Favorite teachers

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

Nest

Who do you to prefer to listen to preach and teach, who do you recommend, not to exalt anyone I just want to know your opinion on who you think is aligned with Gods word, and please respect other peoples opinions.... or not...

Descyple

Jun 7, 2010
For myself, I've come to respect and be continually blessed by the following teachers, whom I believe "rightly divide the word of truth" - 2 Timothy 2:15.

Preachers

1. John Piper
2. John MacArthur
3. Steve Lawson
4. Alistair Begg
5. Francis Chan

Lecturers

1. D.A. Carson
2. R.C. Sproul
3. Alister McGrath
4. Ravi Zacharias
5. Michael Horton

Twinkle77

Sep 1, 2012
I like Charles Stanley
on TV - In Touch with Dr Charles Stanley
There's videos on youtube as well :)

P

psychomom

For myself, I've come to respect and be continually blessed by the following teachers, whom I believe "rightly divide the word of truth" - 2 Timothy 2:15.

Preachers

1. John Piper
2. John MacArthur
3. Steve Lawson
4. Alistair Begg
5. Francis Chan

Lecturers

1. D.A. Carson
2. R.C. Sproul
3. Alister McGrath
4. Ravi Zacharias
5. Michael Horton

I also really like Ravi. His talks are amazing! And there's a young man who works for him, Michael Ramsden, who I also listen to as often as I can. He incorporates some humor in what he says, but when it's serious...it's serious!
And I like the Berean approach John MacArthur has to the Word. Verse by verse...it may take months to get through a book of scripture, but when he's done, I feel like I understand it! :)

-ellie

ps--what about you, Nest? Whom do you admire and enjoy? :)

Apr 29, 2012
Judson Cornwall.

He went home a few years ago but his books are still available.
Easy to understand - highly recommended.

J

jo_ptrp

joshua harris and harold sala and steve chua are my favorites...in the philippines i like our pastor robert hern and jerome ocampo!the best! can i also include here my mother? because when she's angry she also has her own preaching ( just kidding but i love her wisdom )

U

Ugly

Charles Stanley is great, also many of the Calvary Chapel preachers i've heard are good. Though i must say i'm against 95% of televangelists.

N

Nest

Charles Stanley is great, also many of the Calvary Chapel preachers i've heard are good. Though i must say i'm against 95% of televangelists.
have you heard of chuck missler? What do you think about him?

joshhuntnm

Aug 6, 2012
here are some of my favs:

John Ortberg
Andy Stanley
Rick Warren
Bill Hybels

KlassyChik7

Sep 12, 2012
Charles Stanley is awesome. Joyce Meyer is another of one of my favorites. Max Lucado has some very great books you might want to checkout and read. :) Those are my top three.

Apr 14, 2011
My favorite teachers of the word of God would be as follows:

Pastors

Rick Warren (especially his book The Purpose-Driven Life)

John Piper

I have heard some sermons by Charles Stanley but not enough to put him in my list of teachers yet. Just an honorable mention so far.

Haven't really gotten into MacArthur yet

Chuck Missler (I don't agree with all of his stuff but I do take his position on Genesis 6 and maybe other things)

I have heard of Francis Chan but have not really heard much of his sermons

Chuck Swindoll

Rob Cruver, from Zarephath Christian Church

Finally, my pastor Mark from Grace Alliance Church in Piscataway, NJ

Lecturers:

Lee Strobel

Have not checked out D.A. Carson

Have not checked out much of R.C. Sproul

Ravi Zacharias (especially Ravi Zacharias Ministries that have Youtube videos or more on their website and even newsletter that I have not yet subscribed to)
I would include Chuck Missler as a lecturer.

Those are my favs and ones I know of but have not really checked out. Some that I have not checked out yet are mentioned and some I have not checked out are not mentioned. God bless everyone.

J

Jordache

Josh, you sound like you go to my church.
I like my pastor Bill Dwyer, but since no one will know him, I love Dallas Willard though his writings give me a headache.
- Ravi is great
- Rick Warren
- Ortberg
- Pete Scazzero
- Philip Yancey
- Chuck Smith
- Jan Johnson
- Deborah Smith Pegues

C

chuinchoy

I like to listen to my church pastor and his wife's preaching beside God. Both of them are my mentor/guide as well.

J

Jemuel

rick warren s my favorite

framester

Jan 4, 2010
Charles Stanley, Rick Warren, Joel Olsteen, John Hagee and Max Lucado for me.

You may have heard/read criticisms about some of them, but despite of it all - God has used them mightily to help me grow.

May God bless us all and continue to use us for his glory.

Amen!

A

AgeofKnowledge

My favorites are Jesus, Paul, Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, and the author of Hebrews.

Jon4TheCross

Oct 19, 2012
I must be honest in saying that I have found it very hard to find ministers that understand the everlasting priesthood, and that preach that Christians should not be tithing (keeping a part, normally 90%) to Christians of the same commonwealth and high priesthood with access to the holy of holies. This is starting to change a little as far as I can see, but ministers not understanding the priesthood are difficult for me to listen to. Thank God for all His children, but I'm still on the hunt to find a group besides my brother and I who are willing to unite in true form willingly, confessing that we are the everlasting priesthood and part of the common wealth. I have listened and learned from most of those listed. Praise God for them, even if they're holding back a part. This is simply the truth in my case, but I always have direct access to God anyhow. I do love good preaching, and am looking forward to revival.

I love you all.

H

hopesprings

Chuck Swindoll, John Piper, John MacArthur, David Platt, Francis Chan, Kay Arthur, Jonathan Edwards (love "Sinners in the hands of an angry God"), Spurgeon, Matthew Henry, C.S Lewis....there are so many....