far away from the context of creation.
How did God make faith work in our daily life and how does faith work between people in healthy relationships.
Faith in God is not some unknown mystical magical thing that floats around in our spiritual thinking as some abstract thought.
we need to reconnect to humanity and creation in his image and likeness anchor it to God design of revealing himself his character and nature through is Creation.

Do you have faith in the word of a friend?
Do you have faith in the word of a cop?
A stranger?
Why? How does that work?
All the things that are going on there.
Those things are the same way with God.

In truth much of faith depends on your own heart.
To the pure all things are pure is very much a statement about faith.
The faith of a child, coming as a little child. That is the standard of faith

Gods things are simple. We mess them up and make it complicated.
If you cant explain it to a three and one half year old you really don't have a proper handle on it.
That's my 2 cents and i'm always look to get change.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Definitely not. Only in God and His Word. We need to be basing faith on the correct kind of evidence: fruit evidence. His Spirit bears witness to mine that His Word is true.

May 31, 2020
Gods things are simple. We mess them up and make it complicated. If you cant explain it to a three and one half year old you really don't have a proper handle on it. That's my 2 cents and i'm always look to get change.
Amen. Never overlook the simplicity of Christ.

E

EleventhHour

Yes. It is the unseen that you have evidence to expect. It is the evidence of that which is unseen.
No one puts their faith in a liar to tell the truth. Because their is no evidence to give any substance to faith.

We gets lost in our heads is when we get too far away from the context of creation.
How did God make faith work in our daily life and how does faith work between people in healthy relationships.
Faith in God is not some unknown mystical magical thing that floats around in our spiritual thinking as some abstract thought.
we need to reconnect to humanity and creation in his image and likeness anchor it to God design of revealing himself his character and nature through is Creation.

A stranger?
Why? How does that work?

If you cant explain it to a three and one half year old you really don't have a proper handle on it.
It is not about the level of understanding of the child, but rather the openness of the child to receive.

Jul 6, 2020
Definitely not. Only in God and His Word. We need to be basing faith on the correct kind of evidence: fruit evidence. His Spirit bears witness to mine that His Word is true.
Ok, so all those things that went into you not putting your faith in a cop are how faith works or not.
The same thing apply in regards to Faith in God just hopefully with a different conclusion.
Do you know and recognize (discern the spirit of) the voice of the spirit of God. Do you have any reason (evidence) not to believe the testimony of this Spirit, do you have any reason (evidence) to believe in it even when what it says remains unseen, unknown to you.

All I am saying is that Faith works how faith works. Its something you already know and already do and have been doing all of your life, just not always towards God and for a time against him.

It is why the scriptures say "Taste and see, the lord is good"
We can put a little faith in that and find out and start moving from faith to faith.

You hear my testimony about faith and you don't know if you should accept it or not because you don't know me or my way of life.
But if you hear the spirit testify to some of what I am saying perhaps just a little faith is warranted.
Enough faith at the testimony of a brother in Christ to take what I am saying to God and ask him if its true.
I have faith that if we all did this more often we would have a lot more unity and greater fellowship and be correct of both heart and mind regarding Gods things.

E

EleventhHour

A stranger?
Why? How does that work?

And what exactly would you tell a three year old?

Jul 6, 2020
And what exactly would you tell a three year old?
About what? Faith?

Faith is when your dad or your mom say something and you know it is going to happen.

You know it is going to happen because they love you and you know its true.
You know because when they say things its true because they don't lie.
You know because they work hard to make it happen with all their strength.

When God says something you can put your faith in Him because He is the strongest to make everything happen and he loves you so much that we was willing to be punished for when you where bad, and pay for the things you broke....

Or something like that.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Why Faith in God?

Faith is found in going and finding out.
Evidence that dictates greater future expectation.
Evidence of things hoped for based things experienced so far.

Like two points can be extrapolated into a line so our experiences also set our expectations.
Everyone operates in faith all of the time! The sum of our experiences along with our own nature is both the source and the object of our faith by default.
That is to say faith is connected to who we are and our experiences of others and the expectations they establish in us.

Faith itself rests in the singularity of a person, a soundness, a solidness of the expression of self.
To the extent that you are true and unchanging with nothing hidden of who you are inside, informs your expectation of everyone else. It directly impacts the extent that faith is a possibility for you.

When you cease to be concerned with how you are seen in the eyes of others, when you reject conforming yourself to your designs or the expectations of others and become focused on being who you really are inside your capacity for expecting others to be reliably the same is increased.

