False Assumptions

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jullianna

Do people, especially people you date, often make false assumptions about you when they first meet you? What are they?

What would even people who think they know you well be surprised to learn about you?

M

Matthew

Do people, especially people you date, often make false assumptions about you when they first meet you? What are they?
The assumption usually precedes the dating......hence my lack of dating ;)

For me it's generally two things, that I'm boring and that I somehow consider myself 'better', and both assumptions stem from (1) I am fairly subdue until I know someone well and (2) I don't enjoy many common activites, such as drinking, dancing, fancy dress and most overtly 'fun' things.

What would even people who think they know you well be surprised to learn about you?
I think the only thing that would surprise peole is that I write poetry, it's a fairly recent thing but having never written or expressed myself in any literary form I think most people who know me would be surprised by it, but once they knew I think that they would start to think that it makes sense, after all they must assume I do something with my time.

K

kayem77

When I first meet people, they sometimes, not always, get the false assumption that I'm smarter than I really am.. It depends on where I meet people, some people assume that I'm alwaaaaays happy and energetic, and sometimes they assume I'm too serious( probably if you met me in school).

People that know me would be surprised that I like to draw sometimes, and enjoy my moments of solitude.

B

babarainbowsheep

That Im wierd (that may be true ;) )
Im stupid (that may be true for "my person but not who I am as soul that would really, really reaaly suprise them to know) But still suffered the pain of "stupidity" which humbles me and makes me understand better.I had a University maths teacher access me who was truly shocked at the levels I was on as had been told I was on a much lower level and "theres no hope for her" but she ended up telling me to stop because how I was counting was beyond even her knowledge.
I was actually tortured and told Im retarded daily and told they make sure I never have children and have me as their dog, their retard and other things to horrible to write abouthere, sadistic sm against my will, rape of soul etc.Went on many years and I am shocked at what happened and how horrible they are.

They would be suprised to know that usually I can help them and serve them if they just "give me a chance" and "let me"

They would be suprised about everything regarding me probably because most do make false assumprions about me.
They dont know what Ive been through and experiences and painful past Ive had which helped "form me" "make me" in a way...
They make false assumptions about everything
Also cause had lies spread about me or making look like I was in wrong when was complex long truth and story behnd (this is those that tortured me)
They were sadists, lusty, enjoyed seeing me curled locked up etc Its something I wont write of though here.(but it was bad and is to long to explain)
This is why I now think there are truly ugly souls that need jesus as beautytherapist, because of them....

To me in contact with someone its important to try establish a soulful, spiritual communication with their true self which can be different to the person they are showing outward...maybe they smile but if you hear their soul they cry........

Aug 2, 2009
That Im wierd (that may be true ;) )
Im stupid (that may be true for "my person but not who I am as soul that would really, really reaaly suprise them to know) But still suffered the pain of "stupidity" which humbles me and makes me understand better.I had a University maths teacher access me who was truly shocked at the levels I was on as had been told I was on a much lower level and "theres no hope for her" but she ended up telling me to stop because how I was counting was beyond even her knowledge.
I was actually tortured and told Im retarded daily and told they make sure I never have children and have me as their dog, their retard and other things to horrible to write abouthere, sadistic sm against my will, rape of soul etc.Went on many years and I am shocked at what happened and how horrible they are.

They would be suprised to know that usually I can help them and serve them if they just "give me a chance" and "let me"

They would be suprised about everything regarding me probably because most do make false assumprions about me.
They dont know what Ive been through and experiences and painful past Ive had which helped "form me" "make me" in a way...
They make false assumptions about everything
Also cause had lies spread about me or making look like I was in wrong when was complex long truth and story behnd (this is those that tortured me)
They were sadists, lusty, enjoyed seeing me curled locked up etc Its something I wont write of though here.(but it was bad and is to long to explain)
This is why I now think there are truly ugly souls that need jesus as beautytherapist, because of them....

To me in contact with someone its important to try establish a soulful, spiritual communication with their true self which can be different to the person they are showing outward...maybe they smile but if you hear their soul they cry........
Victoria, I can tell by your posts that you are very intelligent and also have a beautiful soul. The type of beauty that is rarely seen. I think people who have suffered greatly somehow tap into a greater sense of beauty and understanding than the rest of us and you seem to prove that point. Thank God that through it all you somehow found trust in the Lord. Many would have gone the other way and cursed God instead or denied His existence. God bless you.

B

babarainbowsheep

Thankyou Zeroturbulence :)

God Bless you also

I am blessed for Jesus came to me
I thought who would beleive me that this happened...... noone would beleive me that it actually happened but God knows and I know Jesus understands and is with me.
I am so blessed he came to me.
He was always there my whole life.Had stigmatha etc as child (without blood just feel) but cause was raised by atheists it took so many yrs to embrace the Lord as I now have.I never denied it but I never truly embraced the Lord as I should of.
Now he has comento my life so many times and so evidentely and I feel it, know it with all my heart and soul.
Jesus I am yours.

Aug 2, 2009
Thankyou Zeroturbulence :)

God Bless you also

I am blessed for Jesus came to me
I thought who would beleive me that this happened...... noone would beleive me that it actually happened but God knows and I know Jesus understands and is with me.
I am so blessed he came to me.
He was always there my whole life.Had stigmatha etc as child (without blood just feel) but cause was raised by atheists it took so many yrs to embrace the Lord as I now have.I never denied it but I never truly embraced the Lord as I should of.
Now he has comento my life so many times and so evidentely and I feel it, know it with all my heart and soul.
Jesus I am yours.
Thats amazing, Victoria. I really wish I knew you in real life. I would love a chance to chat with you about God and about life. God bless you.

Gabriel

p.s. I'm sorry if I've derailed the thread a bit. :)

Last edited:
J

Jullianna

Feel free to derail any thread I make with the praises of God!!!!!!!!!!! :) :):)

Pheonix

Jan 17, 2007
all the time Julianna

B

babarainbowsheep

Beautiful name; Gabriel :)
Thankyou

Blessed be those who can see through assumptions and see the true us in heart and soul which is more than the person seen or spoken of...
Maybe in my younger yrs I made assumptions about people sometimes also but things are not always as they seem......

Good that God knows us truly and deeply and can see our souls which is more than the person that cant be seen it truth sometimes as a smile may be a cry or shyness or social anxiety might make a person clumsy and the list goes on...

Love bomb to you all
/V

G

GreenNnice

I don't know how false they are but certainly a lot of girls have assumptions about me. I stand pat with this: I would be married by now IF God wanted me married. (Hey, I think I just answered (killed) dotcom0's question too with that, uh, stone :) )

Where are some birds, lemme at 'em !!! :D
---
But, yeah, I probably scare girls with the way I dress. I am not very caring about what I wear most of the time, but I am,when I want to be, able to match up myself to the nines . I don't necessarily speak comfortably around girls, they could get the wrong impression from that too, because I have spoken to big crowds in large settings and received much applause. I can only hope that after I spoke there was as Max Lucado's book says, applause from Heaven too. :)

Last edited by a moderator: