Favorite christian movie

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

Liz01

My favorite christian movies are "Fire Proof" and "Left Behind", what is your favorite christian movie and why?

G

GreenNnice

My favorite christian movies are "Fire Proof" and "Left Behind", what is your favorite christian movie and why?
---
I've not seen either those, or, maybe' left behind' kirk Cameron movie long time ago...

I like animated film: Prince Of Egypt.

Gave me goosebumps seeing what God did: the three biggest names in movies and animation made that movie . , Huge names in moviedom anyway: Speilberg (Schindler's List, E.T.), Katzenberg (Disney big-whig creator help of animation greats Beauty & The Beast, Little Mermaid, Lion King) , Geffen (Gremlins).

Song that Pharoah's daughter sings in Prince Of Egypt ,as she puts baby Moses in basket and sets Him in river, HOOkED me early in movie, and, Whitney Houston 80s pop singer star sang it: When You Believe.

Many nights we prayed, with no proof anyone could hear.
In our hearts a hopeful song we barely understood.
Now we are not afraid though there is much to fear
We were moving mountains long before we knew we could.

Who know what miracles you can achieve when you believe.

Powerful song there carried the film, great animation setting stage for many led to Christ that could not be reached except through all the cinema they took in for their life.

God can REACH us in so many ways, even put the germ of christianity into the thoughts and minds of the best and brightest in Hollywood, which He indeed did do with the telling story of Moses, leading the Israelites people from slavery out of Egypt after first having God inflict Pharoah and Egypt with plagues that heightened in damAge content, finishing off with God having to kill EVERY first-born Egyptian son that only THEN made Pharoah let the Israelites go from captivity.

Great story ! On my top 10!

Like my favorite book: Passion & Purity (a story of Love guys and gals will cry, laugh, cheer for the girl in it, trying her best to follow God's PATIENT plan for her life :) )

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jullianna

The Ten Commandments and Passion of the Christ. We know didn't get everything exactly right scripturally, but they made quite an impact nonetheless.

I liked Facing the Giants too and am looking forward to their new movie about a family of cops. :)

P

permen

"Faith Like Potatoes"
THE BEST movie i ever seen!! it's based on a really unbelievable true story. I learned sooooooooo many things from this movie, this one is a must-see movie for christians :)

idk why IMDb rate 6/10 for this AMAZING movie, maybe it's because they don't like the title.
i give 11/10 for this movie :D

Last edited:
K

Kooper

fireproof-03.jpg

Fireproof.

Liamson

Feb 3, 2010
Les Miserables, Ben Hur, BBC Narnia movies are all my favorites.

L

Liz01

---
I've not seen either those, or, maybe' left behind' kirk Cameron movie long time ago...

I like animated film: Prince Of Egypt.

Gave me goosebumps seeing what God did: the three biggest names in movies and animation made that movie . , Huge names in moviedom anyway: Speilberg (Schindler's List, E.T.), Katzenberg (Disney big-whig creator help of animation greats Beauty & The Beast, Little Mermaid, Lion King) , Geffen (Gremlins).

Song that Pharoah's daughter sings in Prince Of Egypt ,as she puts baby Moses in basket and sets Him in river, HOOkED me early in movie, and, Whitney Houston 80s pop singer star sang it: When You Believe.

Many nights we prayed, with no proof anyone could hear.
In our hearts a hopeful song we barely understood.
Now we are not afraid though there is much to fear
We were moving mountains long before we knew we could.

Who know what miracles you can achieve when you believe.

Powerful song there carried the film, great animation setting stage for many led to Christ that could not be reached except through all the cinema they took in for their life.

God can REACH us in so many ways, even put the germ of christianity into the thoughts and minds of the best and brightest in Hollywood, which He indeed did do with the telling story of Moses, leading the Israelites people from slavery out of Egypt after first having God inflict Pharoah and Egypt with plagues that heightened in damAge content, finishing off with God having to kill EVERY first-born Egyptian son that only THEN made Pharoah let the Israelites go from captivity.

Great story ! On my top 10!

Like my favorite book: Passion & Purity (a story of Love guys and gals will cry, laugh, cheer for the girl in it, trying her best to follow God's PATIENT plan for her life :) )
ohh, i love animated movies :) but i havent seen Prince of Egypt yet, i will see it soon and the Schindler's List was like wow

L

Liz01

The Ten Commandments and Passion of the Christ. We know didn't get everything exactly right scripturally, but they made quite an impact nonetheless.

