Family Nights

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
you have to make up the questions yourself, quizmaster...

They can be how much you know about each other, family history, etc. Like when Ross did the quiz on Friends. Although I dont think you should swap houses/rooms if you win...
Ok gotcha

P

persistent

‘I Heard the Bells’

Lancaster County-based Sight & Sound Ministries’ first film, “I Heard the Bells,” held steady at the No. 9 position last week. “I Heard the Bells” took in $308,893, according to estimates.

A week before, the film took in $750,713 domestically and played at 973 locations.

The film, which was made in Lancaster County and cast locally, was released at a time when theaters were hungry for new films and when Christian movie-goers were looking for uplifting Christmas fare.

The film about famed 19thcentury American poet Henry Wadsworth Longfellow tells the tragic and inspirational events that led him to write the poem “Christmas Bells,” which would become the beloved Christ-mas carol “I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day.”

“I Heard the Bells” grossed $2.77 million at the box office over its four-day debut beginning Dec. 1. Encouraged by its success, its run was extended.

Sight & Sound, the longtime Bible-based stage producer headquartered in Strasburg Township, made the film for roughly $3 million. “Avatar: The Way of Water” cost Disney an estimated $600 million to make and market.

Mar 25, 2020
Do families still take time on regular basis just to enjoy one another as they enjoy a time of diversion?
I'm asking somewhat selfishly as I had children later in life and still have a houseful of misfits and I'm looking for some fresh ideas.
Dumb charades, Karaoke night, monopoly, Chess, Ludo, snakes and ladders, card games, movie night, video games.

You could take the family out. Plan sleepovers at a relative's or friend's if that's possible.

Trekking on the weekends. A sporting activity together. Talk about your beliefs and ask your children about theirs. Etc etc. You don't need all these ideas. You'll come up with something if you sat down and thought about it. You know your family better than anyone here does.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Dumb charades, Karaoke night, monopoly, Chess, Ludo, snakes and ladders, card games, movie night, video games.

You could take the family out. Plan sleepovers at a relative's or friend's if that's possible.

Trekking on the weekends. A sporting activity together. Talk about your beliefs and ask your children about theirs. Etc etc. You don't need all these ideas. You'll come up with something if you sat down and thought about it. You know your family better than anyone here does.
I appreciate your suggestions. We do many of these or have at various times and ages. But I find Christians to be very creative people and helpful as well and fresh ideas and perspectives add depth and quality.
Again, much thanks.

Mar 25, 2020
I appreciate your suggestions. We do many of these or have at various times and ages. But I find Christians to be very creative people and helpful as well and fresh ideas and perspectives add depth and quality.
Again, much thanks.
You're welcome. Always happy to help.

TheNarrowPath

Jul 17, 2022
Just saw this game last night and Im going to try it with my fam in our pre christmas dinner tonight.

P

persistent

11th or 12th grade students may be able to get a lot of good with this interview of John Lennox particularly if college bound. If you go to the last 10 minutes get the Christian view which he understands.

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
I was looking at this section of the forum on some old threads, back to page 90, and I saw a lot of tragedy, sadness and despair and this topic seemed like the most cheery one.

My time with my family is and has always been a blessing and I’m always grateful for it.
This summer was a wonderful summer and we did so many things together and traveled around the region for many days. We also called our relatives to join us and we had a lot of fun with them too.
Now that the school has started we enjoy playing games together and doing some activities related to school.
If I didn’t need to work, I would love to be at home with my family and I’ve enjoyed the past 3 years of working from home and being with them.

Oct 26, 2023
Do families still take time on regular basis just to enjoy one another as they enjoy a time of diversion?
I'm asking somewhat selfishly as I had children later in life and still have a houseful of misfits and I'm looking for some fresh ideas.
what kind of activities do your kids and you enjoy doing together?

my daughter is 9, she loves doing crafts/art projects with me and on her own.

playing cards/board games/dice, find the differences puzzles.

movie/cuddle time.

beach and nature weather permitting.
taking a walk or bike ride.

gardening/planting.

reading books together.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
what kind of activities do your kids and you enjoy doing together?

my daughter is 9, she loves doing crafts/art projects with me and on her own.

playing cards/board games/dice, find the differences puzzles.

movie/cuddle time.

beach and nature weather permitting.
taking a walk or bike ride.

gardening/planting.

reading books together.
My kids are between 14 and 28 so we watch movies together, play board games, and I make them go outside and play 4-square with me. Sometimes we'll play kickball or croquet or do relay races.
We do play video games together or Jack box. There are a number of games you can play from your phone on a big screen TV.
We eat dinner together and everyone takes turns cooking. Even the boys can make lasagna. My wife is Malaysian so she taught us how to make sushi, which has become our Thanksgiving meal now.
It's more a matter of just doing stuff together. When kids feel a part of something in a family, and feel loved and valued, they don't turn to other places to find those things. They end up inviting their friends, who enjoy coming over and being part of our family.
Homeschooling facilitates this. And when my kids wanted to explore things on their own, I let them flap their wings. Seeing what's in the world helped them appreciate what family provides for them. So when you are tired and you still need to get 2 more classes in before you start dinner, just remember...the little child you are laboring for will soon be making dinner for you. Also, it pleases God.

