Finding Strength

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JWat

I just wanted to know if anyone had any tips on how to deal with the following situation. Shortly after accepting Christ I found myself working in a place that was full of CHRISTians . They were a great help and gave much insight into my new found faith. However a couple of years later a took a better paying job that had many more oppurtunities to improve upon my life financially. I know have no christians working with me and the ones who say they beleive in God dont act like it. I mean they dont live very Christ like lives. Not to judge I am not perfect either yet it makes it difficult for me to get away froom the sins that have held me down for so long. What should I do?I feel like no one wants to talk about what I want to talk about and I dont want to be involved in there conversation either. Yet I dont want them to feel like I am judjing them for the things they do. Most family friends and coworkers biggest problem with Christians already is hypocrisy. At lleast that I encounter.Should I just keep on going and staying in the word and let them say what they will? Should I try to evangelise to them? Anyones thoughts on this matter is greatly appreciated. In the meantime I will just keep praying. God bless you all and thanks for your comments.

T

twistedlinen

Having a daily quiet time with the Lord sets your day right.
"My flesh and my heart may fail, But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever -Ps 73:26"

I believe there's always a church around. Try to get in touch with family of believers.
You don't have to totally isolate yourself with these people.. JEsus said be salt and light in the world.

E

easygoing

I have the same problem in my workplace as well. I am in the hvac industry and i am surrounded by coworkers who drop the F bomb every other word, tell me how they got wasted the night before, or what they would do with that woman there, etc etc. At first i went along with it but after every day of this i came to a point where i just felt dirty. (if you have been surrounded by this then you know what i mean)
It finally came to me one day, i needed to ask god for an answer. After i had prayed on it and asked god to cleanse me of these things over and over again he finally gave me the answer i needed.
It occured to me that the answer was there the entire time i just didn't recognize it. We are gods children on this earth and the earth is filled with so much sin a person has to literally be on gaurd 24/7. seriously if you think about it if you let your gaurd down for a moment that is just enough so that evil can creep in. I made it known to others that i could not take part in the oogling of a womans body, that i do not drink, and no curse words come from my mouth any longer unless i would smash a finger or get hurt but even then i ask god to forgive me.
so to you J you must absoloutly keep your faith and keep it strong! Wear the full armor of the word and let god be your rear gaurd.
You say that there are some christians among your new place of work, these are the ones who obviously want to be with the lord but maybe are just lukewarm about it or maybe they are not sure what to say or do either. I would find one or two that you can connect with on a social level and start there, see where they stand, take up some conversations one on one and people will reveal themselves for who they are. After that you will know how to proceed.
The most important thing though....just ask god, he will provide you with what you need, wether it be words or just to walk away.
This works for me, i talk to god throughout the day. I ask for wisdom in finding a solution, or patience with others, or just the right words sometimes.
I don't know if this will help but remember that you are not alone in your daily struggles.

D

dodolah

At lleast that I encounter.Should I just keep on going and staying in the word and let them say what they will? Should I try to evangelise to them? Anyones thoughts on this matter is greatly appreciated. In the meantime I will just keep praying. God bless you all and thanks for your comments.
I found that the best way to evangelize is by living your life in the word of God.
People can "sense" genuine people just as people can "sense" fake one.
Keep praying and off course be like Christ and live like Christ.
Soon, they will ask you why you are so different (in a good way :) ).
Then, you can share what God has put in your heart to share.

The reason why people always sing about hypocrisy hypocrisy is because there are too many evangelists who do not practice what they preach.

olivetree32

Jan 4, 2009
i agree with living it. however, be prepared to answere any questions they may have about your faith. Christ has put you there for a reason, as He has me and many others in the work place. Pray and put on the shield of faith. Ask God for open doors to minister, and remember, God wants none to parish amen. Ephesians 6 is good with putting on all the armour. God will give the Grace you need as a good witness, and remember, the world is watching. Ask for wisdome and He will give it to you. And if you feel your not to be there, ask God to show you where to be, and start looking. But we can't get away from all the evil around us, but we are in Christ, and not of this world, and God will sustain us.

T

thefightinglamb

Jwat wrote:
However a couple of years later a took a better paying job that had many more oppurtunities to improve upon my life financially. I know have no christians working with me and the ones who say they beleive in God dont act like it.
It seems your own words might condemn you...you say that you left Christians for "a better paying job that had many more opportunities to improve upon my life financially." Did you follow the Lord to where you are at? If no, then pray about it and do what he leads you? If you won't follow God, then how do you expect him to bless you? Personally, I would whether have a less paying job ald less worldly opportunities to improve upon my life (that is now not mine but God's) in following the LORD.

I have been in the same circumstances...and that is the solution I came to...

So did you sell God for Mammon? If so, repent and follow the LORD. Even if it means going back to the old job (it may not, I am not dictating God's word to you).

God bless and I'll pray that God shows you what to do.
(You are only there for a reason if God sent you there, if you follow mammon or sin into a situation it doesn't mean you're still there for a reason. I am not saying God did not send you there necessarily, but you have to see why you are in the predicament you are in)

tony

Status
Not open for further replies.