I liked Facing the Giants too and am looking forward to their new movie about a family of cops. :)
I liked very much Passion of the Christ too, i think this movie have had impact not only in christian ppl, but in non christian.

L

Liz01

"Faith Like Potatoes"
THE BEST movie i ever seen!! it's based on a really unbelievable true story. I learned sooooooooo many things from this movie, this one is a must-see movie for christians :)

idk why IMDb rate 6/10 for this AMAZING movie, maybe it's because they don't like the title.
i give 11/10 for this movie :D
oh, i saw your link and it sounds like a very good movie,now i have to see it ;)

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
My favorite christian movie was the one that led me to my conversion. It was never shown in a theater or on the tv as far as I know. It was a VHS video that a nice old man I had done some work for gave me. Its simply entitled "Jesus" and it is a movie of his life from childhood to the resurrection and ascent into heaven. It is a free video, distributed free. You can actualy view it online for free:

The JESUS Film - STREAMING VIDEO

I still consider it the best film I've seen about Jesus' life. I have seen The Passion of The Christ and other movies about Jesus, but this one is still my favorite. It was produced in 1980 and the actor who plays Jesus is really inspiring. His name is Brian Deacon. I don't know if he's ever done anything else. Anyway, watch the video if you get a chance. I think it really captures the essence of Jesus' loving, compassionate personality and the personalities of the apostles too.

B

Boanerges

Left behind saga

L

Lecrae

To Save a Life

L

Liz01

My favorite christian movie was the one that led me to my conversion. It was never shown in a theater or on the tv as far as I know. It was a VHS video that a nice old man I had done some work for gave me. Its simply entitled "Jesus" and it is a movie of his life from childhood to the resurrection and ascent into heaven. It is a free video, distributed free. You can actualy view it online for free:

I still consider it the best film I've seen about Jesus' life. I have seen The Passion of The Christ and other movies about Jesus, but this one is still my favorite. It was produced in 1980 and the actor who plays Jesus is really inspiring. His name is Brian Deacon. I don't know if he's ever done anything else. Anyway, watch the video if you get a chance. I think it really captures the essence of Jesus' loving, compassionate personality and the personalities of the apostles too.

I didnt know this film, i watched a piece of this movie and he seem to be a very good actor

K

Kooper

I forgot to add why:

After so many years it was nice to see that Mr. Cameron was still acting. Seeing him flip out in that scene was awesome. ^_^ Probably one of the fews scenes in the movie that got to me on an emotional level (I laughed.. so hard.). I even looped it because it was that awesome. The story was okay too. Very romantic. I kinda like some of those challenges that book had. Too bad theres no one ultimate book that will help guys like me. :p Wait... *glances over to Bible*

Nevermind. :D

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
I didnt know this film, i watched a piece of this movie and he seem to be a very good actor
Thanks for checking it out, Liz. I love that actor's portrayal of Jesus too. So far I've not seen another play Jesus quite as convincingly in my opinion. I really love the simplicity of the movie too. It sticks to the gospel and doesn't get into dramatic dialogues because its not aiming for an Oscar. :)

L

Liz01

I forgot to add why:

After so many years it was nice to see that Mr. Cameron was still acting. Seeing him flip out in that scene was awesome. ^_^ Probably one of the fews scenes in the movie that got to me on an emotional level (I laughed.. so hard.). I even looped it because it was that awesome. The story was okay too. Very romantic. I kinda like some of those challenges that book had. Too bad theres no one ultimate book that will help guys like me. :p Wait... *glances over to Bible*

Nevermind. :D
I liked the challenges in the book too, when i knew that that book existed i was very curious if married couples have done those challenges :)

niceguyJ

Feb 5, 2011

I really like that one too. It's also a favorite of a niece. I think they did a really good job with it. I also agree the actor did a great job. It's cool to see it mentioned here.

G

GreenNnice

------
I should see this movie again, zere. I thought it was called The Jesus Project. But, yeah, my college roommate, 3 years removed from college, gave this movie to me and said watch it. He said it was made low-budget in Africa by normal acting people, not Hollywood folk, and, had already been translated into more languages than any other movie ever. And, he said, too, milions (billions?)of people in world already seen Jesus movie. . So, yeah, Zere, you stirred up a memory there dormant some 15 years.

-----
KayM, yes, Prince of Egypt is a great movie, has a touching, moving storyline on the life of Moses that I think keeps true to the real Exodus story in the bible.
-----

M

mexicansaint

Mine is time changer and tribulation.. you should chek dem out