Oct 26, 2023
My kids are between 14 and 28 so we watch movies together, play board games, and I make them go outside and play 4-square with me. Sometimes we'll play kickball or croquet or do relay races.
We do play video games together or Jack box. There are a number of games you can play from your phone on a big screen TV.
We eat dinner together and everyone takes turns cooking. Even the boys can make lasagna. My wife is Malaysian so she taught us how to make sushi, which has become our Thanksgiving meal now.
It's more a matter of just doing stuff together. When kids feel a part of something in a family, and feel loved and valued, they don't turn to other places to find those things. They end up inviting their friends, who enjoy coming over and being part of our family.
Homeschooling facilitates this. And when my kids wanted to explore things on their own, I let them flap their wings. Seeing what's in the world helped them appreciate what family provides for them. So when you are tired and you still need to get 2 more classes in before you start dinner, just remember...the little child you are laboring for will soon be making dinner for you. Also, it pleases God.
my daughter already cooks meals (rice, mashed potatoes veggies, oven stuff) for us once in awhile. i am so proud of her.
children are a gift from God and worth everything and more.

i really want to get us a croquet set someday! we had one when i was a kid and i remember loving it.

yum sushi!

do you guys like to fish?

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
my daughter already cooks meals (rice, mashed potatoes veggies, oven stuff) for us once in awhile. i am so proud of her.
children are a gift from God and worth everything and more.

i really want to get us a croquet set someday! we had one when i was a kid and i remember loving it.

yum sushi!

do you guys like to fish?
My wife's side of the family does. And being from Malaysia, they waste nothing. I don't particularly like eating food that is staring back at me...so fish head soup is out.
I like my fish fried. My grandmother could really fry up some fish and my grandfather made crabcakes that made your eyes roll back in your head. I would spend part of my summers when I was young with them.
Some of my best memories were going fishing with my grandfather, until the day of the big catch..............that's the last time I went fishing. Everything was normal as the day started. When we got the dock and put the boat in the water, even before leaving the harbor, a school of spot was swimming by. We grabbed the nets and must have pulled in 50 fish. We put them in the cooler and went out into the open water and caught some more spot and catfish. What a haul. We usually only caught 5 to 10 fish ever before. When we got back home, I cleaned the boat like always and was headed into the house to tell my grandma about our big catch. But before I got in, my grandfather called me back. He usually cleaned the fish himself. But with so many, I soon became his apprentice. He showed me how to scale the fish, cut off the head and tail, and, then the really fun part, how to gut the fish. If that wasn't bad enough, it was the middle of the summer in Florida on a cloudless day on a concrete driveway using a dull knife. Haven't been fishing since.

Oct 26, 2023
My wife's side of the family does. And being from Malaysia, they waste nothing. I don't particularly like eating food that is staring back at me...so fish head soup is out.
I like my fish fried. My grandmother could really fry up some fish and my grandfather made crabcakes that made your eyes roll back in your head. I would spend part of my summers when I was young with them.
Some of my best memories were going fishing with my grandfather, until the day of the big catch..............that's the last time I went fishing. Everything was normal as the day started. When we got the dock and put the boat in the water, even before leaving the harbor, a school of spot was swimming by. We grabbed the nets and must have pulled in 50 fish. We put them in the cooler and went out into the open water and caught some more spot and catfish. What a haul. We usually only caught 5 to 10 fish ever before. When we got back home, I cleaned the boat like always and was headed into the house to tell my grandma about our big catch. But before I got in, my grandfather called me back. He usually cleaned the fish himself. But with so many, I soon became his apprentice. He showed me how to scale the fish, cut off the head and tail, and, then the really fun part, how to gut the fish. If that wasn't bad enough, it was the middle of the summer in Florida on a cloudless day on a concrete driveway using a dull knife. Haven't been fishing since.
so i take it you didnt enjoy cleaning fish? 🤣

i didnt mind. i loved helping my papa. now i do ... not truly anticipate doing it as i did as a child proud to help her papa.
eee been years.

Tish

Philippians 1:6
Nov 30, 2023
I think it’s homonym. ?? Same sound spelled differently… 👌