Finding My Way to Jesus

  • Thread starter Thread starter kmbour1987
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

kmbour1987

Guest
The story of how I got Saved:

I'd like to start by saying I don't want this to be about denominations. That's not the focus of this post, and I'd rather not get into the discussion about differences in doctrine, or whatever. Please, just keep that in mind. This post is about my journey towards Jesus and salvation.

I was raised Catholic. I went to a Catholic School from grade K-2nd before moving to a different school in 3rd. I went through the process of 1st Communion and I believe I was baptized as a baby. I don't remember it much, to be honest. I stopped going to church around 4th or 5th grade. I honestly felt like it was just forced upon me. And I felt like I was being told how to do something, but the meaning behind it was lost. It just wasn't sitting right with my young brain.