False Human Claims Why?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

TheGospelSaves

Why do people claim they have out of body experiences and say they have died and gone to Heaven or Died and gone to Hell and then came back? This is not Biblical or logical people read the story of Lazarus and ever since been making up stories trying to use that scripture as biblical support Just like Pentacostals and their speaking in tounges and The Oneness belief and NOT the Trinity which is clearly taught in the bible Jesus is Seperate from the Father.

Does the bible NOT say this....................

(Hebrews 9:27) And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Why then to people talk about these false out of body exp?

L

lightbliss

What's wrong with speaking in tongues?

T

TheGospelSaves

I dont believe Tounges are around anymore! The word "Unknown" Tounges is in Italics havent you noticed that? That is because Theologist added that, its not FOUND in the Original Greek! It was an Unknown Language to the person speaking it but known to the person hearing it. I dont believe in Tounges its done away with.

S

Saint

I dont believe Tounges are around anymore! The word "Unknown" Tounges is in Italics havent you noticed that? That is because Theologist added that, its not FOUND in the Original Greek! It was an Unknown Language to the person speaking it but known to the person hearing it. I dont believe in Tounges its done away with.
So when Paul encourages us to speak in tounges, he was just joshing us? just because the word "unknown" isn't wasn't originally used doesn't mean the subject it is describing did not. We are told in 1 Corinthians 13 that it is possible to speak in the tongues of angels, we see in many passages of the new testiment that we are encouraged to speak in tongues, and to say that tongues is a dead language is to say that something that is apart of the Spirit is now dead. And since there is no place in the Bible that says that tongues do not exist, all of your evidence is based on your own personal experiences, and not the Bible.

C

charisenexcelcis

If you read I Corinth (and ignore the word "unknown") you will find that glossalia is being contrasted with the words being understood by the hearer, not the speaker.

May 21, 2009
If you read the bible you see that people did indeed go places in their spirits. And they still do.

G

giantone

You would think that if they had guidelines about not speaking in tongues in church that it would still be going on, let alone my Bible doesn't say it ever ended. But even if it did and those of us that do believe we have the gift, if we have pure motives for speaking in tongues as individuals God will know. Because some do not. Faith works through love, faith is what you believe. And some people have evil faith and use it for evil purposes.

R

Ricke

Speaking in tongues is one of the 9 gifts given by having The Holy Ghost/ Holy Spirit. It is still in operation everyday even now.

There are two types of Tongue Speaking.;

1. Tongues, which like on The Day of Pentecost they did, whereby they spoke in others native language , when the person speaking normally could not understand that language, let Alone speak it fluently.

2. Unknown Tongues. This is a language known only unto God. It is for always edifying or glorifying God. It is a sign that The Holy Ghost is within the Person Speaking. It does not mean, if you don't speak in Unknown Tongues that you don't have The Holy Ghost. Some God uses in this manner, some not.

It is a "sign" only, that God is present in That service. Sometimes other signs God gives, not always Tongues.

Feb 9, 2010
Nobody can have an out of body experience and go to heaven and come back or go to hell and come back for if they went to either one of those places they would not come back to this earth.

The Father and Son are 2 different beings but they are together in the person of Jesus Christ,who is fully God the father and fully man,the man Christ Jesus.

The Son is the man Christ Jesus and not a second person of a trinity.God the Father manifest all His attributes to the Son,the man Christ Jesus.

The only way the term Son can have meaning is to be begotten and come after the Father or else the term Son has no meaning.

The Son can have no beginning is not right for Son means to come after the Son.How can the Son have no beginning if He is called the Son.Son means to be begotten and come after the Father.

If someone says that Jesus is a created god they are wrong,because God the Father said no God would be formed after Him.

Jesus is full God and fully man.The Father manifest all His attributes to the man Christ Jesus.

The Son is the man Christ Jesus,who has the fulness of God the Father's attributes.

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace(Isaiah 9:6).

The Bible says the Son shall be called The everlasting Father because God the Father manifest all His attributes to the Son,the man Christ Jesus.

Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I(Isaiah 52:6).

God the Father told the Jews that He would reveal to them His new name,which is Jesus,and speak to them.

Jesus said I come in My Father's name,which is Jesus.The Bible says the Son inherited the name Jesus from His Father.Jesus is the name of the Father and the Son inherited that name.

The Old Testament says what is His name and what is His Son's name if you can tell.The Father and Son would share the same name.

Jesus is fully God and fully man,so the name Jesus is the name of the Father and Son,the man Christ Jesus.

7If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
8Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
9Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?
10Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
11Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake(John 14:7-11).

Jesus said if you have seen Him then you have seen the Father,for God the Father manifest all His attributes to the Son,the man Christ Jesus,and showed Himself visibly to the Jews,and revealed His new name Jesus,and spoke to the Jews by His Son,the man Christ Jesus,as He promised in Isaiah 52:6.

The Son is the man Christ Jesus.

Matt

R

Ricke

Matt
Preach on Brother. Amen!

Feb 9, 2010
Everything God does is for a purpose.

What would be the purpose of God letting them speak in tongues years ago,but not letting us speak in tongues today?

Everything God does is for a benefit.

Why would they benefit from speaking in tongues years ago but not now.

The truth is that tongues have not ceased but are still in use today.

If speaking in tongues was for the saints back then,then tongues is for today.

The Old Testament says that with stammering lips and and another tongue,God shall speak to His children.

Jesus said all that believe shall speak with new tongues.

The Bible says we are to become a perfect man in Christ.

The book of James said if a person can bridle the tongue they can tame the whole body,and become a perfect man,but the tongue is the most unruliest of all the members,and no man can tame the tongue.

If we have to become a perfect man in Christ,and the way to do that is to tame the tongue,then how can we become a perfect man if no man can tame the tongue.

God takes the one part of our body that cannot be tamed and speaks through us in tongues so that we can bridle the whole body and become a perfect man.

This would apply to all saints for all have to become a perfect man.

The Bible says that sometimes we do not know what to pray for as we ought,but the Spirit makes intercession for us with groanings and utterings.

If we have to keep ourselves spiritually clean but we do not know what to pray for sometimes,how can we get all the garbage out of us that hinders our walk with God.

The Spirit intercedes for us with groanings and utterings that cannot be understood and gets all the garbage for us.

The truth is God would not have them speak in tongues years ago unless there is a benefit to it,and if it a benefit to them then it is a benefit to all saints and we can speak in tongues.

What is different back then that is not the same now.

Matt