It is a step of Faith in God to be willing to see ourselves.
To judge ourselves to be who we really are is how we are not judged before God.
It is those who continue to fake a false positive self image before God and man that continue to feel the weight of judgment hanging overhead.

But if you being wrong, stand before God and judge the motives of your own heart as wrong and worthy of judgment in agreement with God. A funny things happens, you just became right in your judgment of yourself and avoid God having to come and do it for you.

Gods ways are not like the worlds.

To feel good about yourself does not start with a positive self image pasted on top of our not so positive realities. But rather in entering into agreement with God about our condition and finding grace to help in place of the guilt and expectation of judgment we carry within ourselves.
There are two different kinds of faiths that are taught in the scriptures. Faith of the unregenerate, which is faith in mankind and his accomplishments. Then there is faith of the regenerated, which is a faith in spiritual things. This spiritual faith is given as a gift from God, and comes as a fruit of the Holy Spirit which is given in the new spiritual birth.

Jul 6, 2020
There are two different kinds of faiths that are taught in the scriptures. Faith of the unregenerate, which is faith in mankind and his accomplishments. Then there is faith of the regenerated, which is a faith in spiritual things. This spiritual faith is given as a gift from God, and comes as a fruit of the Holy Spirit which is given in the new spiritual birth.
Same thing... Faith. Placed differently taking you in different directions.
One your faith placed in self and its reason the other your faith placed in God who is love.

Not two different kinds of faith. just using the God given faith that He gave to all men a measure.

Mar 28, 2016
I would offer two kinds. Faith as a work .And "no faith", no work .

Deuteronomy 32:20 And he said, I will hide my face from them, I will see what their end shall be: for they are a very froward generation, children in whom is no faith.

Froward generation or called the evil generation. Those who seek after a sign before they will beleive. .Seeing is believing to natural unconverted mankind . The I'm from Missouri kind. Out of sight out of mind pagan foundation (No faith from God)

Faith in the bible is subject to faith of God's a labor of His love that works in us to both will and do the good pleasure of Him. . Not ours that we could offer up towards him ."Dead faith"

Mar 28, 2016
Same thing... Faith. Placed differently taking you in different directions.
One your faith placed in self and its reason the other your faith placed in God who is love.

Not two different kinds of faith. just using the God given faith that He gave to all men a measure.
Yes, the golden measure. Not the measure of man (the flesh) no faith.

E

EleventhHour

About what? Faith?

Faith is when your dad or your mom say something and you know it is going to happen.

You know it is going to happen because they love you and you know its true.
You know because when they say things its true because they don't lie.
You know because they work hard to make it happen with all their strength.

When God says something you can put your faith in Him because He is the strongest to make everything happen and he loves you so much that we was willing to be punished for when you where bad, and pay for the things you broke....

Or something like that.
How would explain the Gospel to a three old since you seem to think a three year old mind can grasp the Gospel?

Jul 6, 2020
How would explain the Gospel to a three old since you seem to think a three year old mind can grasp the Gospel?
Well you clearly are prejudging this and not seeing the gospel message all but completely laid out it what I already said about faith.

I would add.
Jesus did that so God could come and make you like Him and like Jesus instead of punish you, so you can do good and not bad anymore and live with God in his house with everybody else who does good and is like God as one big family forever.

E

EleventhHour

Well you clearly are prejudging this and not seeing the gospel message all but completely laid out it what I already said about faith.

I would add.
Jesus did that so God could come and make you like Him and like Jesus instead of punish you, so you can do good and not bad anymore and live with God in his house with everybody else who does good and is like God as one big family forever.
I took a look at your website .. I see why you cannot answer my question.

Nowhere do you even mention a Savior, Christ Jesus in your OP

Ephesians 2:8

by grace you saved through faith apart from works.... faith is in the Saviour.

E

EleventhHour

Amen!

And that hope is a certain hope... not just wishing.

That hope tied to faith is so sure within us it can be like the wind we cannot see it but we know its presence.

Mar 28, 2016

A three year old mind can believe things he does not see. Imagining things that can cause wonder. Faith as a law coming from God removes the wondering. I think God could develop a trust while in the womb. The milk of the word is needed. It teaches us our gracious God is good. Builds strong bones of faith .

Psalm 139:13 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.

1 Peter 2:2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:

Titus2:11-12 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

Prycejosh1987

Jul 19, 2020
Faith is hard when it is self denial and requires great sacrifice, which is what Jesus is saying we should do. It can be hard for someone to keep up what they can see for things that they cannot.