FATHERHOOD PRINCIPLE..

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

alehandra

The Fatherhood Principle is a book written by Myles Munroe which is dedicated specifically to men but women can also benefit a lot from learning this. Throughout the book, Myles addressed fundamental issues regarding the purpose of fatherhood, the role of men, and fulfilling the calling as father. I have been blessed a lot from learning this and cannot help not to share it. So, here is what I have learned and hopefully we together can apply it in our family to bring such a great impact to the world :)

First, I would like to share the facts and impacts of children who has no figure of father in their lives:
1. Children who was being raised without father have 5 times probability to become poor.
2. Babies mortality rate who were born by an unmarried mother is 1,8 times higher than married mother.
3. Teenagers who were raised without father has bigger probability to be involved in crime and got into prison than those who were raised in a family with father and mother.
4. Teenagers are having higher risk to get into drugs addiction without father's supervision.
5. Teenagers who were raised by single mother has higher risk to engage pre-marital sex.
6. Living with a single parent has doubled the risk of children to suffer from physical and emotional underdevelopment rather than those who live with both parents.

These facts has shown how important it is the presence and role of father in shaping their children's future. But the problems that we face in our society is many men don't know their purpose and the meaning of becoming a father. Inside of all men there is a potential to become a father. God wants every boy grows up to become a father. Having children on our own may automatically make us receive the title of "Father" but what is that all? What is really the meaning of being a father?

The word "father" in Hebrew comes from the word "ab". "Abba" means "papa". In Greek, the word "father" is "pater". There are definitions of ab and pater, such as:
- Source
- Preserver
- Guardian
- Supporter
- Pioneer
- Protector
These definitions will direct us to the purpose of men that we have been looking for. From them, we can draw the principles of fatherhood such as:

1. Man as the source of seeds.
Man is the source of sperms (seeds). He is the source of human's life, while woman is the incubator of life. Woman gives life to the man's seeds.

2. Man as preserver of fruits.
As the seeds have been planted, the seeds will grow into a tree that bear fruits. Man as a father is responsible to preserve the fruit. Fruits in the end will yield to new seed. Father is the preserver. That gives a glimpse of purpose of man for not to spread his seeds wherever he likes. Because as a responsible man, he needs to be responsible of his seeds and preserve it and its fruits (you know what I mean hehe)

3. Man as the source of woman.
1 Cor 11:8-9 says, "For man did not come from woman, but woman from man; neither man was created for woman, but woman for man." Woman is man's glory. Man is responsible for whatever that comes out of him. Woman was created out of man so that man is responsible to woman and how he treats her. If you are a young man who have a romantic relationship with young woman, you need to honor her, just like you want others to honor your own daughter. It is inappropriate to force her to do sex before marriage. When a woman goes out with a man, she needs to feel protected physically, emotionally, and spiritually.

TO BE CONTINUED

CILLA

May 3, 2013
Do we need better ABs? ( :rolleyes: )

I´m happily adopted by a little girl of 6 years. I´m re-learning things I missed, but that fatherhood has a price I couldn´t reach.