Favorite nuts and nut recipes

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

mar09

Sep 17, 2014

We like pili nuts but i havent tried this recipe actually.

Pili Nut Brittle

Ingredients:
1/4 kilo ( 2cups) blanched and shelled raw pili nuts
3 tbsp. butter, softened
1/2 tsp.baking soda
2 tbsp. white sugar
2 tbsp. light syrup
cooking oil for frying
How to make Pili Nut Brittle
  • Sun dry pili nuts for half a day. Combine butter and baking soda. brush some of the mixture on a clean
    marble slab.
  • Reserve the rest for use later. Set marble slab aside. In a large frying pan over low fire, deep fry nuts in oil until slightly yellow. Add sugar and continue frying until nuts are yellow brown.
  • Add syrup and continue frying until nuts are medium – dark brown. Remove nuts from oil and spread out on marble slab. Brush nuts with reserved butter mixture.
  • When nuts are slightly cool but still warm, divide into portions. Seal in a plastic bag and store in a jar.
Pili Nut Brittle | Filipino Vegetarian Recipes

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Some of my favorite nuts are right here on CC..lol.. :eek:

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
I suddenly remember seeing a short film on healthy eating/lifetyle called Nuts in May...

I like plain almonds or boiled peanuts, but i wish others would share how/what they do with nuts-- of course we havent ur many other kinds around here like macadamias, and walnuts except sometimes but i hope some would at least post for ideas.

P

psychomom

i like to take different kinds of nuts and dried fruits and mix them together.
maybe add some flake coconut.

makes a handy, no added sugar snack on the go. :)

S

sealabeag

if you mix almond or hazelnut butter together with honey it tastes like Nutella :D Handy if you're on Paleo, or a health nut. No pun intended.