Finally watched "Les Miserable"--if you haven't seen it, don't read

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jordache

I waited for a long time to watch this movie because while I watch many movies alone, this seemed like one I didn't want to see by myself. So I went with a friend yesterday and I must say it was an experience. It was like sitting in an emotional wave tank for 2 1/2 hours. It's amazing that the man who actually wrote this story was actually an atheist. It just goes to show how God can use anyone and everyone to glorify Him. There were several parts which really got to my friend and I.
1). Jean Valjeans first prayer scene. He had just been offered a new life, a chance at redemption, and immense by the man he just robbed blind. The first place he goes is to an alter to seek God for the strength to be more than he is.
2). As Fontine loses her jobs he heads out to find work in order to support her supposedly ailing child who's being raised by another couple. She falls in with a bad crowd out of desperation and ends up prostituting herself. As one man finishes with her she begins crying out about how lost her dreams are and how hopeless she is, but Valjean finally finds out that he is actually part of why she is street bound in the first place, so he carries her to the hospital and vows to find her daughter and care for her after she's gone.
3). Fontine is dying and hallucinating as she reaches out and sings to her daughter whom she now cannot care for.
4). In the end, Valjean ends up back in a church praying. With Cosette and her new husband at his side, he relives the redemptive journey he has been on and does in peace. Just remembering those scenes is gut wrenching. Such power, such grace and redemption, such an anointed story written by a man who didn't know grace and redemption.

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
It is a powerful story! I didn't know the author was atheist....incredible.

T

tenderhearted

It was an emotional movie. During the movie I looked around I noticed all the women crying, including me. When my husband and I left the movie, we were still emotional about it. I couldn't stop talking about it. I feel like many people could identify with the characters in the movie.

T

Tearose84

I enjoyed the movie, but after having seen the broadway play it was disappointing, but still good!