FIRE7 this ones for you

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 18, 2011
So here is the deal. This is something I've had to come to terms with myself. I've asked many of those same questions. Like, how could adam be held responsible for disobeying God if he didn't know the difference of good and evil, right or wrong? How could a perfect God who knew everything throughout eternity still create Satan? Why does God quicken some hearts to come to Him and not others?

you know what I came up with? FIRST AND FOREMOST- GOD is WAYYY beyond our understanding. " He is that corner stone that if you fall on you will be broken, but on whom it falls will be grinded to dust."

Don't even try to reason yourself on it because you nor I know all of the facts behind the curtain. I know that Jesus dwells outside of the realm of space and time, just like the Father. I know He has the keys to Hell, I know that EVERY knee shall bow EVERY toungue shall confess. Who am I to say who will be saved? who am I to say who will go to hell? would you tell the CEO how to run his company?

something else you may want to consider is this. Whether you believe in Him or not. He's real. The evidence is prevalent.

Whether you can rationally understand the whole picture or not, GOD still exists, His words still exist. AND the evidence is prevalent.

I myself have an advantage for faith. This advantage is also a major disadvantage. Look at the world, what do you see? I see a whole lot of people who choose what they WANT to believe based on what suits their life. I look around at them dumbfounded "WHERE WAS THAT OPTION?!"
I am not a christian because I choose to be!! I know Jesus is Christ and the Son of GOD because of what I've witnessed! not even regarding the evidence I have found since then. There could be NOO evidence and I WILL NOT GET TO STAND BEFORE GOD AND SAY I DIDN'T KNOW.

The advantage is that I get to know for a certainty. The disadvantage is I am held WAY ACCOUNTABLE. You spoke truth when you said nobody could know where you were coming from without walking in your shoes. Just as you cannot know where we come from without walking in our shoes. "we can talk about it" I WOULD LOVE TO TALK ABOUT IT :) trust me. There is nothing else I am here on this planet to do, but to take that time to talk to you about it. It would be a sin, for me to turn around and busy myself with something else.

I made this a thread, so that we all can talk about it, I also made this a thread so that it wouldn't get lost in one of the MANY threads talking about the same things.

Now, GOD BLESS, and lets begin.."TALKING ABOUT IT" :)

Mar 18, 2011
I'd like to ask everyone one simple question. Only one answer, and the Biggest reason only.
QUESTION: WHY DO YOU OR DO YOU NOT BELIEVE/KNOW GOD EXISTS?

Mar 18, 2011
I KNOW GOD EXISTS:
Because I was physically brought to my knees, blinded by a homeless man who spoke the words of ISAIAH "THUS SAYS THE LORD"

Mar 18, 2011
PPFFT 19 views and nobody gave a single reason why they believe what they believe.. tthhaaaaankkks :)

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
I know he is real!He pulled me out of the world. He told me to follow him and if I did I would enter in to the joy of the Lord.He literally told me this.He speaks to you. He also draws youto him.Fire7 it seems
like he is talking to you too,saying come unto me.He calls us while we are at our worst,mabe rock bottom.Can.t you feel his tugging in your heart? Thats how it starts, we have to be sick of our lives the way it is. thats what turns us to him.we are tired of doing it ourselves, we surrender to him.Not my
will, but thy will oh Lord,
Be blessed brother!

J

Jacob12

PPFFT 19 views and nobody gave a single reason why they believe what they believe.. tthhaaaaankkks :)
Well bro, there are many reasons but the main all of the fulfilled prophecies in the bible and ones that are being fulfilled to the letter even in our time as Peter tells us 2Peter 1:19"We have also a more sure word of prophecy". Second is the pain and affliction
I've recently suffered really brought me to him. As it is written Rev 3:19 "As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore and repent. Heb 12:6-12 "For whom the Lord loveth, He chaseneth and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the Father chasteneth not?" There are many more reasons but these are the first couple that come to mind.

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
I know he is real!He pulled me out of the world. He told me to follow him and if I did I would enter in to the joy of the Lord.He literally told me this.He speaks to you. He also draws youto him.Fire7 it seems
like he is talking to you too,saying come unto me.He calls us while we are at our worst,mabe rock bottom.Can.t you feel his tugging in your heart? Thats how it starts, we have to be sick of our lives the way it is. thats what turns us to him.we are tired of doing it ourselves, we surrender to him.Not my
will, but thy will oh Lord,
Be blessed brother!

And sometimes we sure don,t know how or what to pray, we just say ok lord here I am, and follow his leading, even though we fall and get back up several times.

I

Israel

Outside of the bible, most people can't tell you. I believe because I do not see Him. Who I see however, is you. I can see you. Talk to and listen to you. No matter what you or I may believe is only a covering cast. The truth is we both struggle with the same problems as death comes to us all. In knowing this, that all here is vainity, I do whatever I may consider good, not of my own accord, but by the design in me. And as marvelous as I am made; to think, to create, when I look at a simple thing as a tree, who can neither see, nor talk, with the capacity to live longer than me, I understand then by nature that I have to be here for a purpose. And if I am marvelously made, then the One who made me, must be seen. I believe that in my life, and how I lived it whether right or wrong, it is only fair I see such marvelous being. For my life was vain from birth.

Mar 11, 2011
I'd like to ask everyone one simple question. Only one answer, and the Biggest reason only.
Hi Deadtosin and Fire7 and the rest of the NON- Faith Bashing practising Christans.

I won't be able to stick to the parameters of your question because i've been in both places, beleiving & knowing.

The biggest reason that i beleived is that, i was raised to beleive and God's biggest blessing to me were my parents, as they walked the talk.

It was mostly due to my mother, as i observed throughuot my life, all the affliction and persecution she bore, and yet never let her love light burn out. She could be anyones freind at any time, always having words of encourgment, a lot like Pickles :) ( Ps. Pickles is a member of CC for anyone new here)

At 42 years of age; i fully and completely lost that faith, due to what i thought were righteous reasons for being angry and bitter.

I screamed out at God and told him off, as well as telling Him that i don't beleive in Him anymore, and even worse, i told Him that i was going to lie, cheat and steal, as i can be as good as rest of them at this, as its easy.

Less than 12 hrs later, i was exsposed to the most sincere Pastor that i have ever witnessed. It just so happened (if you beleive that :D) that this Pastor was just restarting his Bible Study at Genisis Ch.1 ver 1.

After hearing, just the 8 days of creation (as i always had beleived it was 7) Gods Word immediatly started to make more sense to me. The most shocking thing to me was that, I found out that the Father not only felt the way i did, But, even more so :(

That was over 8 years ago, and i've never wavered in my faith since, on the contrary, day by day, prayer by prayer, line upon line and precept upon precept, its gotten better everyday :) and anger and bitternes is null and void in my life; and if these feelings do spring up, i send them back to the one who sent them in the first place, satan (death)

Beleive? that word just seems to fall so short; as i know that God loves me and i KNOW that i love Him.

OR, how could you not, not know.
Tragically Hip

And by the way everyone, before the Zone Basher gets to this, Yes its Arnold Murray of The Sheppards Chapel, and NO, i am in no way ashamed of that, rather overjoyed by this Pastors sincerity.

And the Zone Basher wants to take this away from me? :D:D:D Forever.

Forever in Christ :)

C

Consumed

From the brink of suicide, saved by Jesus

J

jim417

I was saved in 1986, and walked the walked when it suited me. But in 2002, when my 5 day old son was given almost no chance to survive his heart defects, I prayed and all the churches my parents, siblings, friends, family and I were associated with prayed and the the hospital staff's amazement, my son not only survived the first surgeries, but thrived afterwards. After 6 open heart surgeries, I can see everyday the miracle GOD performs. GOD Bless!

Mar 18, 2011
I was saved in 1986, and walked the walked when it suited me. But in 2002, when my 5 day old son was given almost no chance to survive his heart defects, I prayed and all the churches my parents, siblings, friends, family and I were associated with prayed and the the hospital staff's amazement, my son not only survived the first surgeries, but thrived afterwards. After 6 open heart surgeries, I can see everyday the miracle GOD performs. GOD Bless!
AMEN PRAISE GOD!!

N

NoahsMom

WHY DO YOU OR DO YOU NOT BELIEVE/KNOW GOD EXISTS? I know he exists, Everyday that I draw breath in my body, its because he chooses to bless me with life..

F

Fire7

Thank you... I just now found this thread. It's 1:33 in the morning and I haven't slept so I'm going to go to bed, but I will finish reading this...

Feb 17, 2010
I believe God exist, becasue the love I have for all people! I was not a loving person, and now I find myself loving all people, even the ones that says I am from Satan! And I have this EVIL way. I certainly am not that person that can take it on the chin, and remain calm and loving!

I believe God exists for one more reason, I grow in trusting things I do not even SEE! Like a perfect ME! Amen!

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Because from my earlyest memories, I knew He loved me.
When I lived only sorrow, His love filled me and brought me comfort.
When I tried to run away from Him, He stood ahead with open arms.
And when I was broken beyond repair, He removed the damaged, and put Himself in those places.
When alsed why I believed ? Because I wanted only to believe, because all I have to give Him..
is what He has given me. My life!

in Jesus, God bless.
pickles